Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSleep
Thinker

Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4154990 - 05/09/05 08:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well, i don't know a ton about shrooms like some other people on here, however, i do know about psychology and sensory perception. now, as i understand, shrooms effect your senses, and doing alot of them can permanently damage your senses. the first step in creating a memory is sensing your surroundings. depending on how keen your senses are, more or less information will be the transported into your short term memory. your short term memory is likely also damaged with drug use. between the damage to your sensory memory and your short term memory, you're most likely not getting much to your long term memory. it's less likely that you've sped up your perception of time and more likely that you just can't remember the majority of your time. sorry dude.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: Sleep]
    #4155015 - 05/09/05 08:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't say that, mushrooms do "permanently damage your senses", they also do not "destroy your short term memory". He's not hopeless, just take it easy for a while dude.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

OfflineSleep
Thinker

Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: gdman]
    #4155090 - 05/09/05 09:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

and my ignorance is revealed.

--------------------
Earth is not a cold, dead place.

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: Sleep]
    #4157305 - 05/10/05 12:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"damaged" is a harsh word. I would say "changed" instead. I don't think that shrooms have any effect on my memory whatsoever, not like pot anyways.

Offlinedalorean
Loc: AZ
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4158070 - 05/10/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ignorance is bliss. try laying off the pot man. thats wuts flyn ur day.

OfflineStrandedVoyager
The People's Champ
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (202)-456-1414 Call Me
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: dalorean]
    #4158933 - 05/10/05 07:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Okay hey, sorry I didn't get back to any of you faster. I broke my keyboard a couple of days ago and just got a new one.

First off let me say that if I was reading this thread and someone else posted it I'd think it was total bullshit. But I can tell you that this is an honest thing that's being encountered by about six of us.

I feel bad for posting this now, like I thought this was a fairly common thing in the shrooming community. I really didn't expect to get such varied reactions from people. Like I really didn't want anything negative or for this to come off bad I was genuinely curious to find out the community's thoughts on this.

I've been straight edge for about three months now and I haven't smoked weed for about three weeks now so I don't think it's any lingering effects from anything. I also know that lapses of time or weird time comprehension has been linked to mental illness and schizophrenia which scares me quite a bit because I have schizophrenia in my family however since I don't seem to have any other signs of mental illness and the others who were in this binge with me are going through the same thing I don't think it's any form of mental illness.

I thought there was links between psilocybin and time? Or at least I thought so. If I remember correctly I remember listening to a Terrance McKenna interview when he was on Art Bell and he was talking about shrooms and time. However this was before I was into these things so it went over my head and I don't remember any substance of what he said.

I'll answer your questions now.

So, how do you interact with normal society?
- Just like anyone else, it's not like I became a leper or something. The only trick is that if I have to be somewhere at a certain time I have to check the clock like I have OCD.

So your saying that not one day since your shroom binge has seemed more than four hours long?
- It feels like anywhere from four to six hours long. It depends what's going on in the day. If I'm working then the day feels a little longer than usual. However, if I'm on a day off the day literally flies by. Sitting on my balcony smoking a cigar I looked at the clock on my wall three times and each time a hour had passed.

And also, how long did this binge go on for?
-About three weeks to a month.

Were they fresh shrooms?
Fresh Cyans picked off the ground usually that day or the day before.

Why would you eat so much?
-Were testing the bounds of reality and I don't know... it kind of became a tough man thing. I know it sounds stupid but you know how it goes.

Why disrespect the mushroom so?
- I'm sorry =/

Sure you are not exaggerating?
- I don't think so.

Try a television experiment.
-I'll do that on my next day off.

at what point in a day do you stop and think 'this day has only needed like a few hours?
-I usually wake up around noon and do some work, then around nine or ten I'll think... wait didn't I just wake up a little while ago? Then when the sun comes up I go to bed.

I hope I answered questions sufficiently enough.

--------------------
Hi  :scrambled:

My god... it's full of stars...

OfflineDimmy
Josephacetious
 User Gallery

Loc: Georgia
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: StrandedVoyager]
    #4159179 - 05/10/05 07:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if everything you say is indeed true than this is quite an interesting occurrence. one thing that is certain is that you should abstain from psychedelics due to your family history of mental illness. how old are you? schizophrenia usually develops in early adulthood (20s) in males but stressful events (such as a bad trip) can trigger the disorder if you already have a predisposition. you may want to have a MRI/CAT scan done to see if you have enlarged ventricles as they have a strong positive correlation with schizophrenia. you should be careful because using powerful psychoactive substances such as psychedelics when one has a predisposition to mental illness is a gamble.

--------------------
:goose:

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: Dimmy]
    #4159263 - 05/10/05 08:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Very silly to make mushroom eating into a tough man thing. Nothing tough about how much mushrooms you can eat.

Well, good luck man. I have never heard of any Terrence McKenna talks about what you speak of. There is alot of talk about time, but not about permanent time compression after the trip.

So you stay up all night? That could definitely have to do with your time perception.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineOisatsanaYert
Stranger
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4160319 - 05/11/05 12:22 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yea, try to get some sort of normal sleeping schedule in there. Wake up at 8 and go to sleep at 12 for a while. See how that works.

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
Re: Shrooms and Time? [Re: OisatsanaYert]
    #4160403 - 05/11/05 12:58 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i've had acid for four weekends straight, and that has been enough to show me the dangers of psychedelic binging. i'm only now feeling like i have a reasonable grasp of everything a couple of weeks after, and i've learned a lot from it.

with schitzophrenia in your family i'd say you;d have to be pretty lucky to get away with a mushroom binge like that - maybe you haven't. however if your friends are also experiencing the same thing, it is unlikely that all of you were prone.

or maybe time truely is dialating in your world and you'll be able to harness it one day; who knows?

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies