Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip?
    #4144175 - 05/06/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'm really wanting to trip again when i get the chance, but i feel like i'm going to be bothered because of my aprehension for the trip its self. My first time was strange, i only took like 1/16 and smoked a bit of MJ on the come up, but as i peaked i think i lost my relaxation and couldn't let myself go, i don't really remember if i had any relaxing music playing, i hope i did but not really even sure. I seem to think i'm afraid of not being able to let myself relax and enjoy the trip, but having negative thoughts direct the trip and where it is going, i think i'm afraid of having no control as i like a certain level of control. My first time i think i had a good time, i was scared, i got sick, and i thought some really scarey stuff, because of anxiety and panicing.

So my question is how do i train myself to relax and think positive things. While sober i do breathing tecniques and things like that, but if i'm tripping i don't think i will be able to. So what would the more experienced trippers advise for my situation, because i really want to have a fun enjoyable trip, and get something out of the experience for myself. Is there something i can take that will drop all of my anxiety, and lead me to positive thinking, because i really think i'm most afraid of my negativity i saw in my last "trip". Not sure if you would call it a trip.

So opinions?

Edited by demon2091tb (05/06/05 09:24 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4144233 - 05/06/05 09:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You are your own worst enemy.
The thought of not wanting to exprience the anxiety is what itself causes the anxiety. Anxiety and panicking are some of the normal reactions to the peak experiences, you combined the shrooms with pot as well, and that mix was probably too much for you.

The real thing you can do is to broaden your definitions. Just because you think of something one way doesn't mean you can't think of it another. Like say when things are going good for you and you are really enjoying yourself and then all the sudden something unexpected comes up that will change the way in which you experiened what you thought was how you were enjoying yourself. You just have to broaden your view to include that thing that was unexpected, it may not be as good as before, but it is what it is. Take things as they come, let it be. Trips involve both positive and negative parts, you just have to take what is served to you.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4144258 - 05/06/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks mecreateme, Sometime i feel like if i had them i could eat them and be perfectly fine, other times i don't even feel like tempting it because i sometimes feel like the problem lies up top in the ol noggin. My first trip was awesome in a mental type thing, i didn't get a chance to wonder about things as i really would think i would in a really relaxed good trip, but i assume that comes with experience, but i also think that my mind just was really not clear when i did them because i was fairly high when i ate them, but i just decided i will do them now and ate them.

I was happy as could be for the longest time, the come up was fairly awesome, saw a pixelated universe around me, you know how the walls get very grainy and start to ripple just a tad. But as soon as i started relaxing my "friend" was telling me about this story where a kid killed his mom, i thought it was really not the greatest time to tell me this, but i was so gone i really couldn't vocalize that i wanted to change the conv. So i ended up laying in my bed listening. Then i got sick.

Do you think one of the reason i would be freaked about was the inital trip i had, my friend telling me that story so in a sense i didn't let myself go because of that reason? With negative vibes around me and stuff ya know, that led it down the wrong path, as well as the addition of pot? Could that be the anxiety i feel from my first trip?

Offlinebhamlaxy
Shroomerite
Female

Loc: Nevada
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4144338 - 05/06/05 10:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i think more then 1/16 would be necessary to really let go. But my 1st time, i was shaking with excitement, because i had finally landed some shrooms. I just sat down and watched TV, and it seemed to calm me down.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: bhamlaxy]
    #4144360 - 05/06/05 10:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like a bad setting to me.
The pot probably didn't help either. Try just fasting for a day and eating the mushrooms, then after you come up, get high if you want.
Pot is better later in the trip instead of a steady amount all through it and before it.

Also sounds like you are pretty sensitive to psilocybin, I would suggest going with like 1-1.5g next time. And just let whatever happens happen. Sometimes we don't like to admit it but we really are our worst enemy. That is unless you have worked out your personality, via psychedelics or whatever other method. The mind is curious thing that will loop back around on itself. Incredibly curious and very paradoxical. It is the greatest gift in the universe, it can create something from nothing. What else can perform such a magic trick?

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: mecreateme]
    #4145133 - 05/07/05 04:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflinesysD
this side up.

Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: Rose]
    #5954987 - 08/11/06 08:46 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Let go. That's all I can tell you.

Fight the current, and you'll drown.

Ride the storm, and you'll feel its power.

--------------------
repeat after me: "i am a strong black woman"

"awwwww, shucky-ducky!"

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: sysD]
    #5955055 - 08/11/06 09:18 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 02:29 AM)

Offlinejungjedi
starfleet
Male

Loc: headed towards the fronti...
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: StickyWater]
    #5955096 - 08/11/06 09:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i like NOS

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: jungjedi]
    #5955350 - 08/11/06 11:43 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

this is what I do to calm myself:

Breathe in.... breathe out...

I tell myself "its all good... feel the good vibes... coast..... flow.... dance.... breathe.... smile..."

Think of yourself as a feather whirling about high in the sky, and know that there is absolutely nothing that will stop its flowing. You will come down nice and softly if you just flow with it.

Know that you are not sick, your body is not going to shut down, you're not going to have a heart attack, nobody is out to get you, and if they are, fuckin run.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #5956205 - 08/12/06 11:31 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Terence McKenna adressed that question once. What he said was to take too big of a dose, rather than too small of a dose. The reason being that you can still fight and resist a small dose, whereas you're just swept along with no chance to resist on a "heroic" dose.

Now, this seems counterintuitive, especially for those who like to have control over everything, but... it does make sense. Granted, this is one way of dealing with it, it may not work for all.

OfflineLion
Decadent Flower Magnate
Male User Gallery

Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: ShroomScape]
    #5956233 - 08/12/06 11:48 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ShroomScape said:
Terence McKenna adressed that question once. What he said was to take too big of a dose, rather than too small of a dose. The reason being that you can still fight and resist a small dose, whereas you're just swept along with no chance to resist on a "heroic" dose.

Now, this seems counterintuitive, especially for those who like to have control over everything, but... it does make sense. Granted, this is one way of dealing with it, it may not work for all.

McKenna also gave some other good advice: if you get into a 'bad place' in your trip, or if you're feeling anxious, try singing, or just closing your eyes and doing some deep breathing.

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was going to say "smoke pot" but it seems like that didn't really work for you.  :tongue:

The most important thing is to give yourself over wholly to the mushrooms.  McKenna suggests vocalizing aloud something along the lines of, "I am now completely under your control.  Please be merciful."

--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

OfflinePithlit
Stranger in astrange Land
Male

Loc: Germany
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: Lion]
    #5956239 - 08/12/06 11:52 AM (17 years, 7 months ago)

I usually use a fluffy pillow to calm any anxiety shoudl it come up.
I cuddle with it, speak to it and admire its color and texture.
I smell and taste it and try to give myself completly to these calm feelings.
Of course you can use people for this, too but they might be offended :wink:
And its a plus for every trip to have a large fluffy pillow ready to bury your head in and making cooing noises :smile:

OfflineShroomScape
Sexplorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: ation
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: Lion]
    #5956281 - 08/12/06 12:07 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Right! Good call, I forgot about that.  :thumbup: Mckenna suggested sitting up-right with your back straight, so that you can breathe deeper more easily, and also singing. While not only enjoyable, singing also naturally rushes oxygen to the brain.

OfflineEquilibriuM
dream stalker

Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: ShroomScape]
    #5956458 - 08/12/06 01:00 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Ohm.

--------------------
HELP!!!!!!!!!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: EquilibriuM] * 1
    #5956928 - 08/12/06 04:09 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

i had a bad trip last night that I finally got control of after about 2 hours after dosing.

an infinite times (or so it seemed) I gave in to the trip and just "let go" so to speak, and they were blissful unexplainable moments. but then, after these seemingly fleeting moments i returned to the terror of "OMG I'M FUCKING DYING!! MY BRAIN IS RUPTURING!!!"

Then I went and laid down in my bed, turned on Tool's - Lateralus, and instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY it all stopped, there was a sense of calm and serenity and I had the most beautiful evening after that.

God damn, bad trips are horrifyling eye opening to say the absolute least.

A lot of these responses are hilarious though, because I was in this exact state last night,

"And its a plus for every trip to have a large fluffy pillow ready to bury your head in and making cooing noises"

^ I did that for like an hour last night hahaha...

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

InvisibleJackTackle
pinningmycologist

Loc: behind you
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: Syle]
    #5957214 - 08/12/06 06:16 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

a great thing to do is to slightly but noticably change the way you feel physically

it can be as easy as putting on/taking off a hat or sweatshirt

make some sort of change then concentrate on how much better you feel

also a change of setting works wonders, walk into another room or step outside and breathe the fresh air

--------------------
Stay Blue!

OfflineSyle
Kenai Sigh
 User Gallery

Loc: WA
Re: How to relax yourself, when you get really anxious about the trip? [Re: JackTackle]
    #5957219 - 08/12/06 06:19 PM (17 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

JackTackle said:
a great thing to do is to slightly but noticably change the way you feel physically

it can be as easy as putting on/taking off a hat or sweatshirt

make some sort of change then concentrate on how much better you feel

also a change of setting works wonders, walk into another room or step outside and breathe the fresh air

i agree, although, MUCH easier said than done.

--------------------
https://kenaisigh.bandcamp.com/ <- Just completed the 2021 RPM challenge for February - An EP in one month (5 songs or 20 minutes). Check it out!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies