Home | Community | Message Board

The Spore Depot
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineNexus555
Stranger
Wanting to try shrooms, few questions
    #4143894 - 05/06/05 09:42 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Hello guys, I want to try shrooms! I am experienced with alcohol and marijuana (which do not compare, obviously) and I have tried Salvia. With that being said I have a few questions.

There really isn't any severe schizophrenia past in my parents history but I admit my dads sister had schizophrenia. Both of my parents had a lot of siblings, and she was the only one messed up. I have a good touch with reality, I handle marijuana fine even if I smoke all night, I tried salvia and salvia+marijuana and have been mentally fine. I do suffer from a mild depression, however I control it well and I am not like crying all day or anything.

I was wondering if you think I would be fine on shrooms? I'd try it with my g/f and another couple, at my own house (or theres, very comfortable though), and the environment will be fine. The people I will trip with have tried every drug in the book and will know what to do in an emergency. Like I said before, I have a good grip on reality. I am never delusional, never have halluacinated, never wanted to kill myself, anything like that. Will I be fine if I try mushrooms (and I am extremely excited) ? Even if I have a bad trip, what are the odds I'll actually get screwed up for life with mental problems?

Well I thank you guys for reading this and filling me in, thanks and happy tripping!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: Nexus555]
    #4143932 - 05/06/05 09:55 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

you sound like a normal(sic) young chap!! you should be fine with shrooms... there is one thing you said however that worries me...

"i have a good grip on reality"...

its time to loosen that grip sir.

in fact it might be time to let go.

:heart:

youll be fine if you learn how to surrender... when you begin to trip, you will instinctively try to fight it, but remember... the sooner you let the mushrooms take hold, the better.

you may very well unlock sides of your personality youve never seen before, or even shatter apart what you think is your personality altogether... and believe me, its a beautiful good and wondrous occasion to find out whos really in charge!!!

happy trails, you will love them im sure, if you realize they exist to help/entertain/reveal/enchant you...

peace!

:heart:

Casil

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: Todcasil]
    #4144069 - 05/06/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I agree with them, having a strong grip on reality is infact a very bad thing if you want to trip. You have to be able to let go of "reality" (the reality you know as 'life') before you can experience "reality" (the actual, real universe, unscripted).
Schizophrenia shouldnt be a problem.
Depression, that is something to worry about. Even if it is mild. The reason you shouldnt use shrooms is because mild depression can turn into severe depression. and, worst case scenario, severe depression can turn into suicide (unless caused by a terminal illness, then the depression can be aleviated by psilocin).
Beig with experienced trippers can only help you while your tripping. If you come out of it and your sill freaked, then your fellow psychonauts can no longer help you.
Those are the facts, but if you want my personal opinion...
DO IT. Fuck the statistics and experiment, it was damn well worth it for me. but i dont have a personal history of mental disorder, even though my dad is manic depressive and bipolar, something that can be passed down a lot easier than schizophrenia. there is no evidence suggesting that schizophrenia is immediately genetic.
Hope that answered your question.

Offlinelemon_lw
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Rotation

Loc: That Way
Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4144075 - 05/06/05 10:44 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

just start with a low dose and work your way up and youll be fine.

--------------------
In the belly of the Leviathan, one can either despair and perish, or be cheerful and persevere.-Dean Koontz

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4144088 - 05/06/05 10:48 PM (12 years, 21 days ago)

By the way, it sounds like youve done alot of studying and are pretty well prepared for a trip.
GOOD.
Nothing can prepare you for a mushroom trip like preparing for a mushroom trip.
You may have to read that sentence (above) a few times for it to click, sorry.
But dont think you are all ready to trip. Shrooms are lik no other drug.
And like you said, "I am never delusional, never have halluacinated...", well, my friend, you will be soon...

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: lemon_lw]
    #4144717 - 05/07/05 02:46 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

lemon_lw said:
just start with a low dose and work your way up and youll be fine.

You also mentioned that you have mild-depression.

Just take it easy and it won't get any worse.  Also, after a good trip you'll feel AMAZING!  You'll want to hug everyone around you....  :laugh:  (what i'm saying is that your mild depression could disappear)

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Wanting to try shrooms, few questions [Re: Nexus555]
    #4145126 - 05/07/05 06:17 AM (12 years, 21 days ago)

I agree with the consensus.

It sounds like you've been doing your homework... which is good.

Start with a low dose 1-2g... then, even if it is a bad trip (unlikely), you won't be too far out!

I find people who can hold their pot, usually trip w/o trouble... and people who go crazy on weed, go crazier on shrooms.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience