Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Spawned horse manure has a dry bottom surface. A problem?
    #4143126 - 05/06/05 04:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I just checked on my spawned horse manure and noticed that the bottom of the container looks completely bone dry. I mean dry like hay looks dry. This particular container was spawned with 3 1/2 pint B+ BRF cakes. The others were spawned with 1 quart EQ WBS.

They were all spawned at the same time, share the same incubating TiT (3 small in 1 large), and have all colonized at about the same speed. The mycelium seems nice and moist on the top surface, but has nothing going on the bottom. I mean no growth or anything.

Does this pose a problem? At this point, if the mycelium doesn't grow any further, I'll have to case at some point. Don't you think?

Thanks for the help fellows. I tried to find this using the search, but lost interest after 30 minutes. Besides, I want to hear an opinion straight from the horses mouth (no pun intended).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSammy
Between the fold

Loc: you'll shoot yer eye out ...
Re: Spawned horse manure has a dry bottom surface. A problem? [Re: Wronguy]
    #4143181 - 05/06/05 04:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds like your 'shit' is heating up on the bottom. Why else would this be?? It's possible that your lid of that third one is cracked a bit more than the others?? Does it have more holes??

Check if your TiT's heater is right below the one that's drying out. I bet it's heating up the bottom of that sucker.. pushing the moisture to the top.

Sam

--------------------

I believe in the Golden Rule ? The Man with the Gold . . . Rules.
- Mr. T

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawned horse manure has a dry bottom surface. A problem? [Re: Sammy]
    #4143231 - 05/06/05 04:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Good point Sam. The heater is directly between that container and an adjacent container. If I switch them around now won't it be too late? I'm not sure if the mycelium will ever grow on the bottom now.

The rest of the container is fully colonized except for the bottom. Let's speculate for a second and say that all of the nutrients have been baked out of the bottom. I should be able to case now without fear of contaminates, as the top layer is fully colonized mycelium and the only area not colonized has no further nutrients.

What do you think about that theory?

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
    #4143350 - 05/06/05 04:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Does anyone else have an opinion on my last statements/questions?

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4143361 - 05/06/05 05:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The nutes havnt and wont be baked out. Things will still grow there, be it myc or contams. I'd definatly remove it from the heat though. Poo tubs must be carful not to overheat...they produce a good amount of heat by themselves and could be up in the 95+ range right on the bottom of the tub. I've found that cooling them a bit has let them start back up like normal, but its hard for me to say what sort of condition yours are in without seeing it. Dont even know that a picture would help so much...I'd definatly try and keep your bulk tubs at 77-80 degrees, no more or less (less if the tub is bigger, I'm talking for like 6-12 quart tubs). Good luck!

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

Offlinescatmanrav
Brainy Smurf

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #4143365 - 05/06/05 05:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Wronguy said:
Does anyone else have an opinion on my last statements/questions?

Patience young grasshopper :smile:

--------------------
"life is like a drop of rain getting closer and closer to falling into a lake, and then when you hit the lake there is no more rain drop, only the lake."

Growing with bags, start to finish (including my new grain and substrate prep)
Anyone looking to start bulk tubs/mono tubs/shotgun hybrids? Good tubs to use..
How I do grain (old still good tips)
Turn your closet into a fruiting chamber
Casing layer colonization and overlay

OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spawned horse manure has a dry bottom surface. A problem? [Re: scatmanrav]
    #4143370 - 05/06/05 05:02 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You da man Scatmanrav!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4143469 - 05/06/05 05:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

scatman is always the man , he ,agar, diver, prisoner#1, anno, and roadkill are the men.
bluhoney and hippie chick are the women!
please dont heart stab me if if forgot someoen

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies