Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Cordless lighting
    #4143257 - 05/06/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I decided to move up from cakes and am planning a horse poo bulk grow but I want to be stealthy and my closet has no light socket or plugs.I know I can hook a PC fan up to a battery for air exchange but what about lighting? I cant have an electrical cord running into my closet or guests might ask questions I dont want to answer. I heard about people using leds for fruiting but I really want(need) to have battery powered light. any Ideas anyone?

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
Re: Cordless lighting [Re: ArcanePerception]
    #4143404 - 05/06/05 05:16 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

get a tap light from walmart and some batteries

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
Re: Cordless lighting [Re: goofy98]
    #4143587 - 05/06/05 06:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i tried using a small battery operated fluro light once. i had to replace the batteries every other day. :frown: im stealthy too. see if you can put some stuff near the closet door and run an extension cord into the closet behind the stuff. i have a book shelf next to the door. i have some boards behind the shelf i store there from a dresser i dont use. i move the boards a slight inch out to cover the wire a bit. helps keep my door closed 'cause the closet door doesnt close all the way anyway. so basically im able to cover any site of the cord. i was going to drill a hole through the wall behind the shelf and run a cord through but then i saw this way is better for me. if u do drill a hole be careful of any wiring behind the wall, if there is any there.

Edited by Shnezbit (05/06/05 06:20 PM)

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4144517 - 05/06/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You can get battery powered LED lights. I got mine at walmart, it took 3 AAA batteries. They don't heat up as much as a regular bulb flashlight, and the batteries last for longer as well. I used those 15 minute rechargable batteries in mine and just left it on during the day, turned it off when I went to bed and back on in the morning. I had to re-charge them once every 4-5 days.

OfflineArcanePerception
The only rule isthe golden rule
 User Gallery

Re: Cordless lighting [Re: kratomboy]
    #4144960 - 05/07/05 02:10 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thx Kratomboy sounds like what I am looking for could you give me a brand name for those LED lights Walmart is an easy place to get to Also do you think 1 light will be enough 1'x 2' area

--------------------
Oh, welcome to this world of fools
Of pink champagne and swimming pools

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4146783 - 05/07/05 01:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ArcanePerception said:
Thx Kratomboy sounds like what I am looking for could you give me a brand name for those LED lights Walmart is an easy place to get to Also do you think 1 light will be enough 1'x 2' area

The one I have says "Garrity" on the side. From what I understand, mushrooms don't need a whole lot of light. Just enough to signal the myc that it's reached the surface and it's time to pin. The Garrity light I have is pretty bright for a LED though. It's only got one diode but it runs on 3 AAA batteries. My terrium was about the same size as yours and it seemed to work just fine. I just sat it in a small cup pointing upwards so the light would bounce off the lid. Make sure the one you get is somewhat waterproof as it will get water condensing on it from the RH in the terrium. Good luck!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract