Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
suggestion - apologies if it's been made already...
    #4143106 - 05/06/05 05:58 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

...but i notice the Shroomery archives don't seem to have a section for archived discussions from this bit of the forum.
Now, it's not through arrogance that i'm suggesting this - in fact, i reckon, the longer a particular point of view/theory is available for others to look at, the more likely is that someone will find a way to pull it apart.
And i understand that, at least for most of us participating on this bit of the forums, the best bit is in actually taking part in threads.  BUT, i think it would be very useful to have, at least say "only the threads that go past 5 pages and aren't spam" or something, archived for those of us who would like to read some peoples' perspectives even without being able to directly interact in the discussion.  After all, people today discuss philosophers who died hundreds, even thousands, of years ago, so it's not like they can come and take part directly when people start talking about the things they recorded for future reference.
And i mentioned spam, i'm not sure how many of you are computer "savvy", although you are all above "average" in that you're able to register and post on a message board, which believe it or not the "average" person out there doesn't seem able to do, IME.  But i have to say, this is the ONLY discussion board i've been on where there's been literally NO spam.  Not a whiff of that crap.  Not one.  Excluding the tiny forums i've seen one or two of where they only have a few members.  As in less than 100
Anyway, hah, maybe all this wierdness freaks the spammers out a little too much.  or maybe they realise the numebr of members here that would see through that shit is significantly higher than most other forums out there.
Oops, i've gone off at a tangent yet again... :crazy:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: suggestion - apologies if it's been made already... [Re: newjon]
    #4143141 - 05/06/05 06:08 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology