Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
US Federal ID Card
    #4142632 - 05/06/05 04:11 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html?tag=nefd.lede

Quote:

What's all the fuss with the Real ID Act about?
President Bush is expected to sign an $82 billion military spending bill soon that will, in part, create electronically readable, federally approved ID cards for Americans. The House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved the package--which includes the Real ID Act--on Thursday.

What does that mean for me?
Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane, open a bank account, collect Social Security payments, or take advantage of nearly any government service. Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards.

Fuck that.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: cb9fl]
    #4142875 - 05/06/05 05:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Next they'll be sending dissenters to concentratiob camps.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4142890 - 05/06/05 05:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
Fuck that.

:thumbup:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #4143082 - 05/06/05 05:52 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

cb9fl said:
http://news.com.com/FAQ+How+Real+ID+will+affect+you/2100-1028_3-5697111.html?tag=nefd.lede

Quote:

President Bush is expected to sign an $82 billion military spending bill soon that will, in part, create electronically readable, federally approved ID cards for Americans. The House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved the package--which includes the Real ID Act--on Thursday.
Comments in bold are copyright zappaisgod
Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane ( currently you need a drivers license, try getting on a plane without one, unless you're 15 years old), open a bank account, collect Social Security payments ( for as long as I've been opening bank accounts you have needed ID, SS# and/or employer ID to open it and positive ID to get your money out unless the teller knows you personally. Soc Sec payments? Well yeah shouldn't you have to prove that you are the rightful recipient?) , or take advantage of nearly any government service (Would you have the government just throw money out the window and let whoever is standing there get it) . Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards.Some will, some won't, so what?

Fuck that.

Just what is it that you object to? That you'll have to redo your license? That the government is trying to make sure that only people who they intend to get benefits get them? (Notice I didn't say deserve). And banks have required positive ID and Soc Sec or Emp ID numbers for decades?

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
Shilling for Zion
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4143087 - 05/06/05 05:53 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Sure...why don't we just give them DNA samples as well.  :smirk:

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4143146 - 05/06/05 06:09 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Long lines :tongue:.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

OfflineAaronEvil
The GuitarVillain
Male

Loc: California
    #4144086 - 05/06/05 10:47 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

You know, I had an ethical discussion about this in one of my classes a while back. Im actually not opposed to the idea only because its taking everything we already need and putting it on one card. Rather than needing a drivers lisence, SS number, and other things, you just whip out a card and you are good to go. It almost seems like a credit card. Now, what I dont agree with is the talk about people wanting it to also include fingerprints, and DNA samples. Those were discussed to be on the cards a while back by people supporting the cards. The biggest problem I see with the cards is that identity theft would be a lot easier because you have all the information you need on one card.

--------------------

There is not a lot of difference between a fox hole and a grave; but knowing that you dug your ditch and climbed in anyway.

OfflineCyber
Ash
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Yeti Sports

Loc: Dearborn Michigan
    #4144305 - 05/07/05 12:04 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

zappaisgod said:
Quote:

cb9fl said:

Quote:

Comments in bold are copyright zappaisgod
Starting three years from now, if you live or work in the United States, you'll need a federally approved ID card to travel on an airplane  ( currently you need a drivers license, try getting on a plane without one, unless you're 15 years old),  open a bank account, collect Social Security payments  (  for as long as I've been opening bank accounts you have needed ID, SS# and/or employer ID to open it and positive ID to get your money out unless the teller knows you personally.  Soc Sec payments?  Well yeah shouldn't you have to prove that you are the rightful recipient?)  , or take advantage of nearly any government service    (Would you have the government just throw money out the window and let whoever is standing there get it)  . Practically speaking, your driver's license likely will have to be reissued to meet federal standards.Some will, some won't, so what?

Fuck that.

Just what is it that you object to?  That you'll have to redo your license?  That the government is trying to make sure that only people who they intend to get benefits get them? (Notice I didn't say deserve).  And banks have required positive ID and Soc Sec or Emp ID numbers for decades?

I object to the government nosing into my business! But to make a point, You do not need a drivers license to get on a plane, or open a bank account. You do not need a social security card to open a bank account. There are laws that prohibit the government from using the social security card as a form of ID. I am aware that they ignore them most of the time but the law is there.

As it stands, I only need a birth certificate and a tax ID number. Social Security is a voluntary program, drivers licenses and state ID's are voluntary programs. Because they are voluntary programs they can get away with things that would not be allowed if they were mandatory.

Social Security is Voluntary! (See EEOC v. Information Systems Consulting http://www.cjmciver.org/fed/eeocisc.shtml)

The other side of the coin is that I can get a state ID from any state, Use a birth certificate, or use a passport, Each is a different system with different rules. Each has different requirements for the federal thugs before they can pull information from it. It makes it harder for the government to pull the information and ID my actions, otherwise I would be labeled a terrorist, I own 100's of guns, 1000's of rounds of ammo, I have the chemicals and equipment to produce explosives, biological weapons, and chemical weapons. I would be a prime suspect even though I am not a terrorist.

Think about it, The stuff you use to grow mushrooms can also be used to develop biological weapons!

Now I am going to put my tinfoil hat away  :shiftyeyes:

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: AaronEvil]
    #4144375 - 05/07/05 12:32 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

It'll suck even more when you lose it...

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: Cyber]
    #4144672 - 05/07/05 02:31 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Cyber said:
Social Security is Voluntary! (See EEOC v. Information Systems Consulting http://www.cjmciver.org/fed/eeocisc.shtml)

The link is dead. Can you provide us with a link that will give us information on how to opt out of social security legally? I sure as hell would love to do that.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Offlineunbeliever
Yo Daddy!
 User Gallery
Loc: Gallifrey
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: z@z.com]
    #4144737 - 05/07/05 02:52 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Well hell, as long as the trains are running on time...

--------------------
Happiness is a warm gun...

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: z@z.com]
    #4145608 - 05/07/05 12:25 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

z@z.com said:
Quote:

Cyber said:

The link is dead. Can you provide us with a link that will give us information on how to opt out of social security legally? I sure as hell would love to do that.

Remove the ")" at the end of the link for it to work.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: US Federal ID Card [Re: Cyber]
    #4146935 - 05/07/05 04:12 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

They already have their noses firmly in your business.  This is in my mind a tempest in a teacup and if it helps to curtail the activities of illegal inhabitants then I see it as a good thing. 

I'll be very interested to see your recipe for turning vermiculite, rice flour and water into a bio weapon.  Unless you think the shrooms themselves are bio weapons. :cool:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

General Interest >> Political Discussion