Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Paul Stamets, Peat, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaussishroomhead
enthusiast
Indoor cultivation of P.Subagaurosa
    #413980 - 10/04/01 07:56 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all..
A while back I was collecting huge amounts of the Subs from parks and the local forest, I had taken dozens of scans of my finds and a month ago my computer fucked up and I had to re-format the hard drive, so I lost all my pics. But i havent given up, so a week ago I decided to try and grow or atleast cultivate the mycelium inside tuppaware containers.
I went to my mushroom patches in the bush,golfcoarse and collected as much mycelium as possible with out raping the site of its autumn beauty. I know 99% that I had collected the right stuff cause it smelt exactly like shrooms, so I bagged it and took it home.
I cooned a tuppaware container from me mum and half filled it with damp peat moss, then I sprinkled a (sterilized) layer of fern mulch (like what they were growing in) on top of that, followed by the neatly tesselated strips of bark that the mycelium had covered. I then gave it a sprinkle of h2o and sealed it. I then let it sit on top of my fishtank light cause mycelium grows the quickest when it is heated to 24-27 degrees celcius.
I monitored it everyday and spent ages picking out molds and cleaning it up,then i forgot about it for a few days until today when I checked it out I noticed the mycelium was fluffy and was branching out covering the middle layer, it smelt exactly like Psilocybe, and even better it seems I have conquered the mold problem, now I got to conquer the fruiting and the little bugs that will hatch when the time is right.
My plan for fruiting this strain (indoors) is going to be 60% unlikely because I dont think I could keep monitoring the temp that has to be around 16-19 degrees C. My plan is to spread the fully colinized material onto a shallow tray, lightly covered with sterilised wood shavings. The tray will be placed in a empty fish tank under the house, a cool light will be hung directly above and I will use either dry ice or normal ice from our ice maker to keep the temp around 17*C.
I plan to carry on wiht this experiment until I fail\succeed if I dont fruit em Ill cultivate more and make a huge mushroom patch in the garden.
PS . Ive noticed some very slight blueing rection where I have touched it, or my eyes are going on me now... :)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisible40oz
 User Gallery

Loc: Sandy Eggo. Ca.
Re: Indoor cultivation of P.Subagaurosa [Re: aussishroomhead]
    #413990 - 10/04/01 08:08 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

you described a very interesting project, something id like to see in a pic....got a few?

~fortyounces2freedom~ & ~disconnectedhaze~

get all your supplies AND spores at a discount price!!! CLICK HERE!!!

--------------------
:pacman: - - - -  :pill: :mushroom2: :pill2: :mushroom2: :regularshroom: :mushroomgrow: :pill: :pill2: :mushroom2: :poison:

:sun::heart::sun:

tiny_rabid_birds said:
"your avatar is dirty."

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Indoor cultivation of P.Subagaurosa [Re: aussishroomhead]
    #414406 - 10/05/01 02:52 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Cool! I have actually pinned a couple of Psilocybe Subaeruginosa and Ps.Australiana by transferring mycelium into my garden mulch areas, but they all abhorted :-( Ive also germinated local Australiana on a mulch/verm mix and it colonised for a while before some fluffy white crap overran it... There is a guy who has flourishing agar cultures of prints i have sent him of Ps. Australiana, Subaeruginosa and Ps.Cyanescens and also an unknown aussie native and im hoping that maybe we can isolate a more fruit-friendly strain or something :-)
Keep up the great work - Cubies just dont compare to those aussie natives of the autumn

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: Indoor cultivation of P.Subagaurosa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #414413 - 10/05/01 02:56 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I forgot to add that Jalien has colonised 100% bits of wet paper with Ps. Subaeruginosa - i think they need near freezing temps to initiate pinning...:-) And Stamets rates Subaeruginosa as moderate to HIGHLY potent

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Offlineaussishroomhead
enthusiast
Re: Indoor cultivation of P.Subagaurosa [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #414669 - 10/05/01 11:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

A friend of mine that I used to go hunting with, said that he had his mushrooms pin and then abort in his back yard.
Im getting me digi cam fixed so I can keep u up to date.
Anyways me parent hae gone to sleep so Im off to smoke herb and whatch Foxtel.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Agar, Paul Stamets, Peat, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology