Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShroom_man
Stranger
Loc: Canada, New Brunswick
Outdoor cubensis growing, in northen New Brunswick (Canada)
    #4067959 - 04/18/05 05:54 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

First off in my area New Brunswick, Canada, Basicaly the same climate as it is around the border of Main. When can I inculate an outdoor bed? yesterday it was +20*c during the day and +5*c overnight. Is is ok to make/inculate some outdoor patches as long as the temp is above 0 at all times, and hits 15*c-20*c in the day? Or should I wait until May. To better give you an idea of what climate I live in, let me put it this way, I live in the Libirty Cap region. Also is there any good techs. out there, I've searched but all I Can find is info on growing Pan. Cyanenses (sp) and Plylocybe auzerizes (sp) outdoors, nothing about growing Cubies outdoors.

Thanks

--------------------
I have now aquired 5 differen't P. Cubensis varities.

--Cambodean-- (vendor checked out and is well knowen by many here and at other fourms)

--Mexi-Cub-- (Again Vendor is well knowen)
--Thiland Pink Bufflo-- (vendor is well knowen)
--Hawiian Strain
--Origional PF-tech strain

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehawksapprentice
Yearns to Snowboard
 User Gallery

Loc: Oregon
Re: Outdoor cubensis growing, in northen New Brunswick (Canada) [Re: Shroom_man]
    #4068022 - 04/18/05 07:02 AM (19 years, 3 days ago)

Id say youd be jumping the gun a little bit by doing it now. Im pretty sure cub. mycellium will not survive that low of a temp, i had a culture in a fridge that went down to 36 degrees and it killed it. I dont have alot of outdoor experience though.

--------------------
"I celebrate the Earth, my home, my mother, my grave, and as long as men are Man they must, if they would preserve the integrated being, do the same---[and preserve]--this rank casual hungry smelly sweaty lusting transitory body, my oozy pulpy liquid-bag-swollen body, bones, blood, hair glands, my bejeweled sex; I love and celebrate it all.  never to let men forget that they are animals as much as gods---that is one thing I shall say."

Edward Abbey

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Outdoor cubensis growing (Canada) [Re: hawksapprentice]
    #4139789 - 05/05/05 09:29 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If you had a bed with wood-chips in it and used a straw patch outdoor tech on top of that, would the mushrooms be able to use the wood-chips also for food? (cedar wood chips.)
I've have read before about them being able to colonize on cedar shavings, this is just an easy way for me to dispose of some old cedar ships.  :tongue:

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinekadakuda
The Great"Green".......East
 User Gallery

Loc: Asia
Re: Outdoor cubensis growing (Canada) [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4140003 - 05/05/05 10:31 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

if they could colonize cedar (i dont know) i would be realyl worried about eating them. are they realyl old chips or fresh? i wouldnt want to think what could happen to you if you ingested cedar and turned out to be allergic (as many are).

but maybe those toxins arnt absorbed by the mush?

--------------------
The seeds you won't sow are the plants you dont grow.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract