Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleJettaJay
PsychedelicStranger
 User Gallery

Not sure what to name post
    #4139676 - 05/05/05 10:58 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I feel myself slipping deeper and deeper into depression. Not really sure why. I just hate myself anymore for some reason. I used to not like to be depressed. It's not that I like it now but I don't even care that I am. It's starting to effect my job. People are noticing more and more that I am not in my normal Happy Go Lucky mood. I find myself cutting myself more and more. I'm not even scared that I may cut to deep anymore. I try to go deeper and deeper each time. Hoping that maybe I'll hit the right vein. I used to think it was my drugs of choice but I'm not even doing any right now. I used to listen to The Grateful Dead (Live) when I was down. I can't even make myself happy by hearing them now and this makes me even more sad. Music is my one escape. Well I should say it used to be my one escape or maybe refuge is a better word to use. I don't even listen to much music anymore. I try to fill my life with happy things and surround myself with happy people. I just find myself staying in my room in the bed all the time when I'm not working. I try to take walks and exercise but cannot find the energy. I don't know whats wrong with me. I used to have a want or atleast a reason I could think of to live, not anymore. I just really wanna die.

Sorry Guys I just needed to vent. It still didn't make me feel any better. I don't mean to be a pest I am sorry if I have been. Thanks for reading.

--------------------
I saw a little green light buzzing around in a tree, and it dawned on me that "they" were here
~~~LouiseLouise

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: JettaJay]
    #4139756 - 05/05/05 11:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Cutting = teh half assed masochistic approach... get a gun if anythinng...

Joking aside.

Cutting yourself, nor your issues does not solve anything. Confront your issues. Seems to me that you're just overly bored with life, lacking motivaiton to do anything, and in a more nihilistic phase that is depression.

What can I say?

STOP DOING THAT! Simply put, everything that you're doing isn't doing anything for you, it's not a solution to anything, nor has it been a solution to anyone in the past. Theirs no reason to hate yourself... their no reason to cut yourself. Their is reason to be bored with life... as life is relatively boring, perhaps find out why you're bored (a hell of a lot harder then it sounds I know), and why you lost motivation. Additionally the fact that you're not on your choice drugs could be part of the issue, however its more then likely just a factor in the situation.

Ask yourself some simple questions regarding your state, or answer these;

-Why don't you have motivation?
-Why don't you like yourself?
-Why FFS are you cutting yourself, what do you hope to solve by doing it?
-What are you doing in your freetime?
-What makes life so bad that you wanna die?
-What drugs are/were you doing?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4139771 - 05/05/05 11:23 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Man, you're in a really bad place right now....I've been there many times. Don't give up hope, things will get better...they always do, just give it time. Cutting yourself is not the answer, it only makes things worse. I've never done that before, but I have binged heavily during these periods....same concept different method. Speaking from experience I have to say that I think things will get worse before they get better....you're probably going spiral downward until you hit rock bottom....then you will eventually be back to your normal self, it may take a lot of work, a lot of soul searching, things may just do a 180 on you.....whichever way it happens it WILL happen. Once you're back on you feet you'll be glad you didn't end it all. Trust me brother, as I said, I speak from experience. One more thing, you've got a lot of friends here, never forget that..a lot of people love you man, we're here for you.  :hug: :heart: :sun: :peace:

--------------------

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4140059 - 05/06/05 12:43 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Just read "Your Erroneous Zones"

It's a great book.

Oh and don't kill yourself. That's key.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #4140368 - 05/06/05 02:04 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I feel for you. I've been there and done that. Perhaps some sort of counseling (and possibly medication for the short term) is in order. I've said it before, but there's no shame in getting some help if things are overwhelming....

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: freddurgan]
    #4140455 - 05/06/05 02:35 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

First, let some good friends know. Maybe sometime soon in the future, this condition will get worse. You need to have some friends who will help you. Do not approach it with humor, approach it honestly. Tell them you are feeling very suicidal and need them to help look out for you a lot more then normal while you are going through this. It will be hard to tell them, but you need their support, and you will feel a lot better after you tell a good friend and they can offer you support.

Second, seriously contemplating suicide is considered a serious medical emergency that demands immediate medical attention. Keep this in mind. If there was a problem in your appendix where a chemical imbalance was putting you at imminent risk of death, you would go to a hospital. Likewise, that you brain is fucked up right now is putting you at imminent risk of death. Get help.

Look, man. You don't want to die. If you did, you'd already be dead. Realizing this is your first step. Now, you need to realize that cutting is a way of dealing with emotional pain. You have got to find better ways of addressing this pain. You are hurting. Let your friends ease your burden. When you say you want to die, what you mean is you want to be rid of the pain. Because you don't see any other way of dealing with the pain, you think dying is the only way to be rid of it. So, you jump from, I want to be rid of this emotional pain, to I want to die. This is not logical, though. There are ways you can be rid of your pain without dying, if you are willing to let your friends help you face it.

I want you to get on soulseek shroomery room and let me send you a song you should listen to. I want to talk to you more in private chat as well. It's by a guy who was having a suicidal breakdown. He wrote it for the friends who he says saved his life. Hearing it might help you. Please listen. It's called 1 of 4. When I was on the verge of suicide, it helped me to hear.

Please promise us you won't kill yourself at least until you've talked things through a lot more. Promise us you will be alive next week. I mean it. After you make this promise, you will feel better, because you will have a reason to live for a while, until you can find your own reasons.

To the other shroomerites. You are going to contribute to someones suicide if you don't take them very seriously when they talk about it. Jokes are rarely appropiate. Psychoactive, those questions are not the things he needs to be thinking about. He needs to do less thinking, and allow himself to feel whatever is hurting him, so he can get over it. Please don't turn this into a fight between me and you, but you are not offering him good advice, at all. It doesn't matter at all what is causing the pain that is responsible for the suicidal feelings right now. It matters first of all to remove the immediate risk of suicide. Only then can he begin working on what is wrong with him, with help from people who love him.

Promise us you won't kill yourself, man.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Edited by tomk (05/06/05 02:38 AM)

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: tomk]
    #4140482 - 05/06/05 02:48 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm sorry you're feeling pretty down. I've been in a bit of a funk lately as well. Sometimes you just have to open new doors and try totally different and new things. Sometimes when I get depressed I do something I would usually never do, like listen to some girly music or go to a musical, because it opens my mind to possibilities I wouldn't have considered. It feels good to know there is more to this life than what you have been feeling lately.

Life is hard, but there has to be a solution to our problems. Don't do anything rash under the influence of strong emotions. They pass.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #4140524 - 05/06/05 03:05 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Jettajay said:
I used to listen to The Grateful Dead (Live) when I was down. I can't even make myself happy by hearing them now and this makes me even more sad. Music is my one escape. Well I should say it used to be my one escape or maybe refuge is a better word to use. I don't even listen to much music anymore.

Then, listen to some music, and let yourself feel happy.

Jetta, how are you?

Most people who are sad, or depressed, hide from life and reject happiness. I promise, joy is all around you, if you decide to see it.

You aren't saying something. There's something you are still keeping to yourself.

What makes you feel so sad? If you are feeling down, you must know why... right? Why?

Thanks for posting in here. You should figure out in a hurry, there are a shitload of people here, who care about you and would be SICK if you did something harmful to yourslef.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4140537 - 05/06/05 03:09 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

:heart:

all my love sir.

all of it.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineBloodNOil
Captain Zeep
 User Gallery
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Todcasil]
    #4140573 - 05/06/05 03:25 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Todcasil said:

all my love sir.

all of it.

I send you all of tod's love too

--------------------
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #4140854 - 05/06/05 06:07 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

*sent you a PM.  :heart:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #4141537 - 05/06/05 11:34 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey brother... I know it seems like the end of the world and there's no looking up. Some of us have been in your situation before and know exactly what you may be going through. I know it's not easy man.. but you can't hurt yourself.. you aren't just hurting yourself.. you're hurting me.. and you're hurting your friends and loved ones. :frown:

Whatever it is man, things can and WILL get better. But you have to love YOURSELF first and foremost. You can't escape reality by surrounding yourself with happy people or escaping into drugs/music/whatever... yes these things can help... but the real change comes from within you. You cannot escape your problems, you have to face them with courage. I know it can be hard as fuck sometimes.. but listen to me brother.. you have to have courage. If not for us, for your family.. at least for yourself.

I care about you man, and I think I have a good idea of what you are going through. I've been in similar situations myself before.. everything seems hopeless and there's no way out. But there is a way out, and it's not suicide.. believe me.. that makes it much worse.

What you have to do is find the light in yourself. You have to tell yourself that you love yourself, and accept your actions and experiences and learn to grow from hard times. It's not easy to do sometimes, but it is worth the rewards my friend. Self-destruction is a path that I do not want to see you go down.. Of course in the end it is your decision.. after all, we all have free will. But man, there IS a light at the end of the tunnel, and I KNOW you can make it there.

Please don't hurt yourself anymore.. please find peace with yourself and self-love. What are you eating? Eat more raw fruits and vegetables and whole grains if you can. Please take care of yourself Jetta, you are a very good person and it would kill me to see you throw it away. Don't succumb to fear and helplessness.. you must be bold, you must have courage, you must LOVE.. YOURSELF.

Whatever it is.. you can overcome it, I have faith in you. If you need to talk.. about anything.. PM me anytime. I'm here for you in whatever capacity you need me to be. Be strong brother... it's worth it in the long haul.

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Shroomism]
    #4141967 - 05/06/05 01:10 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Life is a roller coaster, you go up and you go down.  You're just coming down from one of the peaks, wait it out and you'll go up another peak.  Just be patient. 

Harming yourself is the not the answer man.  Harming others through your own actions isn't the answer either.

Be happy you have the shroomery man.  we're all here for ya.

You wouldn't want to make the people in Shroomer feel bad would ya?  That should be enough of a reason right there.  :wink:

Read my sig and listen to the song.  That could help a little.

McKennaDMT

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #4143904 - 05/06/05 09:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I'm glad you decided to vent amongst friends JJ....

You know I'm here for you my brother

Please IM me  :heart:

So much love  :heart:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Ripple]
    #4143911 - 05/06/05 09:45 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

I know you have my aim addy .....Ripple58 :heart:

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflineBrAiN
Art Fag
 User Gallery
Loc: Chocolate City
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Ripple]
    #4144073 - 05/06/05 10:43 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Hey Jay...how old r u, 21?

hit me up sometime on aim: beachbulala

I've been there when I was younger.... but I know it gets tougher as you get older, man.

Life comes and goes in waves... there's ups and downs and when you're on both ends (either good or bad) you completely forget that this ride isn't totally flat...

Edited by BrAiN (05/06/05 10:45 PM)

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #4149458 - 05/08/05 09:03 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Usually my posts have 1.000s of words.
Don't think I don't have those for you but i think they would tire you too much.
Hard to concentrate when you're down.

Remember you got into this depression.
That means it is only temporary.
Don't die in a depression and for the love of -you- don't die in it.

There's no angels hugging you or sweet nothingness, just a tragic loss of life. Many of us are worried about you. Because we really care :heart:

I for one care. I would care for Jesus Christ and for Osama Bin Laden.. So why on earth wouldn't I care for a fellow Shroomerite in need?

:heart:There is love for you here on these forums :heart:

Put the knife away.
Cutting can't cut it anyway.
You need help.

Please know that we care.

Deep depression is simply a condition of the brain and in you it is temporary. You do need medical help though. If you don't have friends to surround you then let yourself be taken into psychiatric care for a while.

They won't keep you or lobotomize you: what you basically do is play cards, talk with some rather interesting and peculiar people and drink coffee waiting for the drugs to take hold in a week or two.
It's no big deal..

But you got to do it if the people around you fail to support you sufficiently. If you can, get a buddy to move in with you for a while while you get the medicine you need and the time it takes for them to take effect. You need a supportive enviroment.
Don't harm yourself and dont kill yourself.

For the Love, JJ, for the Love.
Remember its temporary and get help.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: Asante]
    #4149935 - 05/08/05 01:03 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

You know my screen name, gdmang1, hit my up bro, I hope you're feeling better, we all get depressed. You gotta keep your head up and look ahead.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: gdman]
    #4153745 - 05/09/05 04:57 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone heard from him since he posted this? Starting to get nervous here...

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: Not sure what to name post [Re: tomk]
    #4154078 - 05/09/05 06:15 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Guys, we have done all we can for JettaJay.  Unfortunately, the internet can sometimes leave us feeling helpless.  :frown:  If he's read this post, he knows that we're here to see him through this.  A lot of people will be grieved if he chooses to kill himself, but it is up to him now.  I hope he will seek out help in his daily life so that he can beat these rough times. 

I'm sending him good vibes.  :heart:  Stay with us man.

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being