Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisiblemarvoman
LIFE!!
    #4139406 - 05/05/05 07:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was at my own party and started going on to everybody about my view of life, i.e. that everyone are simply animals who are slightly more evovled than every other animal. Surprise suprise i was very unpopular (as you'd imagine I was very drunk), even with my girlfriend!
Basically I was saying how we are very arrogant to think we are better than any other species, and that the whole issue with illegal drugs (what started the conversation) was ridiculous in that we all have free will (apparently) to do what we like!

Basically what I'm saying is that people are very ignorant of the fact that we are just another species of animal who happen to be very arrogant!

Views please, I need help and backup here!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
Re: LIFE!! [Re: marvoman]
    #4139417 - 05/05/05 07:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

me smash things

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4139419 - 05/05/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i completely agree with you

and the whole christian thing that animals have no souls and dont go to heaven, only humans do, is insane

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: LIFE!! [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4139425 - 05/05/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

also that God created man in His image is insane....man created God in man's image

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #4139432 - 05/05/05 08:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

For hairless apes with a mutated nervous system...we sure do have grand views about ourselves :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #4139439 - 05/05/05 08:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think your basic ideas are correct. Try talking them over with people while your sober, so your mor coherent.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4139462 - 05/05/05 08:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In the infinite existence man is but a creature living in a rock its entire life, able to view things from only 3 dimensions and 5 senses out of the infinite amounts of what we apply to those words. What he doesn't realise is that he IS the infinite and all in it's existence... yet he stays in the rock and occasionally takes a glimpse.

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
    #4139476 - 05/05/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

let's not bring christianity into this, that's what s&p is for. I can really do without that train of thought for the night.

Who knows whats right or wrong, but it's hillarious that people take offense to this point of veiw. I think this is great.

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

#4139482 - 05/05/05 08:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:
also that God created man in His image is insane....man created God in man's image

Yup...i agree with that.

Even tho I dont think there is a "god" as in the bible, I do think that religion can be a good tool for people that have alot of problems and need something to lean on. Its so sad that most religions alienate people and force their beliefs on others.

I have just as many problems as the next person, but i work them out in truth...not with a man that was created by the minds of people.

I just think things are soooo much deeper then any of us know. I dont want to limit myself by just choosing one way of thinking for the rest of my life.

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Edited by Toddo (05/05/05 08:13 PM)

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: LIFE!! [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4139510 - 05/05/05 08:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

emptywisdom said:
let's not bring christianity into this, that's what s&p is for. I can really do without that train of thought for the night.

haha understandable

it was just a reflex because the only people who i know who ever really get all defensive about the animals topic are christians

--------------------

Offlinei_rage_against
Mwaa ha ha
Female User Gallery

Loc: a shithole in the northwe...
    #4139535 - 05/05/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Slipknot420 said:

--------------------
whoever told you that is your enemy.

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4139556 - 05/05/05 08:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think most people here will generally agree with you.

The human race has some how put themselves on a whole nother level from other living things. That we are some kind of super-race that was meant to be here and control everything around us. While in reality, we are no different from a cat, a fish, or even a tree. Just our intelligence and the fact that we can think freely and don't base our actions on instinct. Though there are plenty of animals that can also do this, but we still see ourselves as a higher form of life. We may be more intelligent, and better problem solvers, hell we might be better at just about everything, but that doesn't make us better beings then any other. As you grow up, you're constantly told to treat others like you would want to be treated, and to respect everyone because everyone is equal. Well we don't take that into consideration when dealing with anything but our own race. We take control of everything, control all the resources until they're gone and destroy anything and everything that gets in our way. Then we move on and do it again. The only other form of life that does such hideous things, is a virus. That's pretty much all we are. Highly intelligent, evolved viruses. We move to place to place sucking up everything we need to survive, then when there are no more resources, we move on. Instead of learning to live in harmony, and adapt to our surroundings, we take them over and suck them dry.

Maybe we aren't so intelligent after all, we're just too damn arrogant to see it. Just my 2 cents, most of that was just me rambling on and on, so sorry if it's not written to well :smirk:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: LIFE!! [Re: trendal]
    #4139703 - 05/05/05 09:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

trendal said:
For hairless apes with a mutated nervous system...we sure do have grand views about ourselves :smirk:

:lol: Right on!

--------------------

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: LIFE!! [Re: faslimy]
    #4139719 - 05/05/05 09:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
me smash things

:lol:

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: LIFE!! [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4140179 - 05/05/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yessir...you making much sense...maybe you talked to wrong animals?

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: LIFE!! [Re: faslimy]
    #4140184 - 05/05/05 11:09 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

faslimy said:
In the infinite existence man is but a creature living in a rock its entire life, able to view things from only 3 dimensions and 5 senses out of the infinite amounts of what we apply to those words. What he doesn't realise is that he IS the infinite and all in it's existence... yet he stays in the rock and occasionally takes a glimpse.

clever way to put it :smile:  we had almost this exact conversation tonight over some drinks, talking about how we are so huge, and yet so small, so highly developed, and yet so simple at the same time...you cant see molecules because theyre too small, too "far" away, and you can't see most stars for the same reason.  nor can we perceive more than 4 dimensions, whose to say there aren't 40 dimensions...

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: LIFE!! [Re: niCCa]
    #4140193 - 05/05/05 11:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah you're pretty much on the dot there. If you came up to me, we would have talked about that for at least 2 hours, maybe smoked some. It would have been awesome and I would consider you my friend now. I love when people think outside the box like that

<3 for you

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
    #4140218 - 05/05/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i talk some drunken shit like that, people don't get. i get into fights about politics and other issues w/ closed minded dicks.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: LIFE!! [Re: TODAY]
    #4140228 - 05/05/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

But the problem is, when you get pissed off about closed mindedness, it's your problem. Not theirs =(

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Invisiblemarvoman
Re: LIFE!! [Re: freddurgan]
    #4141497 - 05/06/05 09:25 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Cheers guys :smile:

Basically I have woken up with a bastard hangover and the knowledge that I had a drunken arguement (well not a full on arguement as such, post alcohol paronia makes it seem that way!) with friends and people I don't know, but hearing that there are lots of people out there with the same views and outlook on life has cheered me up no end!

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #4141564 - 05/06/05 09:42 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

reminds me of a particulalrly heavy shroom trip me and my wife took. somewhere in the peak we were contemplating the merits and differences of sanity vs insanity. a question came out of my mouth that seemed really heavy then and remains so now.

"why are you wearing clothes, monkey?"

besides the obvious benefits of protection from the elements the reasons points to some seriously insane behaviours.
I choose to believe that there was a mutiny... that the animals we are killed off the animals our ancestors were a very very long time ago.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: LIFE!! [Re: freddurgan]
    #4142108 - 05/06/05 11:49 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

freddurgan said:
But the problem is, when you get pissed off about closed mindedness, it's your problem. Not theirs =(

maybe i'm not open minded enough about closed minded people :rolleyes: :crazy2:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds