Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinexxsoultonesxx
fuc

has anyone ever tripped in the city?
    #4139205 - 05/05/05 08:55 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

like wandered around a major city trippin balls? how was your experience?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: xxsoultonesxx]
    #4139450 - 05/05/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've done it several times. I prefer nature... or in a city, the park... or the riverside, or the beach... but sometimes I enjoy dosing, taking the train, and walking to my destination.

Look both ways before crossing the street.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #4139490 - 05/05/05 10:08 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yea i wandered around chicago on new years trippin balls on lucy in the middle of the night

it was cool, the buildings and everything were awesome, but i was getting kinda bad vibes

we got lost and had to talk to some crazy crackhead to get back and he could barely even talk or speak a coherent sentence...i was reading his personality with the acid and there was something fucked up in his head....

but it was a cool experience, fun if you can handle being in public around a ton of people tripping....but it kinda sucks in the middle of the night cause cities can get scary then

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4139637 - 05/05/05 10:48 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I tripped in downtown Los Angeles at night time, rode the 36 story glass elevators in the bonaventure, then over to universal city walk, strange, wonderful times. I've also tripped in san francisco during the day, best trip of my life.

--------------------

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: Noviseer]
    #4139684 - 05/05/05 10:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i tripped up in san fran a few months ago. it was pretty fun my friends and i just walked around the city and talked. than we wandered around haight which was fun. all in all a good time. we had a sober friend drive us to different areas of the city and we would blaze and listen to music on the drive.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: LedHead]
    #4139774 - 05/05/05 11:25 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
i tripped up in san fran a few months ago.  it was pretty fun my friends and i just walked around the city and talked. than we wandered around haight which was fun. all in all a good time. we had a sober friend drive us to different areas of the city and we would blaze and listen to music on the drive.

how perfect is that!  I want to go back.  Even without a driver... san fran is great like that, compact and dynamic, you can just wander around on foot and not get bored. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: Noviseer]
    #4140172 - 05/06/05 01:07 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

horrible...was totally zonked when it hit...the cinema saved me

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #4141284 - 05/06/05 10:15 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've taken acid in New York City 8 times, and had a great time on every single trip. One time it was during a humongous blizzard that had shut down the city and we wandered around making snow angels all night. Another time I went to my favorite trippy-ass cafe for a cup of coffee and then walked around sparkling sidewalks that looked like galactic walkways. I've tripped on city rooftops, inside city dorm rooms with balconies, all over the city. I'm tripping in the city on Wednesday. If you're not comfortable in cities anyway, then maybe it's not such a good idea. But if you spend a lot of time in one and feel like you know it and it's a part of you, then go for it!

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #4142243 - 05/06/05 02:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I've walked around seattle tripping on mushrooms and 5meoAMT. On the mushrooms I thought it was great, but for some reason I had a lingering fear that they all "knew" (they bing the cars driving around, who really couldn't care less about me) and that if I smiled to wide I would have to deal with the cops. This sounds rediculous now but it was a major issue at the time, I could'nt let my permasmile get too wide, or else I was gonna be in for some trouble. The amt was just fucked up. no more can be said about that.

--------------------

OfflineMetasyn
one

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4142648 - 05/06/05 04:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Its a lot more volatile and unpredictable an environment I feel. More opportunities to go bad. Maybe in nature you'd get scared of a tree, but a tree isn't going to actually do anything to you. Adding so many other (non-tripping) people into the equation is risky. I like to stick to nature unless I'm taking a really light dose. (I've walked around Boston tripping many times, fortunately without problem)

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: Metasyn]
    #4143446 - 05/06/05 07:28 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Do it in milwaukee almost weekly. Lake michigan is unbelievably powerful.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

Offlineivxxscarface
Stranger
Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: Veter]
    #4143999 - 05/06/05 10:19 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i can tell you one thing tripping downtown las angeles isnt safe there are too many bums who wont think twice about rolling you and leaving your in the ditchesi think the best places are like rancho and maybe beverly hills cause they got lots of trees and nice ppl LOL

Offlinediscoabe
Stranger

Loc: Nevada
Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: ivxxscarface]
    #4147046 - 05/07/05 04:39 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Used to party in chicago a lot, I've tripped all over that town. I tripped up on the strip here once, and never again. It wasn't the huge number of people, it was just that all those people were drunk, drunks and trips don't go together.

Offlinevescudero0
ay ay aaaaay

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: discoabe]
    #4147712 - 05/07/05 06:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

theres nothing like tripping in nature,,, its the best
the best places ive tripped here in chile, is for the full moon fests, every full moon friends play psy trance next to the ocean and everything. very nice experince and very good vibes, " the best -"
ive nver tripped in the city, ajaj, but theres always a first time, as long as you can control yourself, its all good..

--------------------
live & enjooooooooooooooooy

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
    #4148916 - 05/08/05 02:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Veter said:

milwaukee is the only city i have tripped in. good times and the lake is popwerful i was there in december when the lake was starting to freeze.... but it had thawed and there were all of these little ice burgs hitting eachother along the shore when the waves hit,...

i was in front of the art institute i think..,... small dose, good times. walked into a bar and saw a good dj, dan efx after that :blush:)

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4151219 - 05/08/05 10:15 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

If you know Milwaukee, they just had the kite festival in Veterans Park? Well, last year I had just moved here and didnt know much about the city, and me and my gf at the time split an eigth and took the bus down there. Lo and behold, we get off the bus and theres a HUGE like, 100 foot long dragon floating in the sky.

That was an awesome trip. Lying on the beach watching all the kites down the shore and then watching the stars come out.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: ivxxscarface]
    #4152538 - 05/09/05 07:30 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ivxxscarface said:
i can tell you one thing tripping downtown las angeles isnt safe there are too many bums who wont think twice about rolling you and leaving your in the ditchesi think the best places are like rancho and maybe beverly hills cause they got lots of trees and nice ppl LOL

I work nights delivering food around downtown LA, I guarantee you if you know what you're doing and you know where to avoid, its not as bad as you think. The homeless people there aren't too violent, they're just hungry and some of em are fiending. But after a solid year of working nights on foot in the core of downtown, I haven't even been threatened, let alone attacked. I do carry pepper spray though, thank god i've never had to use it.

beverly hills has nice people?! have you been there? lol just messin with you, really though they're such snobs, WAY worse than bums.

--------------------

Invisiblecubed
Stranger

#4152747 - 05/09/05 10:33 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Brilliant - just make sure you have enough dough to stop, sit and buy some beer etc when the need hits (especially if its too cold/wet to hit the park)

--------------------
booohooohoooohoooo

OfflinePowerTrip
Polypharmaceutical Shaman
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The void
    #4158250 - 05/10/05 05:59 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

My very first acid trip took place in Detroit. Myself and three of my friends all took it at a rave (condemned building with a generator to run some speakers and turntables). We end up leaving the rave eventually and spent most of the night driving through Detroit looking for weed. At one point a homeless guy approaches my car and is holding up a baggie with something in it. Keep in mind I was tripping balls, but I looked at the bag and all I saw in it were strings or shoe laces covered in dirt. I was freaked out by the guy so I rolled up the window and told my friend to drive. We got pulled over by a cop some time shortly after that. The cop was a black guy and he pulled us over just because we were four white kids driving around Detroit at 4am. He asked what we were doing and we replied "just driving around." He said something back like "This ain't no place to be just driving around. You'll get raped and murdered here." He let us go without a ticket though.

Overall I would say the trip felt pretty negative. It was a unique experience but I think I would have had a much better time in a more comfortable setting.

--------------------
I spit reality, instead of what you usually learn
and I refuse to be concerned with condescending advice
cause I'm the only motherfucker that can change my life

Offlineshogun221
God in the Wired

Re: has anyone ever tripped in the city? [Re: PowerTrip]
    #4160145 - 05/11/05 01:36 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The city is an interesting experience since there's just a lot to look at. In particular, the lights can be amazing.

Thing is, being in public puts a LOT of constraints on your behavior that you wouldn't otherwise have to deal with. Depending on how hard you're tripping acting normally can be difficult and uncomfortable. Oftentimes it can be VERY stressful. Unless you're accustomed to it, you could set yourself up for a bad trip.

I go to college around Pittsburgh, so I've done nearly all my tripping in an urban setting. Thing is, my school sits right next to a BIG park. Any time the people, traffic or cops buzzing around gets to be too much, we've always had the option of vanishing either into the park, or a friend's house. A place where you can rest without having eyes on you is VERY important.

--------------------
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. ~FDR"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience