Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
Beating that DAMN Cobweb
    #4137853 - 05/05/05 01:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Hey guys, my buddy keeps having cobweb problems, don't know if its the technique or where he lives or what. He tells me that he cases WBS with 70/30 verm+coir, he sterilizes his casing mix in a microwave (he is thinking about moving to a PC to be sure) and then gives it a good mist. He then covers it and incubates it for a few days, usually within a day or two of taking the tin foil off there is cobweb, and sometimes he can smell the cobweb in the incubation phase. I know that air exchange is the best way to combat cobweb, but isn't it impossible to give your casing air exchange while incubating, and doesn't it defeat the whole purpose of covering it in the first place (increased humidity + c02)? Should you cover your casings or what?

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Beating that DAMN Cobweb [Re: lemunhed]
    #4137917 - 05/05/05 01:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

if its a relatively small mpatch of cobweb then cover it in table salt and it will be gone the next day

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Druid Peak Pack.
    #4137953 - 05/05/05 01:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Better to prevent then to attack.

Cobweb comes when it is too moist and no airexchange.

Therefore, dont overwet your casing layer, and POKE HOLES (with a fork) in the foil you cover your casings with.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Beating that DAMN Cobweb [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4137959 - 05/05/05 01:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

true better to prevent but when u have it u have it and salt is the best way ive found

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

Re: Beating that DAMN Cobweb [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4137969 - 05/05/05 01:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

okokok :wink:

But he should poke some holes in that foil I have a feeling he forgets that.

--------------------

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Beating that DAMN Cobweb [Re: MushroomFriend]
    #4137976 - 05/05/05 02:01 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea i do remeber hearing air exchange works good too

--------------------

Offlinelemunhed
The hustler'shustler

Loc: Ur moms house
    #4137994 - 05/05/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So I should poke lots of holes in the tin foil... thats enough air exchange I don't have to make an effort to fan it or anything like that? And how moist is moist enough? I know in all the TEK's it says "until squeezing not that hard you can get a few drops of water out" but this is very unspecific...

--------------------
You're pompeius, aren't you? I'll make a pompeian of you unless you hold your toungue!

-Tiberius Claudius Nero

OfflineMushroomFriend
I smell a conspiracy!
Male User Gallery

#4137998 - 05/05/05 02:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i had it only once
in a "non poked" casing, which i made too wet

the books say the same, too wet and no air exchange is what cobweb likes.

--------------------

OfflineSoK
pimpin sincebeen pimpinsince beenpimpin since..

Loc: ohio river valley
    #4138692 - 05/05/05 04:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

lemunhed said:
So I should poke lots of holes in the tin foil... thats enough air exchange I don't have to make an effort to fan it or anything like that? And how moist is moist enough? I know in all the TEK's it says "until squeezing not that hard you can get a few drops of water out" but this is very unspecific...

1. just a few holes will suffice, your not going for air exchange just tryin to let any waste gases escape. fanning isn't needed during incubation, only fruiting
2. to test my casing material, i pick up a handfull and squeez. if more than a couple drops come out, it prob. on the too moist side, whereas you can actually see w/ your eyes when it is too dry (compared to field capacity hydration). GL and keep readin!!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix