Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
tripping just isn't what it used to be
    #4137459 - 05/05/05 01:54 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

I wish I could trip again like I did the first few times I ate mushrooms. Back in the beginning mushrooms would completely change my world. Trips were not good or bad, they were trips. They had their fun, amazing parts, and they had parts where I would curl up into a ball and say let it end. I would get caught in the occasional thought loop. It used to be such an intense experience.

Now, mushrooms are all good. I've tripped on shrooms 8 or 9 times, and the past 6 or so trips have not had one bad part to them. I've learned what mushrooms do to me. I've learned how to go with the flow, and because of that they seem to have lost some of their edge. I wish it could be a more unpredictable experience like it used to be.

Don't get me wrong, I still love mushrooms and tripping. Last night I tripped and wrote down what I was thinking about, and about life in general. It made me realize things likes mushrooms always do, but it just doesn't have the power that it used to.

Maybe I need to start taking higher doses. I usually eat an eighth. I ate 5 grams once and it still wasn't as strong as I wanted it to be. Should I start taking more? Are mushrooms ever going to be as intense and as crazy of an experience as they used to be? Or have I gotten most of what I can get out of them already? Should I move on and try something different, like san pedro? I would love to move on and try acid, but I just can't seem to find it.

Maybe I need to have a level 5 trip that would completely knock me on my ass. I've never had a level 5 before, I've had close to it on salvia though.

Any thoughts and comments are much appreciated. I know most of you have been doing this for longer than me, and probably have some good advice.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4137480 - 05/05/05 02:00 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Try a larger dose of more potent mushrooms. Theres a big diference between some imo.

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4137488 - 05/05/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

Wait as long as possible between trips. In what period of time did you trip 9 times?

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: Annom]
    #4137494 - 05/05/05 02:04 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

i've tripped 9 times in 13 months. my first trip was in the beginning of april last year.

i've also never went on a binge with mushrooms like some people do. i've heard of people tripping a few times in the course of a week, which i'm sure takes a lot out of it. i've always waited atleast 2 weeks between trips, usually a lot more than 2 weeks.

as for more potent mushrooms, i can only get what i get. i dont know any reliable mushroom dealers. every so often i get a call from someone who has shrooms, or someone who knows someone who has shrooms, and i pick them up and usually a little extra incase i can't find them later. i'm going to start growing next september, hopefully i'll be able to grow some more potent shrooms.

--------------------

Edited by nightkrawler (05/05/05 02:43 PM)

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4137651 - 05/05/05 02:46 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

You trip often.

Try waiting even longer, like say half a year or more.
Also eat more, just because five grams didn't put you down once doesn't mean it won't ever. Some mushrooms are weaker than others, and they are all incredibly variable. Let me tell you: You only think you know what it is mushrooms do to you. They will throw you for so many loops the more you do them, it is fucking funny. Just because you haven't been shown much on your recent journeys doesn't say much. There are many stages in spiritual development and not all of them are incredibly exciting like your first couple of mushroom trips. You say you have never had a level five yet you say you understand what the mushroom does to you? Level five is like looking out on the whole of existence and understanding how it all fits together and all time is now and every man is all men. Give it more time, 13 months is not a very long time to be tripping. The powerful spiritual experiences like a level five do not just come easily. Some people use psychedelic drugs for years and never achieve one, and it is not just dose dependent, IME. Everything has to come together right, the universe has to be in alignment. And when you begin the journey, it will feel like a familiar feeling, like you have been there before.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

OfflineSterile
mushroom lover
 User Gallery

Loc: under the Amanita
Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: mecreateme]
    #4137954 - 05/05/05 03:56 PM (12 years, 26 days ago)

:bow:

--------------------
The Source Of The Force
Is The Power Of The Mind

"if you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove." - timothy leary"
Anno: "-I can do anything with those clouds!"
Annos Tek

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: Sterile]
    #4146770 - 05/07/05 03:49 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

I used to eat shrooms every week for a year, and I know what you mean. If you take them expecting to trip like you usually do, that will happen. I found though, that I could keep it interesting by goin inside my head. Who cares about visuals and thoughtloops when you can close your eyes and travel through dimensions...

Don't just let the shrooms do all the work. Learn to manipulate your thoughts and you can take the trip where-ever you want.

I definitely suggest waiting longer between trips. I haven't tripped for 6 months now and am about to trip on wedsnesday, floating down a river on an inner-tube. I'm totally pumped about it because I've been waiting for SOOO LOOONNGGG! I've never had a nature trip before, so the change in set and setting will make it incredibly interesting, even after I've abused shrooms and tripped dozens and dozens of times.

IT'S ALL IN YOUR HEAD!!

InvisibleDark_Star
jizzing skull penis
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Kratmandu
    #4147352 - 05/07/05 05:27 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Wait a few months, concentrate on other things, then when the itch comes again eat a quarter or more.

--------------------

OfflineAeon01
Highwayman

Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4147595 - 05/07/05 06:15 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

i can totally relate to what mecreateme said.. like i remember the second time i tripped out, it was 2 months after i ate 30 shrooms after 24 hours of fasting and it completely blew my mind and enlightened me in the most undescribable way (i'm sure all of you understand).. but anyway the second time, about an hour after we ate them we were just talking like "when are the hallucinations going to kick in man?" and it was like we were just doing it to get "altered".. so i decided to go out in the garden and i just lost myself in my thoughts, and i started tripping out just realising how amazingly complex and wonderful life can be, and it got so deep..
you just have to learn how to take the effect to new levels yourself, shrooms can guide you through the most intense journeys if you're willing to open yourself to it..

--------------------
"You took too much man.. Too much.. Too much.."

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: dr0mni]
    #4147958 - 05/07/05 08:56 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

Thanks for the advice.

I guess I do trip kind of often, maybe I should limit myself to tripping once a season, 4 times a year. I'll hold off for a few months and do it sometime over the summer. I'll eat 1/4 and smoke some salvia with it, I'm sure that will put me back in my place.

I am learning to guide trips like you've mentioned dr00mi. When I trip by myself and can completely focus on my own trip instead of other peoples I can bring myself to trip harder by guiding my thoughts and all that, takes a lot of practice though.

--------------------

Offlineajna
Hunter
Male

Loc: Qld, AUS
    #4148318 - 05/07/05 11:05 PM (12 years, 24 days ago)

you can be sure that the more familiar you get with the mushroom world the less likely it is to shock you.

but having said that; almost everytime you think you got the mushroom pinned, it'll flip you inside out and you'll be right back where you started.

much luck, peace.

--------------------

what i'm listening to: http://www.audioscrobbler.com/user/ajnachakra/

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: ajna]
    #4152427 - 05/09/05 04:38 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

I would qustion eating 1/4 AND smoking salvia. Im sure if the 1/4 is worth near its weight it will "put you back in your place" or as far away as possible from it :wink:

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: Springs]
    #4153163 - 05/09/05 01:35 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

well of course the salvia would be on hand, but wouldn't be smoked unless i feel i could handle it. that's not something i could decide on until tripping.

--------------------

InvisibleSuperD
Cacti junky
 User Gallery

Loc: The bridgesii bridge
Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: dr0mni]
    #4153295 - 05/09/05 02:22 PM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

dr0mni said:
Don't just let the shrooms do all the work. Learn to manipulate your thoughts and you can take the trip where-ever you want.

sound advice from a great Dr.  :grin:  mushrooms are merely the catalyst for the opening up of your mind.  it's really up to the individual to complete the process through self control.  it's amazing what can be done once you learn how to use the mushrooms as a tool in this fashion

--------------------
:super:D
Manoa said:
I need to stop spending all my money on plants and take up a cheaper hobby, like heroin. :lol:

Looking for Rauhocereus riosaniensis seeds or live specimen(s), :pm: me if you have any for trade

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: tripping just isn't what it used to be [Re: SuperD]
    #4175535 - 05/14/05 07:04 PM (12 years, 17 days ago)

My friends and I have pretty much concluded that the most intense trips are the bad trips.

My only level 5 trip was with my bad trip, the most intense and crazy experience I've ever had.

But I'll just reiterate what everyone else has said.

try to get good/strong shrooms. 5g of one shroom from a certain batch can be equal to 2/3g of a different species from a different batch, it's very hard to know unless you hand-grow them yourself, and dose them yourself. So, like others have said, take more. And if you really want to be sure you take a good dose, grow them yourself =P

And I agree with what's being said, you have to guide your trips. The more control I've gained with each trip, the more enjoyable they've become. When I can guide my mind and make my trip do what I want, it gets better.

So, eat more, or grow more yourself, and make sure they're good. And try to psyche yourself up or make yourself do what you want to feel.

--------------------
So it goes.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop:   Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience