Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, DXM, Pink Floyd, Syrian Rue   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerandomdude123456
-
Male
Loc: -
I want a bad trip, am i crazy?
    #4137074 - 05/05/05 12:14 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Wow I'm definatly not used to having to submit a post twice, I just lost my essay so time to re-write  :mad2:. As I had already written I've tripped twice so far with intentions on continuing and experimenting. My first trip was with 20mg of 2ci orally. I had a great time but there were dark thoughts appearing now and then. I just surpressed them and continued with whatever I was doing. My second trip was off 1 hit of LSD on just plain blotter paper. I went for a walk outside and got pretty creeped out. I layed down to just observe the clouds and again dark thoughts entered my mind. I'm not sure what they were about but they definatly weren't happy. Next time I trip, whether it be mushrooms, 2ci, LSD I am planning on inducing a bad trip by myself to see what the experience is like and to learn about myself. Good idea? I consider myself a mentally stable person that can control my emotions but my resisting of negative thoughts makes me feel like I'm not enjoying the drugs to their full potiential, there is something else I could get out of them. I read the thumbprint thread by chinacat and wow I loved that thread, in fact, that's why I joined here. One day I hope to also take a thumbprint and feel the complete destruction or "trancending" of my ego. I feel as if theres something bad inside me and I want to find out what's causing this fear instead of just running away from it. What do you more experienced trippers think of my approach to this?

--------------------
just think about the future.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTMonk
PsychadelicStudent
 User Gallery

Loc: Humboldt State University
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: randomdude123456]
    #4137110 - 05/05/05 12:21 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You seem to be comfertable and knowledgable about yourself, so although things may get a little spooky or unpleasant, theres a difference between thinking those thoughts and having a bad trip.  To me, having a bad trip always implies that I am uncomfertable with myself and/or my surroundings, and fixate my thoughts on scary, unimportant and menial things like being cold, or worrying about the cops or some other bull.  Theres a difference between wanting to think those thoughts and ponder the darker side to things then just plain being scared.  If you're ready to learn from being spooked out and ready to embrace it, then it can be a good learning experience, albeit a little spooky.

Go ahead and think those thoughts and learn from them if you can without freaking out.  That's not having a bad trip, it's opening your mind to other possibilities.  That's good.  I can be quite fiendish at times and find myself underneath some crazy sharp bush thinking about crazy sharp things when im trippin balls.

But I like it  :crazy2:

--------------------
"Let me tell some one about this dream:
The sky was filled with stars,
while the sun,
kissed the mountains blue.
And eleven moons
ran across the rainbows
above me and you..."
-One Rainy Wish

Edited by TMonk (05/05/05 12:25 PM)

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: TMonk]
    #4137142 - 05/05/05 12:28 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

take an eighth of mushrooms, and don't try to invoke anything, just let the mushrooms take you where they will.  You'll get what you're looking for. :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinerandomdude123456
-
Male
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: TMonk]
    #4137153 - 05/05/05 12:29 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Very true, comfortable and spooky thoughts would be more of a learning experience meanwhile uncomfortable (me walking outside on LSD at 2am) could ruin a trip. I see where your coming from. If you've read chinacat's thread on the thumbprint he mentions when some guy who wasnt "ready" for the thumbprint took one and almost jumped onto the highway, lost control of his bodyly functions and started screaming that everybody was satan. Personally I couldn't imagine an experience that intense but I'd love to try it. I think I'm going to start dosing higher to begin tripping harder, let things get out of control like a +3 or +3.5 and see where my mind will lead me. It's fun and all being able to control a trip but for once I just want to just hitch a ride, anybody else feel the same way?

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #4137155 - 05/05/05 12:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hi!

How do you plan to induce a bad trip by yourself?

Try not to suppress your dark thoughts. Let it flow. Don't fight it. You might be fighting the reality change in some way. Your trip might change into a very good trip instead of a bad trip if you don't fight dark thoughts, but it could as well bring you a very bad trip. That is what you want, so no problems.

Are you stuck in thought loops?

I still have problems not to fight against the reality change and just let it go. I've never had a bad trip, but all my negative mental moments were in the come up where I had problems with the fast reality shift. The come up never is the best part of my trip, but I learned to make it enjoyable while I really didn't like it my first few trips. (<- with mushrooms)

Go with the flow!!! :smile:

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: Noviseer]
    #4137157 - 05/05/05 12:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
take an eighth of mushrooms, and don't try to invoke anything, just let the mushrooms take you where they will.  You'll get what you're looking for. :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: Annom]
    #4137486 - 05/05/05 02:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I've only tripped once so far, that was around 6-8 months ago, I loved the trip, didn't really get to have much fun with it because of the bad thoughts like Annom was mentioning, They weren't in the come up though. When i first threw up the bad thoughts started coming, i think i made myself panic or something like that, i had only ate 1/16 but had also smoked a fair amount of pot on the come up, as i hit the peak i was laying in my bed then just threw up, and then threw up another 3-4 times in the next hr or so then after that i dunno i just sat there, i felt strange but i don't really think i was tripping but not exactly sure. When i started puking thats where i had the negative thoughts that i couldn't let go, i tried blocking them out and thinking of happy stuff but it wouldn't happen. While i was in the bathroom i had some decently crazy perspective changes, looked like i had really thick yellow arms like homer when i was huddled over the toilet. But besides that the negative thoughts just sorta ruined it for me, i'm not even sure what they were, IIRC it was things like feeling like i was dying, i'll never come out of the trip type thing, which was just probobly anxiety.

Any opinions? I really want to trip again sometime and i'm just afraid sorta that those thoughts are just gonna lead me astray from where i want to be......In a good mindframe.

Offlinerandomdude123456
-
Male
    #4137493 - 05/05/05 02:04 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Yea thats what I'm going to try from now on, I feel as if when I'm fighting the substance I'm also weaking its effects and its lesson it has to teach, next time (I believe tommorow, for prom :smile:) I'm just going to go with the flow, thanks for the ideas and inspiration, keep em coming.

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
    #4137512 - 05/05/05 02:13 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I get negative thoughts on stronger trips when my concentration keeps spinning out of control, and my perception of myself and reality keeps warping out of perspective when I try to focus on it. I get used to it after awhile(I think) and craziness becomes the norm for the rest of the trip. I think I'm quite sensitive to psilocin so it didnt take many trips until this happened, the hawaiians did it hehe.

--------------------

OfflineAnnomM
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4137577 - 05/05/05 02:30 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Hi demon2091tb and welcome to the Shroomery :smile:

It's not usual that you threw up so often. It's not normal and it does not help with a good trip. Most people don't throw up after eating mushrooms. It doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you, don't worry  :smirk:

Try not to smoke weed next time. Smoking weed is not bad, but it does affect you trip and for some people not in a good way. Take a lower dose if you want to be more sure and work your way up to higher doses. You should not feel sick and throw up the whole trip, that will always make you trip not good.

Try a low dose and don't smoke weed next time. Ask a good friend to be your trip sitter if you think you will feel comfortable if a sober person is around. Good luck and enjoy your next trip!

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4137979 - 05/05/05 04:01 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Be careful what you wish for. You don't want to find yourself in hell.

Instead, jus take a higher dose and focus on relaxing and exploring the new mindstate. Don't go looking for the creeps that lurk in the mushrooms world.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4138520 - 05/05/05 06:00 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

I figured my first time was rather low itself being a 1/16 but i guess i am just fairly sensitive to it, and yea i'm sure the MJ wasn't any help because it was really potent stuff. What would you suggest for a low dose then to wade out instead of diving in, or just take the same amount without the MJ and go from there?? I also plan to take some motion sickness pills as well whenever i decide to do this, because of my last time with the nausea to battle that, i think i may also have a fairly weak stomach.

First time i was on DXM i smoked pot as well and got sick a few times, but i had ate before i did it. my 2nd time i was perfect, never puked because i spaced out the doses over a period of around 30 mins or so. Is that possible to do with mushrooms or is the fast heavy hit what really gets you going?

I really want to experience a good trip, and not be plagued by horrible negative thoughts and nausea like i had.

Edited by demon2091tb (05/05/05 06:01 PM)

Offlinedr0mni
My Own Messiah
 User Gallery

Loc: USF Tampa, Fl
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4146724 - 05/07/05 03:41 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

well let me just say that 2ci has almost no emotional amplification compared to mushrooms. I don't think I could really find any "wisdom" in 2ci.

Also, i think that you shouldn't induce a bad trip on your third trip. Infact, you probably won't have to induce anything. The shrooms show you what you need to know exactly when you need to know it. They have an inate tendency to show you hidden aspects of your psyche. Some people reject themselves in fear, others understand, analyse and embrace. In the end, these people are the ones that come out changed in a positive way.

the only way that a trip can be bad is if you are unable to take negative emotions and turn them into positive change.

Don't rush, it will come in time.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: dr0mni]
    #4146737 - 05/07/05 03:43 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

If you use mushrooms long enough, they will overwhelm you eventually.

--------------------

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4147704 - 05/07/05 06:45 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

pot is great and all, but for me I have trouble smoking pot while I'm tripping, it seems to make me a little sick, I cough twice as much and often gag or get the burps really bad, you know that feeling where you just keep swallowing and its hard to breathe...I hate that.

anyways, back on topic, you really don't want to have a bad trip if you knew what the true meaning of one was.  It's not all just bad thoughts, its more of a bad vibe, imagine feeling theres no hope for anything, and you've wasted your entire life, and you have no chance at anything.  Immerse yourself in that thought, and you might have a bad trip...not something you will likely enjoy or learn much from until maybe later when you have a good trip and realize how much better good trips are than bad trips :laugh: 

Anyways, to answer your question, yes you are crazy.  Put on some Pink Floyd, eat some mushrooms, and have a GOOD trip (you'll learn a lot more too)

:smile:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: kake]
    #4147963 - 05/07/05 08:58 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

There's a difference between exploring those dark thoughts and having a bad trip. I don't think you want to have a bad trip, but exploring those thoughts... you'd probably learn a thing or two about yourself.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

OfflineBlueDogAnchorite
The jury arecoming, comingto tear me apart
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: MeThoD]
    #4148432 - 05/07/05 11:39 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Purposefully inducing a bad trip?

You will have to take a much higher dosage then you are used to, you will need to completely overwhelm yourself and make yourself vulnerable, lower your defenses and try to revert to a child like state.

Put yourself in dangerous situations or find some tramps on the streets and trip with them! (it would be so cool to actually have a good trip in that situation)

I had a nightmare with a mentally unstable stranger on a 220g dosage.
There was a samurai sword involved, you could try that!!

Unfortunately that really happened, I was VERY thoughtless.
That was a while ago now, but I certainly was foolish!
That trip could easily have destroyed my mind..

I'll write the actual trip report soon.

Oh and may I ask where is that thumbprint thread located?

--------------------
If god is all powerful, then the devil must be nothing more than a darkness in the mind of god, however if the devil is something real and seperate then perfection is impossible and god cannot exist, except in the aspirations of fallen angels.

Offlinelonebuddha
whats it allabout?
    #4148942 - 05/08/05 02:24 AM (12 years, 2 months ago)

So far in my experience, I think that your best way to experience what you want would be to try dmt preferably a high dose ayahuasca experience.

My first time I took the syrian rue followed by the mimosa hostilis root bark 1 hour later. It was very intense. It felt on par with what I think is the intensity of dying. I think that this is just the ego feeling threatened and not knowing what to make out of the experience. My ego never left me though. I couldn't possibly describe it.

Most my dmt experiences I can't even comprehend or recreate with a sober mind. When attempting future experiences, I would feel the dmt kicking in very strong and look at the clock to see it was only 30 minutes after taking the dmt. I would than wonder how the heck I was going to survive the next hour or two. All I could do was just remember to breath and remind myself that it will pass.

During the experience its very intense and overwhelming but I forget the significance of the experience. This is just me though. My last ayahuasca experience however was very pleasant not overwhelming.

This I think can be achieved with smoking dmt but its easier to kill the ego and it doesn't last that long. Without ego, I don't think you can experience a bad trip.

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: lonebuddha]
    #4159626 - 05/10/05 11:34 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

You are the most sane person alive. Cleanse your soul, and come back anew!

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

OfflineGrizzy
Explorer of mindand matter

Loc: Bay Area, CA - USA
Re: I want a bad trip, am i crazy? [Re: Grizzy]
    #4159671 - 05/10/05 11:49 PM (12 years, 2 months ago)

Here's a longer explanation, a cut and paste from a prior post of mine about a "God/satan" subject(some dude had his girl bad trip and say that "satan was inside her", so I said this:

Even if she's never believed in Jesus, she has been exposed to it enough that it planted a seed into her deep mind.

The truth comes out, plain and simple.

And then we try and make sense of it. We apply whatever we got, we just start reaching - she reached for an area in her mind where Jesus/Devil was. From seeing shows on tv, to hearing people talk, to seeing crosses with Jesus and bumper stickers...even if you don't believe it - the imagery gets into your head. And then, when you find yourself confronted with the truth of shrooms - it may become a part of your interpretation.

In this case, your friend may have discovered something bad about herself, a truth she was not comfortable admitting to herself. Maybe in the past she told herself it was ok, and now realized that in her heart - it's really not. So the guilt sets in, and she tries to rationalize. She knows she's a good person, yet how could she commit a "bad" act? Hmmm. "I don't know, but I have seen movies where good people were 'possesses' by demons" <- get where I'm going?

Now then, once she came to terms with herself, and after realizing that she still has power over the future, and to be able to carry forward with goodness - she "regained" herself, redeeming herself from her own judgement. And then, she was free - with the personification of "goodness", aka "God/Jesus".

It's actually not uncommon. And the funniest part of it all is this: That judgement, that concept of a person judging themselves based on what they truly in their heart believe and feel - that, in my educated opinion of science and psychedlics, is EXACTLY what will happen to us all when we die. That is, in fact, mankinds practical application of a heaven and hell. It's SELF APPLIED.

--------------------
"You already know everything, it's just a matter of time before you remember..."

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Ayahuasca, DXM, Pink Floyd, Syrian Rue   eBay Mimosa Hostilis

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience