Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
checking of packages?
    #4105928 - 04/28/05 05:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

First off let me say that I have been looking through and searching through the other posts in the forum, to save some people the worry. And I have read about how packages are sorted by a person and the chance of regular damage. But I am still paranoid so let me ask more specifically since I live in a state that, as near as I can tell, is determined to brainwash every member of its populance into something from "a handmaid's tale" (i.e. Georgia), and since some people here seem to have some inside experience on the post office...

So I have a friend of a friend out of state who could forward me the stuff, but I don't want to risk getting them in trouble over this (for that matter, I'd rather minimize my own risks too!). And I have never ordered before (so I have no record or reason to be watched), and I am not planning to order enough to draw attention (just enough to regularly grow cultures for my own use). But since I'm a newbie I'd rather work with syringes until I get comfortable enough. So:

Do packages get x-rayed (so they'd see the needles)? Under what circumstances are packages actually opened and checked? (ie. is there random checking of packages? what would count as 'suspicious'?)

Are packages checked for organic matter (I know you're supposed to declare that - wouldn't happen of course but would they check)?

Do syringes usually have labels on them when ordered and if so should those labels be removed / re-labeled before having them re-shipped? (If they are re-labeled and a package is opened would they actually check them or would they just repackage them?)

How sturdy are syringes - ie. how much packaging should be put around them?

If I am asking the person to re-package something for me what kind of safety considerations should I warn them about? (since I've never even seen a spore syringe I don't know how they're maintained - what do they have to do to avoid contaminating the syringes on the way to me?)

Have any of you had success having things delivered to Georgia? Any of you had problems with that?

I am sorry if this post is similar to some of the others on here, I am just trying to clarify some things in my mind, thank you ahead of time for any help!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedoesntmattermuch
Stranger
Re: checking of packages? [Re: Nocforweb]
    #4122282 - 05/02/05 06:05 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i would really like to know this information too please any replys by anyone who has any insight on the subject would be much appreciated

Offlinecubicidal
Stranger
Re: checking of packages? [Re: doesntmattermuch]
    #4130165 - 05/03/05 09:57 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just don't get a syringe... get a print.

OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Re: checking of packages? [Re: cubicidal]
    #4136253 - 05/05/05 03:06 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I had considered that but since it will be my first time growing anything I want to try with syringes first before moving up to prints, minimize the chance of things going wrong

OfflineCubieman420
Sharing in thegroove
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
Re: checking of packages? [Re: Nocforweb]
    #4138615 - 05/05/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't worry about spore syringes, they are LEGAL. And they are being shipped domestically, the only packages that would actually be inspected domestically are ones that reek of pot or something like that. You wouldn't believe all of the stuff that I have shipped here in the US. And yea....spore syringes are LEAGAL to buy, own, and ship. Except to those certain states at least. As far as packaging, I would suggest some bubblewrap and a small box. An oversized padded envelope always works, but a small box is the best. If you want to be paranoid about it (nothing wrong with that) just don't order it to the grow location.

--------------------
"...now waters run free, no more fish in the sea..."
1983-2004

Offlinecubicidal
Stranger
Re: checking of packages? [Re: Cubieman420]
    #4145847 - 05/07/05 11:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Have any of you had success having things delivered to Georgia?" *Not* legal...

InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: checking of packages? [Re: cubicidal]
    #4147080 - 05/07/05 02:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

eh i had a * ship a sryinge to california for me. it was all good.

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures