Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Not going to name names, but...
    #4135586 - 05/04/05 11:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

On a recent thread, there were some big BLOCK paragraphs.  I can't read those.  For those of you who don't understand why I can't read those (and I know there are others here who have a similar complaint), I can't explain it. 

It just simply makes my brain have to work too hard to read big paragraphs, so I skip them.  I hate to have to skip them, because I feel like I am missing out on something.

Just as a reminder, and only if you want to do this, please break your paragraphs down into 2 or 3 sentences per paragraph.  If you don't want to do this, that is fine.  I just hate missing out on something someone wrote. 

Keep in mind that this is my problem.  I just like to be able to read everything that everyone writes when I click on a thread, and when I come to a post that has big, block paragraphs, I have a difficult time reading it. 

Me and my brain.  Sigh.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Frog]
    #4135613 - 05/04/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What do you think the philosophy behind this method is?

(had to give it a bump, and make it pertinant to the forums :tongue:)

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4135649 - 05/04/05 11:34 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
What do you think the philosophy behind this method is?

There is absolutely no philosophy behind this. However, I want to make everyone aware of this issue.

Okay, wait, let my brain think of a philosophy behind this issue: (meditating here) aaaaaaauuuuuummmmmmm

Nope, stil no philosophy behind this, except that this issue has been raised in the past, and others have agreed, that when a big block paragraph is posted, it's difficult for some of us to read, so we don't read.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4135652 - 05/04/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:yesnod:

Why is their no philosophy behind this? :smile:

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4135653 - 05/04/05 11:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    :tongue:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4135660 - 05/04/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought..... 

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I

will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....   

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....   

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    :tongue:

Like that? :confused:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#4135661 - 05/04/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

eMotionALLmotion said:
I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....

I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    I will try to do my best, for the people that are paragraph challenged - as it does not take very much time to hit "enter" a few times at the end of an endless thought.....    :tongue:

LOL!!!  :grin:

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4135669 - 05/04/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
:yesnod:

Why is their no philosophy behind this? :smile:

Because I can't think of one!  Can you?  Someone please tell me what is the philosophy behind this.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4135678 - 05/04/05 11:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

~Laziness, or perhaps nihilistic purposes.... or..... this might be a stretch... Discordianism. It's pure chaos!

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offline33L
Stranger

#4135684 - 05/04/05 11:43 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the philosophy of aesthetics.

--------------------
Sometimes the appropriate response to reality is to go insane.

Philip Kindred Dick

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4135690 - 05/04/05 11:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have never heard of recyclelic redundancy before....?    But, I think I just sar~ an example of grand proportions....!?    :grin:

:sun:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4135721 - 05/04/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

#4135726 - 05/04/05 11:54 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have no f'ing clue what any of you are talking about.  You might as well of posted big block paragraphs.  :grin:

The first person to explain his philosophical theory, in regard to this thread, gets a date with Swami, and Swami pays. :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #4135977 - 05/05/05 01:07 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I ONLY CAME TO THIS THREAD FOR SOME JUICY GOSSIP, BUT NOOOOOO!

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4136057 - 05/05/05 01:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:

Nice.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineniCCa
BwaBwaHan
Loc: Earth temporarily
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Sclorch]
    #4136149 - 05/05/05 01:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

butt what sir?

--------------------
Heaveno...CU CU CU CU CU in the Highway...Peace

OfflineNocforweb
Stranger
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: Swami]
    #4136287 - 05/05/05 03:31 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

lol!  actually there is a philosophy in that, drawn from graphic design.  paragraphs should be kept to a few sentances (usually the max i've heard suggested is 5), and each line should be arranged on the page to have no more then 7 words (why you see magazines breaking up text into multiple columns).  There's other stuff too, like not letting words line up over more then three lines creating "waterfalls" (spaces lines up cutting up a paragraph).  There's more but i only do graphic design on the side. *shrug*  The "index" series of books are great for learning more :smile:

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Not going to name names, but... [Re: 33L]
    #4137658 - 05/05/05 12:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

33L said:
the philosophy of aesthetics.

hmmmm, or the pragmatics of 15-second attention spans (a.k.a. "the sesame street syndrome)... as in, shovel it in quick, 'cuz it's just about time to change the subject

~

today's show has been brought to you by the letter "U" ...
without you, U, there would be no "universe"...
so thank you, U, for your universal utility...

~

and now, a visit to make believe land on mr rogers' neighborhood...
hello neighbor, how are ya?
here comes the magic trolley... *toot, toot*

~

& now it's time for "reading rainbow"...
oh, hi, geordie, i didn't recognize you without your visor...
beam me up...

~

at least, a pair o' graphics... or would a pair o' docs be bitter fur ye...
wha???

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #4137664 - 05/05/05 12:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

oh, and name some names, eh?

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #4137710 - 05/05/05 12:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I agree...it is tiresome to pore over 2000 word paragraphs. It is also poor communications to force people to do so.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order