Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDarren
Stranger
Being sick.
    #413477 - 10/04/01 09:10 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Do any of you think that taking shrooms when having a really bad cold hurt me? And why/why not?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusFarmer
old hand

Re: Being sick. [Re: Darren]
    #413501 - 10/04/01 09:44 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Will it Physically hurt you, I seriously doubt it. The only physical problem I would see is that if you're nauseaus you could aggravate the problem by tossing Magic into your stomach, or some of the minor side effects (watery eyes, etc) of psilocybin could become more severe.

Mentally is where you might have problems. If you trip really hard and aren't very experienced, you could end up thinking your illness is a curse from God or a runny nose means you're about to die. With a light trip, your illness could just serve to reduce the WOW factor by constantly interrupting your train of thought with the need to grab a kleenex or something.

Personally, i wouldn't recommend tripping while ill unless you grow, in which case you probably have enough to not really care about possibly 'wasting' 2-3 grams with a 'so-so' trip. I've always thought a useful trip (revelations, insight into the universe are useful trips..."wow, this is better than crack" is not a useful trip) requires that you be in top shape mentally.

On the other hand, there's always the chance that a good trip while ill could have you saying "fuck this virus, it can slow my body but will never get to the core of Grover, mind over matter dude!".

It all depends on how your trips usually go. If you aim for insight and usually end up laying down with your eyes closed listening to music, then being sick wouldn't be that big a deal. But if you are the exploring type who wants to play with the trip toys, run around in the woods, and dance naked with the squirrels there than you could end up being severely limited by your inability to move alot without having coughing fits.

I probably wasn't too much help here, just giving my thoughts on your 'problem.' :) Many here wouldn't consider this a problem, getting your hand on magic is cause for party time the instant the dealer hands you the sack of fungus.

Grover

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- "What did you dream...it's all right we told you what to dream! Welcome, my son, to The Machine" Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

OfflineMarleyBob
Pooh-Bah
Loc: USSA
    #413556 - 10/04/01 10:28 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I tripped once when i was sick and it kinda sucked. It just becomes real evident how sick you are on the trip and you feel like a dumbass for doing drugs instead of saving them for when you feel better.

Wait till you feel better, your body is real good at giving you messages, its your job to interpret them correctly.

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
Re: Being sick. [Re: MarleyBob]
    #413564 - 10/04/01 10:32 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

much 'em when your health is good!, its worth the wait

Conserve LSD, drink chemical monkey.

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: Being sick. [Re: MeltingPenguin]
    #413570 - 10/04/01 10:37 AM (22 years, 5 months ago)

I would wait till atleast felt normal.

-baraka

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineDarren
Stranger
Re: Being sick. [Re: baraka]
    #413648 - 10/04/01 12:29 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

Too bad I didnt read your posts before I took the mushrooms, I am tripping while I write this post and i'm having a pretty fun time.. I guess i'm different than you guys :P

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#414270 - 10/04/01 10:15 PM (22 years, 5 months ago)

one day i was realllllly sick (cold) and has asthma problems and a sore throat and ALL this shit, and I took one pill of E and not only did I feel brand-new during the roll but later that night when i was fully down i was no longer sick.  i verified this the next day, as I felt perfectly fine and happy. :smile:

i wouldn't trip while sick tho, tripping usually doesn't make me feel any better

It must be hard to trip if you anthropomorphize your shrooms.

We're all MADD here...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale