Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinemxdrk
searching forsomething
 User Gallery
Loc: Louisiana, USA
Depressed
    #4134895 - 05/04/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I've been depressed for the last week and have recently doubted everything I used to believe in. I used to be a firm Christian and now I wonder about the existence of God and Christ. Or if there is even Life after death. I have lost most of my social life, I don't want to be cheered up though because I know I will just become depressed again. I don't feel like smoking weed at all, either which is my normally pick-me up. I think I will get over it in a week or so. I think like all my problems it stems for normally one thing women, I meet this great girl on a trip to Florida and get to know her well and find out at end of trip and right after 1) she has a boyfriend 2) she was interested in a good friend of mine 3) used me to get to know my friend and to complain to about her story

This is really pathetic and I shouldn't even post this, but it may make me feel better. It seems if allot of things i placed my basis of trust are gone and I'm really confused.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: Depressed [Re: mxdrk]
    #4134918 - 05/04/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Your problem stems from being a Christian so late in life, and by late I mean past the age of 4. Check out Buddhism, Hindu, Zen-Philosophy...etc..expand your perceptions. Weed will just amplify your current mood, so thats not a fix. Good luck with the girls and finding a new way to happiness.

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
    #4134919 - 05/04/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I get that way. Where Im just like fuck everyone, and I hate what is going on around me. But I need to remember that only I can change and not everything else. I know it sounds stupid, but it works for me.

Invisiblefearfect
    #4134920 - 05/04/05 09:24 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I am glad that you are able to question things like that. I grew up in a christian home with a horse blinder over my head.

Being able to see the world for what it really is, is a gift it seems. Don't let it get you down, rather explore all the other tangents of your previous belief system. What evidence is there that you go to heaven when you die? Some(most) people don't like to accept the idea that without a functioning brain, we have no sense of self and are not aware. I'm probably going off on the part that isn't that important to you though...

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
Re: Depressed [Re: fearfect]
    #4134923 - 05/04/05 09:25 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Actually just listen to fear, Ive had to much to drink.

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4134926 - 05/04/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Take some of these immediately!

Invisiblefearfect
Re: Depressed [Re: Althea]
    #4134927 - 05/04/05 09:26 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yes, everyone listen to me! WIR MUSSEN DIE JUDEN AUSROTTEN!

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
    #4134959 - 05/04/05 09:33 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Drink your worries away.

j/k....but seriously, everyone's got their own sob story, and in whatever position you're in, there's always someone worse off. Find something to take your agression out on, music, shows, a sport.

And besides, this chick already had a boyfriend and was gonna cheat on him with one of your friends? You shouldnt chase after that garbage to begin with.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #4135000 - 05/04/05 09:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you have to help yourself because no one else can really help.  Everyone goes through a dark side in life, you aren't the only one.  Now that you have broken the mold of a religion, now is the time to ask yourself, "can I really ever answer the question of life the universe, and everything?"  In reality, no one can.  The next best thing is to find your peace of mind while on this planet and  then extentuate that towards everone else. 

Finding a new hobbie is always a good place start.  What have you always wanted to do but have never tried?  Starting is always the hardest part, but once you get the ball rolling things will start to look up.  When you find something, emmerse yourself in it.  Go out and meet new people that have the same interest as you. 

Most of all, stop feeling sorry for yourself.  the only person you are kidding is yourself. 

I wouldn't recommend taking drugs...get your mind clear.  It happens to everyone.  When you get out of the rut, you will come out feeling better than you ever have before. 

We always have enough to be happy, its just your mind is so wrapped up in judging that you forget that being alive is the precious gift of all.  you have this chance to experience!  you have senses that say you're alive!! 

so go out..find yourself..and then once in a while don't forget to lose it.  :wink:

best of wishes on your journey fellow earthling!  :sun:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: Depressed [Re: fearfect]
    #4135022 - 05/04/05 09:48 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

hey man i'm not christian but your christian beliefs dont sound like the source of your problem for you.  it sounds like its about dealing with trust issues with women.

dealing with disappointments in love is one of the biggest things in a persons life.  people do all sorts of things after that that say something about who they want to be.  disappointments in love is probably the hardest emotional struggle i personally am aware a person can face.

for me there's two things that have helped me, maybe they will help you, i dont know.

1) do the right thing.  some peoples lives turn to hate after disappointment, but thats not right.  love IS right.  someone whos never experienced the deep sense of disappointment and frustration can tell what's right in that situation, because that person can see objectively.  it's like a little seeing a bitter old man and thinking how lame that is.  that old man was once a little kid who thought the same thing about some old man himself.  but not everyone has to end up the bitter old man.

2) life is full of pain, but it's important to learn to handle it.  because life full of awesome beauty and wonder too.  it's important to find a way of coping with the pain in a way that you dont shut off or give up so that you still get to experience the good stuff as much as possible.  learning to cope is harder for some people than others.  it might take some work for you.
incidentally i dont think anyone totally handles the pain perfectly, just some better than others.

3) learn from bad experiences so you dont keep making the same mistakes.  if you can treat those experiences like theyre there to make you stronger and wiser, youll be better off.

4) on the slim chance you're considering doing something drastic, make sure you call a doctor or tell your parents or someone you know and trust.  these people are professionals or else know you and love you.  they'd be able to help you in an emergency better than strangers/acquantances on an internet message board, no matter how good-intentioned :wink:

hope that helps.  one last disclaimer (except about #4, which i am right about): you know what they say, advice is a good thing to listen to, then disregard.  its because in the end you know yourself the best and deep down only you know whats right for you.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

#4135089 - 05/04/05 09:58 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Tune into Shroomery radio.

Awesome song about life and it's ups and downs. (Jeff Buckley - Last Goodby)

OfflineKristiMidocean
fattie whale
Female User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: Depressed [Re: TYL3R]
    #4135103 - 05/04/05 10:01 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

x_TYLER_x said:

Take some of these immediately!

word

--------------------
:smile: I live for LNC :smile:

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery
Loc: Buckeye
Re: Depressed [Re: kaiowas]
    #4135108 - 05/04/05 10:02 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

a trip, or some salvia usually snaps me outta depression. It makes my mind feel like my body does when i take a real hot shower, clean and new.
but i feel like your mabey not in that kind of depressed mood, so that may not be the answer.

as for religion, i to was a deep cristian, in some ways i still am, but not.
explanation.
i stopped thinking like a monkey and thought outside the box from my usual slow whitted pattern of thinking, heres what i did.
i started learning about other religions, WITHOUT forgetting where i came from (christian).
basically, i ended up where i am now. i have a idea and it follows somewhat of a christian path, you know, the bible and all that jazz, the main points anyways, the rest is jibberish, man wrote the damn thing so im not saying anything wrong as far as i know. if i am, im sure threw ignorance im vetoed.
i feel like if i try to put a name to what i belive, or think i belive, i will just be like everyone else i know and start condeming other religions.
so, i came to the conclution that god, or whatever name you call him her it, would not be so nit picky about specifics. i mean that would just be stupid, some all knowing creator made us with free will so we could just follow specifics we really dont know or we all burn for it? naaa.
im sure as long as your a good person, that shows kindness to others, and you belive in something someone good out there, youll be cool. if not so what? it wont matter anyways and at least you were a nice guy, what did you loose? nothing.
better to belive in something and be wrong, than belive in nothing and be right.

just go watch dogma, youll feel better.
i know i suck at spelling and punctuations and all that stuff, so kill me.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Kada (05/04/05 10:11 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom