Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
move over ann coulter...
    #4135096 - 05/04/05 11:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ann coulter might be more fun to hate..but kathleen camilli (LINK WARNING) makes coulter look like whoopi goldberg...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4135115 - 05/05/05 12:03 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

link doesn't work

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #4135126 - 05/05/05 12:05 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Huh? All I see is someone who understands economics. I see nothing even remotely as shocking as "We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity." Can you explain how she is in any way even remotely as bad as Coulter?

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Silversoul]
    #4135266 - 05/05/05 12:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

you actually answered your own question ..its precisely because its the same message..but w/o ann coulters' name-calling..that makes it all the more repellent...however..IMNSHO..camilli talks as if ann coulters' mantra was already a fait accompli(sp)...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4135390 - 05/05/05 12:46 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Oh boy, here we go... :rolleyes:

Let me explain a few things:  See, there's this field of social science called "economics" which studies how resources are allocated and how human interactions affect that resource allocation.  Camilli understands economics, and quite frankly, you don't.  That's ok.  Ann Coulter doesn't really understand it much either.  That's why she mostly makes ignorant statements about how stupid liberals are, how homosexuality is wrong, and why women shouldn't vote.  Rather than do any of that, Camilli does intelligent analysis of economic trends, and proposes smart solutions to the problems it faces.

Ya, they're sooooo much alike. :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #4135442 - 05/05/05 12:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

There are two things you're missing which are all that's needed to make the two people in question (seem) alike.
1. They express opinions which are contrary to our friend Anna's.
2. They are both women.
Conclusion: they are alike.

It's essential that you not look at people in a manner which reveals greater complexity than can be understood in a sound bite or a slogan.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Autonomous]
    #4135459 - 05/05/05 12:58 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

3. their last names both begin with a "c"...(how could you have missed that??)...

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
    #4135573 - 05/05/05 01:19 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Oh boy, here we go... :rolleyes:

Let me explain a few things:  See, there's this field of social science called "economics" which studies how resources are allocated and how human interactions affect that resource allocation.  Camilli understands economics, and quite frankly, you don't.  That's ok.  Ann Coulter doesn't really understand it much either.  That's why she mostly makes ignorant statements about how stupid liberals are, how homosexuality is wrong, and why women shouldn't vote.  Rather than do any of that, Camilli does intelligent analysis of economic trends, and proposes smart solutions to the problems it faces.

Ya, they're sooooo much alike. :rolleyes:

i dont claim any great knowledge of economics...i dont know how much of an economist ann coulter is either..but my hunch (and this is strictly a hunch) is that if you were to sit coulter and camilli down together on bill o'reilly or whatever..they would agree with each other much more than disagree...furthermore..irregardless of how expert an economist camilli might be..she nonetheless sounds more like grover norquists' parakeet than anything else...and there are other expert economists that would tell you something quite different from her...

--------------------

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#4135714 - 05/05/05 01:49 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Camilli hasn't expressed any views on social issues, which is what Coulter primarily deals with, so I don't know why you would assume that she'd agree with Coulter on everything. Economists in general tend to be more liberal or at least moderate on social issues(since a tolerant society makes for a better economy), even if they are conservative in other respects. Ann Coulter may nod in agreement with Camilli's ideas on economics, if only because Coulter has no real opinions on economics herself other than to oppose anything liberals support. However, unlike Coulter, Camilli is no knee-jerk Bush supporter, and actually raises some constructive criticism of the president's policies.

As for your link, obviously there are disagreements among economists, and some expert economists(mainly Keynesians) do lean to the left at least in certain respects(though few respectable economists advocate anything to the left of a mixed economy). Still, nothing about her seems in any profound way similar to Coulter.

--------------------

InvisibleRandalFlagg
Stranger
    #4135926 - 05/05/05 02:42 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

The only similarity I see is that I would screw both of them if I had a few beers in me.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #4135961 - 05/05/05 03:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'd have to drink quite a lot to screw Camilli, and Ann Coulter would have to have her mouth duct-taped so she wouldn't ruin the mood with her stupidity.

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #4136829 - 05/05/05 10:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Anna, you really seem to automatically dismiss everyone even remotely on the right as equal and evil. This is essentially bigotry.

While I certainly don't agree with much of what Camilli says, I can see that it comes from an intelligent, rational mind that is making an honest attempt to analyze the problems.

Coulter is nothing more than an ad for her books. Morons on the right buy her books because they agree with her, and people on the left buy her books because they make good joke gifts for their friends. She's an entertainer, not an economist or even a political analyst.

Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're evil. Sometimes, people come to different conclusions than you do with good intent. Just because you asked yourself "What is the right way to do things?" and came to a certain conclusion, doesn't mean that everyone who comes to a different conclusion was asking themselves "What's the wrong way to do things?".

The more I read your posts, the more I think your politics have a lot more in common with the more venomous leaders in the Christian right than with leftists. Your posts seem focused on lashing out at people you view as morally corrupt and evil. Instead of trying to understand their viewpoints and comparing their qualities to those of your viewpoints, you dismiss them as the products of evil minds. Much the way Jerry Falwell might dismiss those who oppose censorship in movies as evildoers who want to promote perversion.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #4136830 - 05/05/05 10:56 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I didn't read the article, but let me guess..... She shook Bush's hand, and is therefore a neo-con fascist twit?

--------------------

InvisibleAutonomous
MysteriousStranger

Loc: U.S.S.A.
    #4136835 - 05/05/05 10:59 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Ann Coulter would have to have her mouth duct-taped so she wouldn't ruin the mood with her stupidity.

There is a more fun way to keep her from talking.

--------------------
"In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination."
-- Mark Twain

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: blacksabbathrulz]
    #4136933 - 05/05/05 11:38 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:
I didn't read the article, but let me guess..... She shook Bush's hand, and is therefore a neo-con fascist twit?

No, more like she advocates free market solutions to the nation's problems and isn't categorically opposed to everything Bush does. She strikes me as more libertarian than conservative, though of course I haven't read anything on her social views.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Phluck]
    #4137431 - 05/05/05 01:43 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Phluck said:
While I certainly don't agree with much of what Camilli says, I can see that it comes from an intelligent, rational mind that is making an honest attempt to analyze the problems.

Coulter is nothing more than an ad for her books. Morons on the right buy her books because they agree with her, and people on the left buy her books because they make good joke gifts for their friends. She's an entertainer, not an economist or even a political analyst.

theres no reason to assume that either is more intelligent than the other...their both preaching the same message..but in different languages..and unfortunately..they have been successful...in that sense..they are prolly equally intelligent or otherwise...

Quote:

Anna, you really seem to automatically dismiss everyone even remotely on the right as equal and evil. This is essentially bigotry.

The more I read your posts, the more I think your politics have a lot more in common with the more venomous leaders in the Christian right than with leftists. Your posts seem focused on lashing out at people you view as morally corrupt and evil. Instead of trying to understand their viewpoints and comparing their qualities to those of your viewpoints, you dismiss them as the products of evil minds. Much the way Jerry Falwell might dismiss those who oppose censorship in movies as evildoers who want to promote perversion.

thats correct...and too many liberals are under the delusion that the radical right can be constructively engaged..with the result that america is now a one-party state...in this case..its necessary to fight venom with venom...as for me dismissing them as evil offhand..one need only look at the agenda ..aggressive warfare.. rape and torture.. "homeland security".. and of course..camillis' exploitative economics...a deeper analysis of conservative thought is available here..and it definitely sounds no less malignant...

--------------------

Invisibleblacksabbathrulz
 User Gallery
    #4137489 - 05/05/05 02:02 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paradigm said:
Quote:

blacksabbathrulz said:

No, more like she advocates free market solutions to the nation's problems and isn't categorically opposed to everything Bush does.  She strikes me as more libertarian than conservative, though of course I haven't read anything on her social views.

Read the article, and I like her economic views  :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#4137802 - 05/05/05 03:24 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Anna, agreeing with a single aspect of conservatism doesn't mean you believe in, or support all of it.

Believing in a free market, or privatized medicine doesn't mean that you advocate aggressive warfare or rape and torture any more than believing in socialized medicine and welfare means you advocate oppressive communist dictatorships.

Your words are exactly as foolish as those of Ann Coulter. You're not fighting venom with venom, you're fighting ignorant, nonsensical rhetoric with ignorant, nonsensical rhetoric.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Phluck]
    #4138270 - 05/05/05 04:57 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Except Ann Coulter uses ignorant, nonsensical rhetoric less frequently.

Phred

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Re: move over ann coulter... [Re: Phred]
    #4138313 - 05/05/05 05:06 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know about that... but I will conceed that Ann Coulter is at least able to recognize when she's using nonsensical rhetoric. I think it's more a part of her act than her actual opinions.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

General Interest >> Political Discussion