Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Re: Prayer in public school [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4142261 - 05/06/05 12:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

good advice dark star. well, i did it because i need the extra credit. it wasn't like i was praying, just reading a prayer in the bible. its no big deal, after all, i did attend a catholic school from kindergarten through 8th grade :scream:. i should have asked to write my own prayer and make a big joke of it. for some reason i enjoy giving my anti-religious viewpoint to religious people. don't get me wrong, i have nothing against these people or their happiness...i just like to give them something to think about.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaJikFungus
There's a Fungusin my closet

Loc: School of Athens
Re: Prayer in public school [Re: TODAY]
    #4143069 - 05/06/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I attended an christian private school for a few years and they made us memorize verses from the bible , I've been an atheist for as long as I can remember and it really didnt bother me. To me it was just memorization of a few sentences and then spitting them back out to get a grade , to me the words meant nothing and I forgot them after the "test" almost immediatly. Here's a funny side note , about 3 years later my bible teacher from the private school was the sub for my art class. Apparently she had been fired for some reason , it was funny to see her reaction to my appearance now that I was free of the oppresive dress code the religious school enforced. I had hair about 1/4 way down my back and was clad in all black complete with an antichrist super star shirt.

I also enjoy giving my atheist view point , I find every religious person I have met is a huge hypocrite. They expect me to respect their viewpoint , which I do , but they have absolutly no respect for mine. I always offer them a chance to expand their mind , I will admit that there is a possibility that god exists if they will admit there is also a possibility that god does not exist. So far I have yet to meet one willing to open there mind to that point.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale