Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineAllyKat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!)
    #4133990 - 05/04/05 07:40 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, everyone, I finally borred my friends digital camera so I could post photos of this.

I have two Treasure Coast PF cakes that have some blue coloration on them. This normally would not concern me, as I know that cakes can bruise. But this blue color is on fluffy mycelium (or what I thought was mycellium).

So, I am not sure what to think. I have photos, which I am posting. This is the first flush for these cakes, they have taken FOREVER and were dunked immediately after birth.

I would hate to have to throw them away, because they have a trillion little mushies on them.

The blue color appears to be the same color as mushroom bruising.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineWronguy
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!) [Re: AllyKat]
    #4134009 - 05/04/05 07:44 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like bruising to me. Your mushrooms look very healthy. Continue fruiting and don't worry.

OfflineAllyKat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!) [Re: Wronguy]
    #4134059 - 05/04/05 07:59 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you.

I have had a very hard time with these cakes. They have taken forever to fruit, but I have since read that is normal for this strain.

The Gulf Coast strain that I inoculated on the same evening is already on second & third flushes. Some of these treasure coast jars have not even fully colonized yet.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4134136 - 05/04/05 08:17 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

ive heard the bruising occus d to drying out mist more

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #4134228 - 05/04/05 08:41 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Those cakes look dry as hell. How are you providing humidity?

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineAllyKat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!) [Re: dog]
    #4134401 - 05/04/05 09:37 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

They are in the poor man's pod

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/25056

Made exactly to specifications.

The humidity is SO high in there that the sides are dripping with water 24/7. In fact, several people suggested my humidity was too high when I had some heavy, fluffy mycelium growth at the base of my shrooms, so I have been trying to lower it a bit.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post4074745

I'm pretty sure the reason they are so dry is the tremendously long time it has taken them to fruit.

They were inoculated around MARCH 15. I had a LOT of problems getting them to colonize, due to the fine grade vermiculite that seems to have replaced all coarse vermiculite in town.

( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3997053/page//fpart/1/vc/1 )

Would you believe that some of these jars are STILL not fully colonized?

My Gulf Coast colonized very quickly and have progressed as normal.

I noticed here:

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23593/pag/9

"You can get several flushes out of a properly cared for cake. This long life for a cake is essential for good Treasure Coast fruiting since the TC has the longest gestation period of any of these races and needs extra time. This casing tek keeps the cake white and uncontaminated for its life duration. And scince the TC has a cake life of at least 4 months, the PF double ended casing tek is a must for the Treasure Coast (don't bother with invitro primordiation with the TC - it doesn't work at all)."

Well, I wish I had known that about TC before I had decided to grow them for a specific event. They have really been little bitches.

I have been dunking them upon birth, rolling them, (or double casing them) and spraying them until the pins appear. But even the pins grow slowly. I swear, with this strain, everything is in slow motion.

I'm sure the fine vermiculite does not help.

Any suggestions on helping these guys out a little more?

Offlinegoofy98
Heart of ahustler wrist ofa chemist
 User Gallery

Loc: next door
    #4134550 - 05/04/05 10:10 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

after this first flush make sure you dunk to rehydrate the cake.

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!) [Re: goofy98]
    #4134600 - 05/04/05 10:18 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

those cakes are dry as hell, Notice how they will only fruit from the bottoms where the humididty is high. Hit them with some direct misting

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

OfflineAllyKat
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bruising or Contamination? (With Photos!) [Re: tahoe]
    #4135110 - 05/05/05 12:02 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

Is it safe to continue to spray them when they have pins on the cake? I read that could rot my pinheads.

I was misting them each day until they began to produce pinheads.

The combo of the TC and the fine vermiculite has really been bad. Never again. Now I know.

I will absolutely dunk them after each flush.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation