Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineralphie
Stranger
MIsting Practices
    #4133602 - 05/04/05 06:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Do you continue misting a casing after the first pins start showing up? I've read conflicting answers. Some say that the casing should be good to go once pinning is initiated. Others say continue misting. Can I have some clafication here?

--------------------
There must be some kinda way outta here said a joker to the thief.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MIsting Practices [Re: ralphie]
    #4133624 - 05/04/05 06:30 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Continute misting until it's old and dead. You have to keep up moisture on the casing level for future primordia formation and pinsets, don't let it dry out. Moisture is the name of this game, make sure you keep it up.

InvisibleRoadkill
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Snoqualmie, Wa.
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MIsting Practices [Re: Holydiver]
    #4133631 - 05/04/05 06:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Diver said:

Continute misting until it's old and dead.  You have to keep up moisture on the casing level for future primordia formation and pinsets, don't let it dry out.  Moisture is the name of this game, make sure you keep it up.

:thumbup:

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
 User Gallery

Loc: USA Mountain Northwest
Trusted Cultivator
Re: MIsting Practices [Re: Roadkill]
    #4133913 - 05/04/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Don't let your casing material dry out. That is the key. There seems to be some controversy and disagreement over whether or not misting will abort small pins. My experience is that it does, but other growers mist pins and have no problems. The quality of the mister itself might be the factor. Mine shoots a fairly fine mist, but every once in a while, a huge drop or two pukes out. If one of these large drops lands on a pin, it will abort. After primordia form, I mist the casing material very carefully to avoid getting mist on the pins. Other species, such as oyster mushrooms love to be misted directly.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: MIsting Practices [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #4134129 - 05/04/05 08:16 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

some say it causes aborts but i disagree with that

keep up the misting

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
Re: MIsting Practices [Re: ralphie]
    #4134247 - 05/04/05 08:46 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Continute misting until it's old and dead. You have to keep up moisture on the casing level for future primordia formation and pinsets, don't let it dry out. Moisture is the name of this game, make sure you keep it up.

:thumbup:

No moisture = poor flushes

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

Offlinedown44
Johnson

Re: MIsting Practices [Re: dog]
    #4136198 - 05/05/05 04:26 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

mist

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation