Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineLurkingLobster
Stranger
Water Beads on cakes?
    #4129438 - 05/03/05 10:02 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Lobster here. I've been lurking around here for a bit. You've all helped me see my way into my first grow with 24 100% contam. free jars of goodness.

I followed the teks listed and dropped onto the board when I had any questions, most were answered in previous threads. But, I've googled though the site now and really must know something.

I'm using a Large Rubbermaid bin as a chamber, 1 ultrasonic humidifier set to it's lowest setting, 2 large OJ bottles, Dry Perlite, and about 3 feet of 1/2" PVC tubing.

A run down, I've got an L joint coming from the spout running into 1 OJ bottle, a small 3-4? piece of PVC running into another OJ bottle and then into the chamber where the humidity flows into a wide angled upside down V, which has holes drilled every so often. No blockage issues and good drainage (Not into the chamber.) I?ve got about 1? of dry perlite set across the bottom of the chamber to soak up any moisture that may build up. (Carpets to think of)

Anyway, the point is this. I?ve starting seeing quite a build up of water beads on my cakes. They are very small, but there are many. Will this harm my cakes in anyway? Or am I just being paranoid?

I'm thinking the ultrasonic and the perlite maybe to much?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Water Beads on cakes? [Re: LurkingLobster]
    #4129464 - 05/03/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Is the ultrasonic running 24/7? You have a bit too much humidity by the sounds of it. Droplets hurting the cakes is debatable, but I know for a fact that drops of water that do not move (stagnant) are harmful to primordia formation in those specific areas, naturally. Lightly dabbing with a paper towel can help with this.

InvisibleShnezbit
Psycho-naught
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Threshold.
    #4129465 - 05/03/05 10:09 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i a newb too but i would imagine that water beads on the cake will inhibit the development of the shrooms.

OfflineLurkingLobster
Stranger
Re: Water Beads on cakes? [Re: Shnezbit]
    #4129764 - 05/03/05 10:52 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Thank you kindly. I just got done dabbing them off and adding a few extra vents outside the chamber to siphon off some of the humid. that's getting into the chamber. I'd get a timer, but the cash flow and left with the tide for the time being.

You can just barely see the humid. creeping out of the vents within the chamber now.

--------------------
...Don't look at me, I'm a lobster...

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Trusted Cultivator
    #4129881 - 05/03/05 11:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i used to run the ush 24/7 and it works great

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

Teh=The

I need to proofread

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation