Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Deepman's Psychedelic Culture Library.... Download Classic Tripping MP3's, Videos and Books!!!
    #4105639 - 04/28/05 12:37 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Deepman's Psychedelic Culture Library is NOW OPEN!!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS A GREAT COLLECTION! :smile: :smile:

Check it out!

Deepman, Learyfan (and others) have shared a lot of classic MP3's ebooks and Video for the hippie inside all of us. Most of the material is not copywritten but make sure you already OWN a copy of anything which IS copywritten BEFORE you download it. :smile:

I especially enjoy Tim Leary's guided trips... early in a trip (right before peak), put one of his albums on, and he'll guide you like an old pro. :smile:

It is very fun.

"Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out" is a great (and VERY famous) guided trip, as is, "How To Operate Your Brain". I also love, "You can be Anyone, This Time Around". Those 3 albums are WONDERFUL to trip to... especially when tripping with n00bs. Let Leary be your guide! Check them out.

Tim Leary's great but don't forget Deepman's Psychedelic Culture Library also includes works by:
Quote:

William S. Burroughs, Neal Cassady, Ram Dass, Antonio Escohotado, Jerry Garcia, Stan Grof, Gerald Heard, Albert Hofmann, Abbie Hoffman, Aldous Huxley, Laura Huxley, Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, John Lilly, Terence McKenna, Ralph Metzner, Jim Morrison, Jonathan Ott, Alexander Shulgin, Ann Shulgin, Paul Stamets, Rick Strassman, Hunter S. Thompson, Alan Watts, Robert Anton Wilson, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd
etc., etc., etc.

:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:Live Grateful Dead and Phish Recordings!
http://www.gdlive.com/
:gd_icon: :gd_icon: :gd_icon:

http://www.growthandhealing.com/talks_music/talks/watts/alan_watts.htm
Many recordings of Alan Watts

Recordings of Terence McKenna
Many hours of McKenna speeches. Like Leary, Terence McKenna was a well known psychedelic philosopher and shaman. Terence McKenna is not as easy for newbie trippers to approach as Leary. In his books and lectures, he often takes on very difficult topics. Terence definitely was a brilliant man. Thank God there are so many recordings of him... although his voice may take a little getting used to.

Here  is another great audio archive, with more Terence McKenna, Albert Hoffman, Robert Anton Wilson and many others (Sorry, no Leary). Enjoy! :grin:

And if you still haven't looked at the Psychedelic Culture Library, you REALLY should. THIS IS A GREAT COLLECTION! :smile: :smile:

It should be your first stop, all the files listed below, and many others are available to download. Thanks Deepman and Learyfan!

Right now the server is pretty limited and it can get overloaded. Check back from time to time, if you can't get in.

Here's more info about Deepman's Psychedelic Culture Library.

I'll let Deepman and Learyfan speak for themselves.

As discussed in this thread!
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4264998/an/0/page/0

Quote:

Deepman said:
Dear Shroomerites,

As some of you already know, Learyfan and I have been working for the last few months in a conjoined effort to create a psychedelic culture library, a one-stop site where one could find writings by Abbie Hoffman, Alexander Shulgin, Alan Watts, Terence Mckenna, Jimi Hendrix... in just one place. We have collected a lot writings, interviews, spots, pics, and music by the people who created what we call the psychedelic movement.

Now, we don't have the means to actually create a site like that in a way say like Erowid, but we've managed to create a little FTP site for your pleasure where you'll find all these items I just listed. Since this FTP server is running on the personal computer of a collaborator, we have a very limited bandwidth for now, and must ask you for some patience if it doesn't run properly for you. We can only have 4 connections at a time for now :sad:

We hope this will be a great source of information for all of you, and that it will help the community. It is our intention to spread quality info for those who need it and want to expand their knowledge.

Now, we have created some rules for the security of all those involved in this project and for your own safety too:

- We can only accept 4 connections at a time for now. If everything works out right and we get enough donations we'll increase the bandwidth ASAP.

-Anyone can access our FTP, we don't want this to be a VIP thing. So no need for user/pass. If we run into problems we might make it private, which creates the next rule:

-ABSOLUTELY no hacking or cracking of the server. If we suspect someone has hacked or is trying to crack the server we WILL close it to the public and create accounts on a personal basis. Please DON'T try to hack it, it's a personal computer used for work on a daily basis.

-We accept donations in the form of any relevant document to the subject of this library. We also accept donations on monetary form, which would be used to increase bandwidth and not for personal purposes.

-The habitual legalities are applicable: You may NOT download anything from this server if you don't already own a legal copy of said document . This server is meant for you to have access to a backup electronic copy of your document. Please don't break any of your local laws by downloading from the server. You're solely responsible of your actions in this matter, we can and will not take any responsibility if you don't agree with these terms of use.
If you own the copyrights to some document or know it's copyrighted please drop me a PM and I'll unshare it immediately.

If you have any doubt please PM me and I'll try to answer ASAP. Also PM your suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time, and have a shroomy day!!  :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Server's URL: ftp://80.36.127.152

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Alright, it's finally unveiled.  :cool:  Deepman, I want to thank you for hosting this FTP site for all the Shroomerites.  The coolest thing about it, IMO, is the fact that it's mostly audio and video.  I am a huge fan of audio and Deepman has the world's biggest online collection of audio lectures, interviews and albums by such psychedelic and semi-psychedelic legends such as......

Quote:

William S. Burroughs, Neal Cassady, Ram Dass, Antonio Escohotado, Jerry Garcia, Stan Grof, Gerald Heard, Albert Hofmann, Abbie Hoffman, Aldous Huxley, Laura Huxley, Jack Kerouac, Ken Kesey, Timothy Leary, John Lilly, Terence McKenna, Ralph Metzner, Jim Morrison, Jonathan Ott, Alexander Shulgin, Ann Shulgin, Paul Stamets, Rick Strassman, Hunter S. Thompson, Alan Watts, Robert Anton Wilson, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Pink Floyd
etc., etc., etc.

I would like to add that at least as far as audio goes, very few things on Deepman's FTP site are copy written.  For instance, above I mentioned Hendrix, Floyd and The Beatles.  What Deepman has from these bands are not the albums, but rather rare interviews.  There is almost no music on the FTP.  The only full album available is George Harrison's Wonderwall Music from 1968, only because of the fact that it's been out of print for almost 20 years.  Anyway, this is something that I've wanted to see available to Shroomerites since I joined and I want to thank Deepman for making it happen.  I hope the limited access you guys will have won't be too much of a problem.  Like Deepman said, hopefully one of you Shroomerites can help by making a mirror site available or something like that. 

Anyway, try your luck.  Hopefully you will be granted access to the voices, images and words of the psychedelic movement's greatest icons.  If not, try again soon.  BTW, if anyone has any audio or video of Owsley Stanley, Nick Sand, Humphrey Osmond, Al Hubbard, Abram Hoffer, Gordon Wasson or anyone, please let Deepman or at least me, know.

You can also, try these links:
Quote:

Learyfan said:
I'm making a new thread so that the Leary mp3s can be more easily accessible, to take out the broken links and to upload a new album for you.  Here they are..........
"Pursuit Of Pleasure" interview on NBC (early 60?s)  Leary conversation with William S. Burroughs, Brion Gysin, Les Levine and Robert Anton Wilson
Leary introduces Terence McKenna  Leary - "From Psychedelics To Cybernetics"
Leary?s appearance on "Space Ghost Coast To Coast"
Revolting Cocks feat. Leary - "Gila Copter"
Leary introduces Babes In Toyland
Psychic TV feat. Leary - "Tune In Turn Out" Timothy Leary vs. Nardwuar
Timothy Leary vs. Nardwuar full interview  (Real Audio) Short video clip about Leary

Quote:

Gamera said:
Wanted to throw up another couple of links:

Altered States and the Spiritual Awakening conference 2003 and 2004
http://www.assacon.com/archive.html

Palenque Norte Burning Man lectures 2003 and 2004
http://www.matrixmasters.com/pn/

Good stuff.

If you DL from any of these links, and you think these files should be shared, try sharing them on Soulseek!

Soulseek is a file sharing (p2p) program... and it has a 24/7 chat room called "Shroomery"... join it ANY time. If you can't see it, click "Create Room" type "Shroomery" and, you will be taken there. It is always open, and people are ALWAYS there... even if you have to click "Create Room" :wink:

As discussed in this thread:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3535733/page//fpart/all/vc/1

To avoid legal issues, be sure to only share legally sharable files... or at the very least, trust who you trade with.

If we can get these files onto Soulseek, we shall cure our broken link and limited bandwidth DL woes!

You can download Soulseek here:
http://www.slsknet.org/

Check it out!

As you can see, bandwidth is very limited for the time being so if you care to DONATE or HOST this library, please PM Learyfan or Deepman. Also SHARE your files on SoulSeek once you DL them so these files can be shared quickly, and widely!

This is gonna' be fucking cool!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's [Re: Rose]
    #4105669 - 04/28/05 12:49 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for sharing! A lot of those aren't working for me.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4105674 - 04/28/05 12:50 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh also, i have a very rare Terence Mckenna interview video, the last one taped before he died. It's quite sad, but he is the most beautiful person, this interview is a must see. I wish i had somewhere to upload it to.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4105683 - 04/28/05 12:54 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, well, that's why I'm posting this. Partly to spread the links, and partly to see which ones aren't working. Please list links that are problematic.

I'll talk to Learyfan and see if he can get those links working again.

Please everybody, post links to Audio/Video of Trip guides, shamans, gurus of lsd... whatever. Let's get some good links compiled in one thread.

Thanks to Learyfan for 90% of these links and files.

Please, add the McKenna file if you get a place to host it!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineVeter
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4105721 - 04/28/05 01:17 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LiveByFreedom said:
Oh also, i have a very rare Terence Mckenna interview video, the last one taped before he died. It's quite sad, but he is the most beautiful person, this interview is a must see. I wish i had somewhere to upload it to.

Yousendit.com

You can upload up to a Gig. It lets you upload a file to it and gives you a link(meant for one time email things, but can be clicked multiple times).

Id love to see it.

And thanks to the original poster for these, Leary was an interesting man to say the least.

--------------------
Let the Demons have their place, if so, it's angels you'll create.

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's [Re: Rose]
    #4105740 - 04/28/05 01:31 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Alan Watts Om download is not working, too bad sounds like great thing, I have a mp3 file Alan Watts teaches meditation, but its like 80Mb.

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4105743 - 04/28/05 01:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Oh yeah, I will dig THAT link up too.

And I'll see what I can go about Om.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's *DELETED* [Re: Psiledehysp]
    #4105762 - 04/28/05 01:46 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm moving the dead links out of the first post. I'll try to keep that first post up to date.

I'm posting the dead links so people will keep their eyes open for the albums... perhaps they'll find a copy online, or at a garage sale... and share... :smile:

If you see a dead link, and you can bring it back to life, please do, and post the link here, in this thread.

ANYBODY GOT SOME WATTS?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinewjames
Phenomenologist

Loc: Europe
Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #4106984 - 04/28/05 12:44 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cervantes said:
ANYBODY GOT SOME WATTS?

Ask and ye shall receive :smile:

http://www.growthandhealing.com/talks_music/talks/watts/alan_watts.htm

--------------------
"We're all in this consciousness-raising business together."
"An idle mind is the devil's workshop."
"Everyone should eat hashish, but only once." - S. Dali

OfflinePsiledehysp
second mushroomto the left
 User Gallery

Loc: inside out
Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's *DELETED* [Re: wjames]
    #4107001 - 04/28/05 12:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Damn wjames thats just sweet, thanx!

--------------------
Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
- Carl Gustav Jung

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's *DELETED* [Re: wjames]
    #4107208 - 04/28/05 01:51 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Thank you, I added that link to the first post!

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary Guided Trips,... MP3... and other cool Tripping MP3's *DELETED* [Re: Rose]
    #4107784 - 04/28/05 04:40 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Added this awesome album to the list... and updated LearyFans links, so they should work.

Quote:

Learyfan said:

The next album is now out of print, so I've uploaded it for everyone to have.....

Quote:

"You Can Be Anyone This Time Around"

Original release: Douglas 1, US 1970

Produced by Intermedia Systems Corp, MA

Recording mix by USCO-Dacey

Sleeve artwork by Kelley/Mouse Studios

Comments: Only 3 years later yet an ocean of time lies between this and Leary's earlier LPs. Ostensibly a part of his California gubernatorial campaign (Ronald Reagan won) this could also be seen as a reminder to the world that Uncle Tim was still around and as far out as ever. Much has been made about the appearance of Stephen Stills and Jimi Hendrix on the record and while that may be true, the background music they provide is generic studio fill of no interest. One side is an edited press-conference with Leary presenting his political program (it's cool) before a friendly crowd. The other side is more interesting, with the title track being a sequel to his earlier drug guide recordings (the Mercury LP in particular), although the suggestion that "you can be John & Yoko this time around" may turn some listeners off. Some brief musical snips have been inserted into the ramblings, with a Pink Floyd segment wrongly attributed to Grateful Dead -- I guess Tim preferred Dave Brubeck anyway.

This is followed by "What do you turn on when you turn on", a biochemical rap that presents an early version of Leary's later infatuation with high tech, the human body being likened to a computer in a rather inspired and fact-laden discourse. This prophetic piece is undoubtedly the best thing on the album, which has been reissued on CD and also can be found as an original without too much trouble.

"Live And Let Live"
Track 1 (feat. Leary speaking, Stephen Stills on guitar, John Sebastian on guitar, Jimi Hendrix on bass and Buddy Miles on drums)

"You Can Be Anyone This Time Around"
Track 2

"What Do You Turn On When You Turn On"
Track 3

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinefreddurgan
Techgnostic
Male

Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: Rose]
    #4128812 - 05/03/05 05:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Onlinerock kinda sucks =( None of those links work except for the repost of the Alan Watts stuff. I really wanted to hear the TL guided trips.

--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: freddurgan]
    #4129165 - 05/03/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Damn, i want the last 2 files for Tune In, Turn On, and Drop Out for tonight! Can anyone help me out? I'll be back in a few hours :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: Rose]
    #4129273 - 05/03/05 07:19 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

This should be made sticky.  :thumbup: I'll have to DL some of those Leary CDs when I get more CD-Rs, I'd love to have a trip guided by Leary.

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4130413 - 05/03/05 10:39 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to ingest 12 HBWR seeds in about a half hour, i'd like the last two files for Tune In, Turn On, and Drop Out. Can someone please help me out?

--------------------

Offlinenickpdx
Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4130610 - 05/03/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

LiveByFreedom said:
Damn, i want the last 2 files for Tune In, Turn On, and Drop Out for tonight! Can anyone help me out? I'll be back in a few hours :smile:

I would really love those as well!  :cool:

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: nickpdx]
    #4130770 - 05/03/05 11:53 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I imagine it will let you DL again in a hour or so...

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

#4132002 - 05/04/05 10:30 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Still can't download from that site, anyone have the last 2 files for Tune In, Turn On, and Drop Out? I didn't eat the HBWR seeds last night, dehusking those things is a bitch, took me 3+ hours. Sorry for the repetative posts, i would really like these files though.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: Tim Leary MP3's, Guided Trips....and other classic Tripping MP3's (Thanks Learyfan et all!) [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4133455 - 05/04/05 03:43 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Heh, it seems someone else has posted a very popular link at that site. Be patient, and try to DL the sngs in the middle of the night, if possible.

Learyfan tells me there will be a better Leary source pretty damn soon.

You might want to see if someone has the files on IRC.

Good luck

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder