Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia Flag
"Organic Rye Kernels"
    #4128644 - 05/03/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Is this stuff good? Looks like regular rye grain...long & skinny
Just making sure before I start soaking it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: "Organic Rye Kernels" [Re: Tien]
    #4128708 - 05/03/05 04:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Yup they are fine.

Long as it looks like the stuff in these jars

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Organic Rye Kernels" [Re: Magash]
    #4128738 - 05/03/05 04:57 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I can't find a single tek to prepare rye jars!

Can I use this tek to prepare rye grain?

http://www.shroomery.org/index/par/23619

Pluto

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
    #4128761 - 05/03/05 05:03 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4128841 - 05/03/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: "Organic Rye Kernels" [Re: Magash]
    #4128873 - 05/03/05 05:28 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Here's my rye berry tek.

Measure out your organic rye berries from a health food store, 1 cup for each quart jar you intend to make. Place them in a large pot. Rinse the heck out of them. Fill the pot with water, shake and swirl it around and pour it out. Do this three or four times until the water you pour out is clear. You'll be able to see when you have nice clean water to pour off instead of water filled with chaf and dirt. You want to now cover the rye berries with three times as much water as you have rye. Use half coffee and half plain water. In other words, if you have two inches of rye in the bottom of your pan, you should have six inches of water/coffee above that, for a total of 8 inches. Stir in about 1/4 teaspoon of gypsum for each cup of rye you've added. Leave this to sit for 24 hours. Stir well and set the pot on the stove. Bring to a boil. Boil for ten minutes, then, WHILE BOILING, drain the contents through a very large collander. (spaghetti strainer) If you're making a large batch, you may need more than one collander. Tip the collander side to side to get the rye to drain as much of the water as you can. Then, shake the collander in order to 'toss' the grain. This will cause a lot of steam to rise from your rye. Great. Do this a time or two, then let it sit for five minutes, then repeat. When all the moisture that will drip or evaporate from your rye has already done so, load your jars. The rye should look and feel dry to the touch when you load the jars. All the moisture you need is inside the grain. Fill jars no more than 2/3 full if they are to receive grain to grain transfers, or no more than 3/4 full if they are to be inoculated by spore syringe. Use a lid with a synthetic filter disk, polyfil, tyvek or similar. Cover with foil and PC the jars for at least 90 minutes at 15lbs. I use 120 minutes. When the jars are cool, they're ready to inoculate.

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: "Organic Rye Kernels" [Re: Roadkill]
    #4128898 - 05/03/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

yeah its good i dont even notice when my freind of a freind dosesnt use organic rye

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

InvisibleTien
人民英雄
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "Organic Rye Kernels" [Re: onetime]
    #4129023 - 05/03/05 06:09 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: thanks so much guys :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract