Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic yet
    #2879205 - 07/11/04 06:39 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Ok, I know what experts say.... (read on)

A Plant's Description:

My friends have found a plant that has leaves/stems EXACTLY like a Sativa, yet diferent types of buds- Some claim it IS ACTIVE in THC (many claim to get a high just like marijuana- only weaker). It buds in the spring to middle Summer- suspected to also bud in Fall. The buds have FOUR tiny seeds in them, and the flowers that suround the seeds look exactly like marijuana flowers. It has no "hair" or thorns on it. Only the buds look different from Mexican Sativa. It was found in southern Kentucky.

The locals have speculated that pot might of cross-pollenated with another weed (despite the fact that experts like Ed Rostenthal claim it's impossible for pot to cross pollenate with another weed to produce THC)

Has anyone else found a plant like the description here growing wild before? Does anyone know if it's a hemp variation (Kentucky was a BIG hemp state in the pre-outlaw days)- or as locals think- maybe a cross pollenated plant (Pot -X- wild weed)

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/11/04 07:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic yet [Re: Jammer]
    #2879814 - 07/11/04 10:03 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Do you happen to have a picture? a picture would be key here.

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineJammer

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic yet [Re: Hooty]
    #2880875 - 07/12/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I hope to have one soon... Word has it the problem in geting a pic is that most of them have died.. They appear to be a spring/fall plant. Some are speculating that these long days stress them to a point of death, and the seeds take off in the fall/spring.

Another tidbit- The buds form around stems. It's like a flower with 4 tiny seeds (all plants were reported bisexual- self polinating, no males found) with the tip of the stems growing out from the center. Other than that they look exactly like Sativa... 7 leafs... err.. correction:

Actually the look more like Ruderalis.. they have redish stalks sometimes.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (07/12/04 12:01 PM)

Invisibleshriek

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic yet [Re: Jammer]
    #2881160 - 07/12/04 03:39 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

ed rosenthal is correct, it is not possible to cross pollinate, im sure its either just a hybrid or a non cannabis plant. from your description i would guess non cannabis plant.

main reason is you say it comes with 4 seeds , if the impossible have happen and cannabis is cross breed with another species it sure havent genetic developed a seed limit to only 4 seeds.

the flowers you see on marijuana can be found on several other species.

Edited by shriek (07/12/04 08:55 AM)

Anonymous

Post deleted by Papaver [Re: Jammer]
    #2881478 - 07/12/04 08:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

OfflineJammer

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic [Re: Anonymous]
    #2881977 - 07/12/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I honestly believe it's a type of cannabis. Too many people swear they get high off it, even veteran pot smokers. Almost all swear it has a THC type high to it. I have seen people smoke a bowl (pure flowers) of it and suddenly start laughing like they were stoned off their asses.... I mean, it does take a full bowl.. It takes some about 2 grams of manicured flowers for a decent high. Is common wild hemp normaly this strong in THC?

One sure cant rule out an unfamilar variation of hemp... there is at least 3 other types of wild hemp that grows in the same area, however they resemble indica more (wide dark green leafs) and some say they dont share such an intense buzz.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Anonymous

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic [Re: Jammer]
    #2882145 - 07/12/04 12:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Either wild hemp or a poor quality hermaphrodite strain.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
    #2882167 - 07/12/04 12:46 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Most likely not cannabis at all. There are plants that look like pot a little. You can get a small buzz from smoking anything, even paper. I would not get too excited.

OfflineJammer

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic [Re: Stonehenge]
    #2884697 - 07/13/04 01:19 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I supose one way of telling for sure is for the smokers of this weed to all apply for jobs they dont want... That way they can get a FREE drug test... Then maybe we will know for sure if it's really THC.  :grin:

I want to add that I agree that a lot of plants look like pot a little... But, this one in paticular is almost a clone ('cept for the buds).. it's almost like someone took a pot plant and replaced the buds with another type.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineTantalus
Beyonddescription.
    #2886806 - 07/13/04 04:20 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jammer said:
Well, I supose one way of telling for sure is for the smokers of this weed to all apply for jobs they dont want... That way they can get a FREE drug test... Then maybe we will know for sure if it's really THC.  :grin:

I want to add that I agree that a lot of plants look like pot a little... But, this one in paticular is almost a clone ('cept for the buds).. it's almost like someone took a pot plant and replaced the buds with another type.

I think it would be a much better idea to get a bunch of this plant and use one of the many methods of concentrating out the cannabinoids.  For instance, bubblebags for hash or a butane extraction for oil. 

It would probably be easier to post a pic though.  :tongue: :smile:

OfflineJammer

Re: Cross Pollenated 1/2 Pot Plants found in Kentucky-no pic [Re: Tantalus]
    #2887374 - 07/13/04 07:41 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

That hash oil idea has been bounced around... it might have potential.

My friends tried to get a pic today.. The only ones found today were brown and dead... So, there going to wait untill another green one is found. Perhaps in a month or two when the days start geting a little shorter.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineJammer

UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: Jammer]
    #4128267 - 05/03/05 03:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Please forgive me for bumping this thread from 2004...

I just wanted to let folks know that word has it that the seeds from this plant has been introduced to other nearby states, and is growing fine in 2005....

Let me be clear that this plant DOES get people high (very high)... It's imposible to say if this plant has REAL T.H.C. in it... but everyone that I know that has smoked it claims it's exactly liike a good bud high. As far as anyone knows this plant is 100% LEGAL... however, if it was ever proven that it really has THC in it, likely it would be ileagle.

The plant buds in the spring/summer untill it dies in the fall. Within a couple months others might soon be able to sample this new plant and decide for themselves just how important of a find it really is.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisiblecalicyco
Re: UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: Jammer]
    #4128343 - 05/03/05 03:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well, if you smoke it and it gets you high like pot does, then its pot. Its just some mutated wild hemp from the good old days of hemp farming in Kentucky most likely. Stuff like that grows all over the south. Hence, this plant is illegal as it is a form of marijuana.

OfflineJammer

Re: UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: Jammer]
    #4128369 - 05/03/05 03:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I will try to get a picture of these plants within a couple months and post in this thread. I REALLY think it might shock people how much this plant looks like a sativa. All the stems and leaves are exactly the same as a Sativa.. Only the buds give it away as being something other. While the buds contain four tiny seeds with a growing stem in the center that goes straight up to the next internode.... the flowers look and smoke just like the real thing.

Note: All plants found were self-polinating. I think the term: "mutated wild hemp" fits good. :smirk:

Whats great about this plant is that it's obviously a native and wild plant of southern Kentucky AND it's extremely hardy and grows very very easily. Some claim it grows easier outide than normal pot plants do.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Invisibledr_gonz
. [Re: Jammer]
    #4128384 - 05/03/05 03:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineJammer

Re: UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: dr_gonz]
    #4128421 - 05/03/05 03:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

drgonz said:
ruderalis?

Nope.. But when the plant is stressed it's stalk/stems/leaves sometimes turn a shade of red/pink like ruderalis do.. Also, the plant sometimes has the red streaks runing up the stalks like ruderalis sometimes do.. Ruderalis are not native to Kentucky (or even America, are they?).. So the plant seems to have traits of ruderalis and sativa... However, one cant see any indica traits in the plant.

Invisiblecalicyco
    #4128494 - 05/03/05 04:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Its just hemp. Perhaps a high THC producing variety.

Here's an article on the state of wild hemp in Kentucky:

http://www.gametec.com/hemp/fiberwars/fw.chp10.html

Kentucky Hemp was a particular variety, very very low in THC content. Anyway, it grows all over as weeds. More than half a century of natural selection may have changed it significantly.

Hemp is primarily from the Cannabis Sativa family. Your plants look just like a sativa. Hence, its wild hemp. :-)

What I'd do, is collect a shitload of it, and do a butane extraction on it. Get some good hash oil from it.

OfflineJammer

Re: UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: calicyco]
    #4128593 - 05/03/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks for that link calicyco!  :smile:

Based on that report it would seem Kentucky hemp is almost too low in THC for anyone to see it as a drug... and thats what is weird about this plant. I know people that have smoked other types of Kentucky wild hemp (the most common having hairs on the stalks and yellow flowers) and really had a hard time coping a buzz.. This plant is in it's own legue when compared to other hemp... unlike any other hemp plants found in the area, the flowers from this plant is close to the quality of comercial bud.. Rumor has it that it takes about a gram to get high, while hard core smokers might need two grams... but for a plant found growing wild in the fields, I feel it's a great find.  :wink:

OfflineChemical_Bliss
Officer of thelaw...
    #4130558 - 05/03/05 11:13 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Jammer, I am very interested in this plant. I do not smoke cannabis but would love to own one of these...assuming they are legal. Could you possibly get some seed for me? I have some ethnos and spores to trade if your interested.PM me.

--------------------
'divine moments of truth, total and utter cosmic stuff...'
'be here now... i love everybody'

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: UPDATE: Extremely interesting Hemp-Like Plants found in Kentucky [Re: Chemical_Bliss]
    #4130923 - 05/04/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Why are you typing???? Haul ass to a field or wherever this shit is and harvest all the bud you can and refine it to oil!

Oh, and if you are unsure if it is THC containing, mail me some. I am being drug tested twice a week and will let you know :wink:.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals