Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1

Tried Salvia for the first time
    #4126261 - 05/03/05 02:29 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

This weekend, my package came containing one oz. of dried foliage, 1g of 5x extraxt and 1g of 10x extract. After reading all about salvia, I was excited to say the least. Me and some friends had planned a mushroom trip and then to do salvia when we came down. We did the shrooms 5-6g each and then later we went on to try the salvia. We smoked it out of a bill that we made from a water bottle. My problem is that not a whole lot happened. We first tried a bowl of the foliage...little to no effects. Then we packed a bowl with the 5x extract. Still nothing really happening. Then finally tried the 10x extract. At this point, I could feel the forces and the room was spinning a little bit. Although with the 10x SOMETHINg did happen, It seemed nowhere near what it should have been according to the numerous trip accounts I'd read.

So my questions for you are:
1. Is there a better way that I should smoke the salvia?
2. Should it have worked? (did I get some bunk salvia)
3. Could coming down from mushrooms soften the effects?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Tried Salvia for the first time [Re: johnjohnandjamal]
    #4126497 - 05/03/05 04:47 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

all I can say is that you need to hold it in at least 20 seconds

onset------30 secs
minsrampup--30 secs
peak--------3-6 mins
rampdown-----1 min
sloppy------60 mins
total less than---90 mins

smoking plain leaf it is harder to accummulate the onsets and rampups while holding, but it can be done.

5x should have worked with 2 tokes and holding

10x is 10x as noticeable as plain leaf.

the first time I think the effects may either seem a bit obscure or totally shocking: you got the obscure option... I would not blame the mushroom; the party plan is a bit odd.

mushroom should be very fullfilling without any dessert at the end.
salvia is like a quick energy bar meal anyway, not good as dessert.

Male User Gallery

Re: Tried Salvia for the first time [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4126673 - 05/03/05 07:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

You should smoke it out of a small glass pipe and inhale as mush of the smoke as you can. Hold it in for a good 20-30 seconds and you will get the full effects. I have been to levels 5 and 6 on many occasions and that is exactly how I accomplished it.

The plain leaf will not give you visuals unless you smoke a lot of it really fast. 5x and 10x is plenty good enough to get you up to the higher levels.

Loc: new england
Re: Tried Salvia for the first time [Re: killme]
    #4127222 - 05/03/05 11:45 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

bong is the way to go. because it cools the smoke down you can get a lot more in your lungs, and with salvia, you need to smoke a lot in 3 hits over the course of around a minute and a half.

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Tried Salvia for the first time [Re: nightkrawler]
    #4127274 - 05/03/05 12:12 PM (11 years, 5 months ago)

Remember Salvia is a reverse tolerance. Lady Salvia is a shy spirit, and you must get aquainted with her first. Rushing in to get "high" isn't the way to approach her. Those that do usually end up with experiences such as becoming a doorknob or wall or something...experiences that usually give nothing as far as teaching is concerned.

To those willing to be patient and persistent, She can be a very wise and willing teacher.

Start slow. Sit alone in a room at night, smoke a bowl in two large hits. Hold each in for 20-30 seconds before letting it out, and without taking more than one breath inbetween, take the second hit. Try to use a butane lighter for this. With the bowl smoked, set it down and turn the lights out. Lay back and close your eyes. Anywhere from nothing to a lot may happen depending on the quality of your leaf. I can recommend Mazatec Garden for your supply. Do this every other night for a few times, and you will notice the effects get a little stronger each time. If you are able to do so, smoke two bowls in four large hits this way instead of one bowl in two hits.

If you get a good quality leaf, you will not need extracts, trust me.

I just posted a report of a journey I took last night in the OTHER DRUGS forum.( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/4126015/an/0/page/0 )

Deadmaker said:
The plain leaf will not give you visuals unless you smoke a lot of it really fast. 5x and 10x is plenty good enough to get you up to the higher levels.

In my experience, this is completely false.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience