Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleuriahchase
Skinny White Boy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Cat-a-pult, Pingu Slap

Loc: SoCal
sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better?
    #4126243 - 05/03/05 02:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

my ex and first love wrote me after almost 4 years of being apart, and almost 2 of which we never spoke to eachother....says she can't stop thinking about me and how she wants to see me again(i now live 1500 miles away),
                              BUT
i just celebrated being with my current girlfriend for 1 1/2 years!!! my girlfriend is great and we're generally happy....
                              BUT
i miss my old town and friends and family, and i have been thinking about her too! iv'e had a couple dreams about her lately(just got the letter today)

i could just stay with rachael and probably end up married and generally happy, or i could take a chance at ending up alone and breaking some hearts(mine included) for a possibility of being with my ex once again and potentially be happier than ever... :confused:

SORRY ITS JUST THAT I DIDNT WANT TO WRITE "DEAR LOUISE" IN THE PAPER.....
THIS IS S&P MATERIAL BECAUSE......IT'S A MATTER OF FINDIND YOUR OTHER HALF AND WETHER OR NOT WE DO HAVE ONE TRUE SOULMATE..OR IF WE ARE MEANT TO MEET MANY OTHER PEOPLE AND FALL IN LOVE AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN.
should i tell my GF whats on my mind?
You may choose only one
yes
no
wait a little while first
should i just be happy that i have a good thing goin'?
You may choose only one
yes
no
if being generally happy is good enough for you
should i take a chance at being happier?
You may choose only one
yes
no
why?

Votes accepted from (05/03/05 02:25 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

--------------------
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are -Kurt Cobain

Hotter than the left sink handle.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4126311 - 05/03/05 02:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Bah, can't vote yet.

Stick with your current GF but be honest with her about your feelings. She's your "Ex" for some reason or another, seems like water under the bridge because both parties didn't work on the relationship and get it started for one reason or another.

1 and a half years in a relationship seems like a solid start :smile:... Which is greater, your current love, or the nostalgia of your past love? Answer that, and you'll know what you have to do.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

OfflineAlan Stone
Corpus

Loc: Ten feet up
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: uriahchase]
    #4126474 - 05/03/05 04:22 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I feel the same about it. She wouldn't be your ex if you hadn't been compatible in some areas. Are you sure those incompatibilities have been resolved?

--------------------
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

- Aristotle

Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: Alan Stone]
    #4126519 - 05/03/05 04:59 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

appreciate what you have. The grass is always greener, man, but you would almost surley regret makeing a move on this. If you got back with your ex things would most likely turn sour again eventually, causeing even more pain, and then you would be consumed by what a mistake it was to leave the girl you are with now. You can't expect to get different results from doing the same things. And you would be putting the current girl through some unwantted pain. That would be pretty weak, if you don't care for her much, then cut it off, if you do care for her, then this should'nt be much of an issue. Gotta stop liveing in the past man. There is no time but now, respect this moment because it's all we've got.

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4127002 - 05/03/05 10:39 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Pretty good advice Empty. :thumbup: Whatever you do you will learn something important about yourself. In the end it's you that makes you happy or not, no matter who you're with or where you are. My only advice would be to take your time, be honest with everyone, and try to understand why you are torn in your feelings right now. :mushroom2:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: emptywisdom]
    #4127308 - 05/03/05 12:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Need to add something here...

By all means, if I were to try to make a general statement on this, it would sound very similar to what emptywisdom contributed.

However... relationships are not as simple as all that, and can't be summed up with general statements. I'm going to be blunt and honest with you, man.

This is the most helpful thing you can hear at this point:

Decide for yourself. Don't ask for help from people who only have a vague idea of the situation you're describing.

Only you know every detail of the relationship you had with each of these women.

Ask yourself what it is you liked about your experiences with each of them... ask yourself what you didn't like about your experiences with each of them. Contrast and compare. Make a logical decision based on what you know in your heart to be most important to you.

This requires some serious thinking. Meditate on it. Keep your mind calm and think things through rationally.

This is not the kind of thing where you should search out an answer on a messageboard that you feel comfortable agreeing with.

This is the kind of thing where you owe it to each of these women--and yourself--to think it out for yourself and figure out what it is you really want.

Edited by JacquesCousteau (05/03/05 12:54 PM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: sacrafice what you have now for something potentially much better? [Re: Icelander]
    #4127319 - 05/03/05 12:38 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:In the end it's you that makes you happy or not, no matter who you're with or where you are. My only advice would be to take your time, be honest with everyone, and try to understand why you are torn in your feelings right now. :mushroom2:

Words of wisdom.  :heart:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology