Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
salvia black out
    #4126102 - 05/03/05 01:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

is there any way to get around salvia amnesia at higher doses? is it posslble to become accustomed to higher-level salvia states, and consequently be able to remember an amnesia-level experience? or is the amnesia due to something the chemical does physically in the brain with no way to get around it?
havent yet had the chance to experiment at that level, am curious.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleCaptainH13
Scum
 User Gallery

Re: salvia black out [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4126159 - 05/03/05 02:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i ,for a short time was using a homemade high strength,extract almost nightly,for a months or so,and i could consistently hit high marks,and be perfectly accustomed.....

as far as amnesia goes,i take your talking about a "level 5",i believe the amnesia effect is caused by such a complete dissociation from reality that you just kinda can't handle it.....

but i could be wrong about that, I try not to go that high...be careful ,there bud.......

--------------------

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: salvia black out [Re: CaptainH13]
    #4126217 - 05/03/05 02:18 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

if you close your eyes your may black out  :drooling:

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: salvia black out [Re: danlennon3]
    #4126527 - 05/03/05 05:05 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I am copying a chunk from my salvia myths thread:

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
I am not sure why i left it out, except that the post is already humongous and I hate long posts, but also the SALVIA scale and prolongation of sensory fadeout pertains to other entheogens as well and the main post here is something I have tried to make just Salvia oriented.

The SALVIA Experiential Rating Scale is as follows (- adapted/shortened from http://www.sagewisdom.org/usersguide.html -)

Level - 1 "S" stands for SUBTLE effects. A feeling that "something" is happening, although it is difficulty to say just what. ...
Level - 2 "A" stands for ALTERED perception. Colors and textures are more pronounced. Appreciation of music may be enhanced. ...
Level - 3 "L" stands for LIGHT visionary state. Closed-eye visuals (clear imagery with eyes closed: fractal patterns, vine-like and geometric patterns, visions of objects and designs). ...
Level - 4 "V" stands for VIVID visionary state. Complex three-dimensional realistic appearing scenes occur. Sometimes voices may be heard. ...
Level - 5 "I" stands for IMMATERIAL existence. At this level one may no longer be aware of having a body. ...
Level - 6 "A" stands for AMNESIC effects. At this stage, either consciousness is lost, or at least one is unable to later recall what one had experienced. ...

As I indicate above and have also nearly wherever I post anything about entheogens, it is clear to me that the main psychedellic effect is prolonged fadeout of sensory activity, but the meaning of that is not too clear immediately to most people:

Sensory activity for this consideration means mental resonance from:
Vision, Hearing, Touch, Taste, Smell, Memory, and Timing.

Normally all sensory activity combines into a single Gestalt or arising Frame, and as it fades away another arises, naturally.

You could say that in natural consciousness there is always two Frames, one arising and at least one passing away.

with entheogen the frames fade more slowly, such that at
Level - 1 "S" 4 frames are stacked, 3 fading and one arising
Level - 2 "A" 8 frames are stacked, 7 fading and one arising
Level - 3 "L" 16 frames are stacked, 15 fading and one arising
Level - 4 "V" 32 frames are stacked, 31 fading and one arising
Level - 5 "I" 64 frames are stacked, 63 fading and one arising
Level - 6 "A" 128 frames are stacked, 127 fading and one arising

when you get to level 6 - "amnesia", the number of frames is too numerous to make sense of in any way or to remember.

your self is not separate from the effect in the mind, so you can't stand aside as watch the profound submergence of the watcher in chaos, rather you become chaos.

to have watching as part of it, each frame has to include calm watching as part of it. possibly a sense of continuity could be cultivated. I predict it would feel distinctly crystalline - solid - thick as a diamond, and still not too pleasant.

Edited by redgreenvines (05/03/05 05:06 AM)

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: salvia black out [Re: redgreenvines]
    #4129100 - 05/03/05 08:34 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i hope you did not feel like you were repeating information redgreenvines- i actually had your post with the level 6 description in mind and wanted more information (which you folks kindly gave me, thank you all). thinking about this more, i have had becoming-chaos experience before (not to that degree) and yes the non-normal quality of the consciousness does explain why it is so difficult to recall.

i suppose this also explains why some people myself included remember 'all their other trips on drug x' when they take drug x again- forgotten memories that can only be accessed in the altered state. it's fascinating how two parallel selves with their own experiences and memories can coexist in one mind.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia, Scales

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience