Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
Psychedellic Appreciation Day
    #4124690 - 05/02/05 06:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

As the community at the forefront of the advancement of the 'magic mushroom' and with an advanced appreciation of other psychedellics we should think about (besides our intermitent use) setting aside a saturday or something once a year to spread the use/knowledge of psychedellics in a responsible way.  I think we could set a date like the "second saturday of X month" kind of thing.

The hard thing here would be to set a date (or near a set date, because this day should lie on the weekend) or a time of the year or something for "Psychedellic Appreciation Day".  I personally enjoy tripping when the weather is warm and I can wake up early, dose, and explore nature for the next few hours in nothing more than a t-shirt and shorts. 

I would like to know if anybody has any ideas for a date to hold "Psychedellic Appreciation Day", like maybe a significant date in the history of Psychedellic mushrooms or lsd or other. 

It would be cool for people to post some ideas on this thread.  I think this could be a whole lot of fun.  I love to share mushrooms and the experience of a mushroom trip with my friends but I would also like to expand the borders of knowledge and experience with mushrooms, lsd, and other psychedellia to the remaining friends and even strangers.

everyone's thoughts are welcomed on this post.  i would love to see this take off and if we can all agree on a set time for "Psychedellic Appreciation Day" i know a score of people who i could pass on the word to...who surely knows scores between themselves...etc.  :rocket: :mushroom2:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTYL3R
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: TODAY]
    #4124740 - 05/02/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I'll talk some... :wink:

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: TYL3R]
    #4125809 - 05/02/05 10:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

it should be on the same day as the psychedelic festival of Holi.(aka spring equinox) day and night are equal and subtle energies are set up juuuust right on this day so it is perfect for taking psychedelics.

--------------------

Invisiblekake
The answer to1984 is 1776.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The 66th harmonic
Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4125984 - 05/02/05 11:19 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

4th of july, or labor day weekend :smile:

--------------------
The answer to 1984 is 1776.

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: kake]
    #4126010 - 05/02/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It's usually may long weekend round here. That's where the most tripping goes down.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4127079 - 05/03/05 09:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Equinox Holi

--------------------
"You might not be aware of this, but there are a lot of dickheads on the Internet." - D. Wong

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: Cowgold]
    #4128127 - 05/03/05 02:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the thing is, the equinox can happen on a weekday, so people are bound to their work schedules and such. the day should be a saturday because its a fresh start to a new weekend and most everybody has saturday off to do whatever the fuck they want anyway.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4128183 - 05/03/05 02:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's a great idea....the psychedelic counterculture need to become, and seems like it is becoming more organized...more official. Once we get our shit together, and can prove that we are a legitmate culture that deserves rights we'll have a much better chance to overturn drug laws.

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4128409 - 05/03/05 03:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

April 19: Bicycle Day
April 20: Counter-Culture Day
July 4: American Independece Day

All of these would make good candidates IMO

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4128557 - 05/03/05 04:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
That's a great idea....the psychedelic counterculture need to become, and seems like it is becoming more organized...more official. Once we get our shit together, and can prove that we are a legitmate culture that deserves rights we'll have a much better chance to overturn drug laws.

that is a focus of this "project"...we all know people are being imprisoned unfairly regarding "soft drugs". if we open up more people's eyes to psychedellics, especially the up and coming generations, we can potentially phase out all the taboo towards responsible drug use, which of course may lead to looser laws.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Invisiblekake
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4133929 - 05/04/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:

we're getting there, slowly but surely, as an example just look at Adult Swim.  its the only programming on american TV that serves the psychedelic culture (and it serves us pretty well IMO) without having to go out and say HEY THIS PROGRAMMING IS FOR THE COUNTERCULTURE COMMUNITY, take drugs and watch this!  they already know that as long as they have quality content (i.e. Family Guy, Futurama) that has proven its success, you might eventually be on psychedelics and check out their programming, and it will blow your mind so much you'll become a faithful viewer.

some might call my theory far-fetched, but I'd bet a lot of money on it.  and think about it: who plays happy hardcore/trance/drum n bass/house music during the station commercials?  answer: nobody, except Adult Swim.  they know who their target audience is...young adults who are open minded.  and they know that trippers and the ecstasy crowd have no programming on TV to turn to, so they created one on the perfect station, cartoon network, because children aren't up watching this stuff that late anyway (and if they are, they shouldn't be)

have you ever seen Robot Chicken?  try watching it tripping ( its only 15 min. long so it doesnt require to you devote yourself) its WILD WILD stuff man  :crazy2:

--------------------

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #4134328 - 05/04/05 07:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

HA, Robot Chicken is the shit!

--------------------

Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
    #4134611 - 05/04/05 08:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Dark_Star said:
Robot Chicken is the shit!

Without a doubt! After a friend suggested that show I've recorded every episode. Shame it isn't on more frequently, although I suppose that adds to its quality.

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

Invisiblekake
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Psychedellic Appreciation Day [Re: dblaney]
    #4134999 - 05/04/05 09:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, they're like the icing on the cake, you don't want too much of it. also, I think clay animations are extremely time-consuming to make, correct me if I'm wrong.

--------------------

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

#4135188 - 05/04/05 10:12 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a little off topic now. sorry, but i thought people would talk more about the issue i originally posted about...i do agree a bit w/ the adult swim theory though :grin:

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom