Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
The Army
    #4125991 - 05/02/05 11:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I got a call from a recruiter today. They have been hounding me for a while now because they know I am unemployed and I applied for more information online one day.

They are getting so desperate they now are offering me a $20,000.00 sign on bonus if I join up with the team. hah.

Anybody know if I was to join up do I get this sign on bonus check in my hand as soon as I sign the papers or is there some kind of wait period? I have no idea how it works but I could use $20,000. Would make for a good investment that's for sure. :wink:

Don't really want to get into the army or any government related B.S. but it is pretty enticing. More than likely Id get a gun slapped in my hand and sent straight to Iraq though... fuck that.

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblethegatewaydrug
my burning sunwill some dayrise

Loc: wherever i may roam
Re: The Army [Re: THE KRAT BARON]
    #4126013 - 05/02/05 11:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

you should do it the army is lacking 10,000 people right now just sign up as somethin simple, something they wouldnt have use for in iraq give me a minute to think what that could be:grin:

--------------------
May God have mercy upon my enemies, because i won't.

General George S. Patton
:paranoid:

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: The Army [Re: thegatewaydrug]
    #4126020 - 05/02/05 11:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I would appreciate that man.

I was thinking of that myself but I have no idea what to sign up for that wouldnt entail going to the middle east.

Any suggestions and comments whether positive or negative are welcome.

:sun:

--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

#4126026 - 05/02/05 11:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well i was thinking cook but thats HELL hmm what specialties do u have with anything army related such as guns, artillery, air?

--------------------

General George S. Patton

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4126045 - 05/02/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Heh. You dont get to pick what you do in the army, or MOS. (Military Occupational Specialty) Your recruiter will TELL you that you can pick, hell, he may even give you a sheet and tell you to write down your three top choices. they are under no obligation to give you any of these, no matter what they say.

trust me, i went through all that bullshit, and I wouldnt do it again if they doubled my enlistment bonus. Which, might I add, they took away from me when I got the fuck out.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #4126049 - 05/02/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I wouldn't do it. Odss are good you'll get shipped out.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4126050 - 05/02/05 11:39 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Not a damn thing really. hah..

Only experience I have is loading and unloading my beretta .22 pistol. I'v never had to fire it though.

--------------------

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: The Army [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4126053 - 05/02/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

thats pretty shitty, so u never got your money? btw what did u go in as, and did u go to iraq?

--------------------

General George S. Patton

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
    #4126055 - 05/02/05 11:40 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I say don't let the government buy you out.

--------------------

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

#4126068 - 05/02/05 11:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

iv heard from some of my friends that air force isnt that bad (depending on what u go in as of course) they treat u good as long as your not going special forces

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4126083 - 05/02/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If I ever was to go in Id make sure that they gave me EVERYTHING signed in writing so I could sue if they did not come through with what they gave me.

It's not letting the government buy me out fractal. It's getting that $20,000 and putting it into investments for profit. I will basically be playing the government the way I'm looking at it. :wink:

I would also meet many new people and associates.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #4126084 - 05/02/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

nah. You dont get your enlistment bonus until you finish basic. They break it up into three three-week phases (red,white, and blue) I was like, one phase short of finishing and had no desire to do that shit anymore. I had an out, because I was only 17 and had lied about a bunch of medical problems to get in. (pretty fucked up time in my life)

So they got my real medical records from my doctor back home and set me loose from S. Carolina w/ a plane ticket home and the money I came in with. Which was like, 5$, since my recruiter said I wouldnt need any money.

I went in as an administration specialty. Fuck if I can remember the MOS designation. This was 4+ years ago.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineKalix
'Head

Re: The Army [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #4126093 - 05/02/05 11:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Don't do it you'll be sorry!

--------------------

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: The Shotgun of Sweet Reason

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: The Army [Re: Kalix]
    #4126108 - 05/02/05 11:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea the armys not for everyone, but as for me im signing up once i turn 20 :sniper:

--------------------

General George S. Patton

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
    #4126125 - 05/02/05 11:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Well bro if you end up enlisting much luck and good vibes to you man.

Iv got a lot of debating to do. I'd rather join the Navy if any branch but they have not offered me any type of sign on bonus. I wonder if I went and told them what The Army is offering me theyd do me a better deal?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4126130 - 05/02/05 11:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

If you're intelligent they'll save you from the war, and give you a cushy job... You also have a choice as to what you want to do. I'm enlisted in the NAVY but from what I gather the work is going to be cake, and I'm in a non-combat zone.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Invisiblethegatewaydrug

Re: The Army [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4126140 - 05/02/05 11:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea navy and air force try to keep u alive while the army and marines are the ones that fight and die, which is y im joining army:smirk:

--------------------

General George S. Patton

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4126143 - 05/02/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:shrug: Cannon fodder.

Their are easier ways to die you know?

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleTHE KRAT BARON
one-eyed willie
Re: The Army [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4126144 - 05/02/05 11:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah see that's what I am looking for. Somthing in a non-combat zone.

My uncle was in the NAVY for many years. Worked on an aircraft carrier and got to go all over the world. I guess in a time of war the aircraft carrier is one of the safest places to be.

I would love to be able to travel all over the place like that and get paid for it. However my main concern is a damn sign on bonus... heh.

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4126150 - 05/03/05 12:01 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The navy isn't really much of a combat source, especially in Iraq. So more then likely whatever job you pick, you'll be in the clear. You can also specify what exactly it is that you want, they're a little more ameniable to requests then most would think.

Although, I didn't specify non-combat, I just noticed it on my paperwork.

They'll pay for your education up to a Masters degree, and sometimes higher in certain situations. That and them acting like parents and housing and feeding me, seemed fairly good... their are some negative sides though. (zero-tolerance).

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Bridgetown Botanicals Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals