Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleveggie

Loc: Flag
Deputy shows students how to make methamphetamines
    #4125758 - 05/03/05 12:27 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Deputy shows students how to make methamphetamines
In-Class Meth Demonstration Angers Parents
May 2, 2005 komotv.com

ELMA - A local woman went 'through the roof' when a deputy took his anti-drug message to high school.

She says he showed students how to make methamphetamines, and she has the video to prove it.

Grays Harbor County sheriff's deputy shows class, "And the reaction will start occurring down there and start bubbling up."

It is part chemistry class and part drug enforcement as a member of the Grays Harbor drug task force talks to Elma High School students about making Methamphetamine.

Deputy shows class: "Then you'll have a little bit down at the bottom, the white stuff, and that's your meth."

One parent considers it a recipe for disaster.

"I was really upset when my daughter had come home and said 'mom we learned how to make meth today in school,' " said parent Teresa McCutcheon. "My jaw just kind of dropped and I said, 'what?' "

Teresa McCutcheon found it hard to believe what her daughter was telling her. She wanted to see for herself, so she demanded and got a videotape of that class.

The McCutcheons say it's one thing to learn about the dangers of meth and how to spot a meth lab. It is another thing to show kids how it's made.

"I think it's a good thing to be educated about it, but it's bad if they're teaching you how to do it," said high school freshman Christene McCutcheon.

We showed the same video to Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Rick Scott. He says it's the same demonstration the drug task force has been putting on for several years, but they'll review it.

"We talk about how methamphetamine is manufactured. I think there's a big difference between 'how' it is manufactured and 'how to' manufacture it," Scott said.

Christene is asked, "So you think you learned how to make methamphetamines because of this demonstration?" Christene answered, "Yes. I just don't know how to mix it all together."

Scott says, "We'll look at this, but we stand pretty firm in that this is an educational tool. The schools have been very receptive to it in years passed."

The Elma Schools superintendent says the district will also review the material but stands by this effort to educate the students.

The sheriff's office says they don't give specifics about the recipe and they emphasize how explosive the process is.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State Flag
Re: Deputy shows students how to make methamphetamines [Re: veggie]
    #4125828 - 05/03/05 12:41 AM (11 years, 9 months ago)

hah, meth class in schools? i thought we were crazy as kids when we made a meth lab in the basement of my grandmother's church, but this is rediculous!

--------------------

OfflineLiveByFreedom
Catalyst
 User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
Re: Deputy shows students how to make methamphetamines [Re: ShroomDoom]
    #4127259 - 05/03/05 12:01 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

Finally, kids start using the little chemistry knowledge they have. I don't even think they showed the kids how to make it, but gave them basic chemical reaction info and applied it to making meth.

--------------------
"Everything is not as it seems." Eye

Offlinetomk
King of OTD

Loc: PNW
Re: Deputy shows students how to make methamphetamines [Re: LiveByFreedom]
    #4128239 - 05/03/05 05:07 PM (11 years, 9 months ago)

I saw that video. I thought the part at the end where the cop showed the kids how to smoke it and passed some out so they would all recognize the high was a bit over the top.

--------------------
"I am eternally free"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service