Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleShroomOmatic
Ethno Apprentice
Male User Gallery
Loc: Sailing the Seas of Chees...
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4125534 - 05/02/05 09:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I think it would be really cool to try. Dont know if it would work but definetly worth a try. POST RESULTS!!

-ShroomOmatic

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestarseed1066
officially hosed

Loc: close enough to get mysel...
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: ShroomOmatic]
    #4125735 - 05/02/05 10:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i've never had issues with shrooms and alcohol. hell my favorite way to eat shrooms is to wash em down with swigs of yagermeister.

than again i have a cast iron stomach.

really the mushroom mead sounds intruiging...if anybody has success please post it!!

--------------------
Under his instruction, I taped drumsticks to his head and turned him into a sort of mummy, or perhaps a caterpiller in a cocoon. He remains this way for about three hours, making bizarre noises, pretending to be a new species that must learn to walk and talk and eat, etc. And he communicates with other life forms by way of the antennae on his head. Eventually we jam a tube from a waterbong into it's mouth and figure he's learned all he needs to know.

OfflineAss_Pirate
Stranger

Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: starseed1066]
    #4128320 - 05/03/05 03:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

hmm i v hear dthat when you eat mushrooms its makes your brain swell and when you drink it also makes it swell so all in all its bad..but i heard this for a complete idiot...any one know for real?

OfflineJaguarWarrior101
ShamanicAlchemist InTraining
Male User Gallery

Loc: State of Euphoria
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: Ass_Pirate]
    #4129277 - 05/03/05 07:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Alcohol makes your brain shrink, but only if you allow it to dehydrate you, this is one of the reasons you can get a hangover.

--------------------
The above post is purely hypothetical, and should not be considered the true thoughts, opinions, or actions of a real life person.

We perceive. This is hard fact. But what we perceive is not a fact of the same kind, because we learn what to perceive.
~Carlos Castaneda

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: JaguarWarrior101]
    #4131618 - 05/04/05 08:03 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

IME, dehydration is the only reason for a hangover. Match your alcohol intake with equivalent water intake and kiss your hangovers goodbye forever.

easier said than done tho. for one thing you'll spend most of your time in the bathroom or doing the pee dance and for another you'll get too drunk to remember to drink water.

OfflineMindzpore
Psychedelicious
 User Gallery

Loc: Reject the concept of loc...
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: debianlinux]
    #4131647 - 05/04/05 08:18 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

debianlinux said:
IME, dehydration is the only reason for a hangover. Match your alcohol intake with equivalent water intake and kiss your hangovers goodbye forever.

:thumbup: yup, when i was just a kiddie (14) my father had a little talk about alkohol with me and told me about how important it is to make sure to drink loads of water while drinking.

somehow that just stuck in my head, and ive always made sure to match my alc intake with plenty of water. also ive always made sure to have a big glass of water before going to bed if ive been drinking.

and im happy to say that to this day, decades later, i have still never ever experienced a hangover (even if ive been pigdrunk the night before. slow, yes. still drunk, yes. pain, headache or discomfort, never. :grin:

--------------------
Mindzpores words of wisdom:
"If you think something is foolproof, you just haven't met proper fools".

Wiccan_Seeker said:
"It is better to adjust to become a better listener than to keep on cranking up the volume".

InvisibleAnand
AutisticShroomer
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: The netherlands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Mushroom Wine? [Re: Mindzpore]
    #4136065 - 05/05/05 01:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I started a 6 liter batch of mead this week and plan to add some dry mushrooms in 3-4 weeks :smile:so ask me again in a few months, another option is extraction with 85% ethanol (moonshine) and adding that later to the mead

Sorry but i think Methanol in commercial alcohol is the source of the hangover. I have drank 2 pints of 40%abv Moonshine without methanol and no decent food and no hangovers :smile: With mead the resin in the honey is be the source for weird side effects but you can remove it before brewing.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag