Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Loc: innsmouth..MA
the riddle of idaho..solved(?)...
    #4123236 - 05/02/05 12:15 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the B52s private idaho (lyrics) (1979) is a classic piece of late 1970s psychedelia..which even embeds the twilight zone theme in the melody...but WTF does it mean??...i have a crazy theory ..

* first of all..why idaho..and not montana??...maybe because there is a special cemetary in idaho where they bury the victims of massive radiation exposure..whose remains are highly radioactive...why this is relevant will become clear below ..

* discarded nuclear reactor cores are disposed in holes several hundred metres deep and submerged under water...the disposal pools emit an eerie midnite-blue glow called cerenkov radiation.. hence..the "blue bottomless pool" and the "deadly hand of a radium clock"...

* there are at least three references to marijuana in the lyrics ..1) "the chlorine in your eyes" alludes to the bloodshot effect of marijuana..similar to swimming in a swimming pool w/o goggles.. 2) "the river that rolls" is an oblique reference to john fogertys' proud mary ("rollin' [a joint] on the river").. 3) "the lawn (grass) may be green"...

so when you put 2 and 2 together..this is a song about a guy that smokes too much weed..and then accidently goes swimming in a nuclear core disposal pool..and he finds a "big surprise" waiting for him at the bottom..that makes him glow "like the deadly hand of a radium clock"..and lands him under the ground in idaho at the beginning of the song...

your comments on this analysis will be appreciated...thx...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

Edited by Annapurna1 (05/03/05 02:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: the riddle of idaho..solved(?)... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #4124651 - 05/02/05 06:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Underground like a wild potato
You're out of control

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: the riddle of idaho..solved(?)... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4124786 - 05/02/05 07:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

>> Underground like a wild potato

this is admittedly far-flung..but since hes' already in the ground when he becomes "like a wild potato"..it might mean the irradiated cadaver cells mutating into a gigantic teratoma that looks a bit like a "wild potato"...

>> You're out of control

that just means hes' smoking ~way~ too much pot...

so..now why dont you go for a swim in a nucular reactor..and lets see what you turn into when they bury your ass in idaho..but save the pot for me...

--------------------

"anchor blocks counteract the process of pontiprobation..while omalean globes regulize the pressure"...

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #4125430 - 05/02/05 09:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

:thumbup: :grin:
Great analysis.  I'm not sure how accurate it is but its certainly the most thought out interpretation of Private Idaho that I've ever seen!  I enjoyed it for sure.

And BTW- 'Wild Planet' was by far the best of all the B-52's albums! :thumbup:

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4129399 - 05/03/05 07:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Annapurna1 said:
>> Underground like a wild potato

this is admittedly far-flung..but since hes' already in the ground when he becomes "like a wild potato"..it might mean the irradiated cadaver cells mutating into a gigantic teratoma that looks a bit like a "wild potato"...

>> You're out of control

that just means hes' smoking ~way~ too much pot...

so..now why dont you go for a swim in a nucular reactor..and lets see what you turn into when they bury your ass in idaho..but save the pot for me...

I was referring to you. Isn't a teratoma a carcinoma in a fetus? How can a cadaver have either anyway? They will never bury my ass in Idaho. I'm going to med school. Harvard that is. formaldehyde. chest crackers. well the next thing you know ole kevs a million parts. spread all over the baby doctor's carts. Professor said let's cut away the skin. And expose a heaping helping of the hepatic lower duct. Cirrhotic that is.

--------------------

InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery
Re: the riddle of idaho..solved(?)... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #4129423 - 05/03/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

now i get it.. your supposed to be like josef mengele meets foghorn leghorn...

--------------------

Edited by Annapurna1 (05/03/05 10:42 PM)

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#4129581 - 05/03/05 08:24 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, that's it. You got it now. Josef Mengele for sure.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds