Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineotown
Stranger
Loc: otown
help a new grower please
    #412507 - 10/03/01 03:18 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

I want to grow shrooms, but i'm not sure what method to use. I was going to buy a complete kit from shroom wizard, but it seems that a lot of people have complaints about these kits. What is the easiest strain of shrooms to grow that produces very colorful visions, and what teqnique should i use. Thanks for the info.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebabyshroom
addict
Loc: Florida
Re: help a new grower please [Re: otown]
    #412521 - 10/03/01 03:34 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Not sure about the colorful visuals, but a reliable supplier advised me to try Ecuadors and B+ for my first order. I used cakes (1/2 pint and 1/4 pint size), put my cakes thru HELL trying to obtain humidity (most of my problems due to lack of patience...the perlite with an airtight container works well, just be sure and fan often) and handled the cakes way too much. Still, I have now achieved first flushes on both batches.
I didn't buy a kit, I just used the MMGG. All the equipment and materials were easy to find and inexpensive. Jars, syringes and such are reusable, and 1 bag each of vermiculite and Uncle Bens brown rice go quite a ways.
I would skip the kit (for now), but what do I know?

Support the Free Spore Ring

--------------------
I don't really know anyone who grows mushrooms. I just come here for fun.

Offlineotown
Stranger
Re: help a new grower please [Re: babyshroom]
    #412527 - 10/03/01 03:37 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

thanks for the reply. That wast the tek i was going to try. do you know a reputable breeder i can get spore syringes from? thanks

Offlineotown
Stranger
    #412537 - 10/03/01 03:47 PM (16 years, 2 months ago)

i've decided to go with the B+ using the MMGG tek.

Offlineaenima
Loc: UK
    #413415 - 10/04/01 09:12 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

mmgg well steer you well, just follow that, perhaps consider casings, best way to learn how to grow better is experiance and practise. Every time you grow it will be easier and the output will be better, have patience and all will be sweet

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

--------------------
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I've been wallowing in my own confused, insecure dellusions

Offlinejebus2000
Son of God

Loc: Canada
    #413424 - 10/04/01 09:37 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

The MMGG is well written and the basis for allot of the other Tek's available, but I would recomend a different one for ANY new grower.
The "Simple Cubensis Growing Technique" is organized, has pictures, built in substate calculator and explains in great detail everystep needed to grow.

Here is the link..

http://www.shroomery.org/scgt/SCGTv0.5.html

Take a look, you will not be disapointed!

Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact helpmejebus@hotmail.com

--------------------
Cheers,

A BIG thanks to the Sporelab for hosting The Jebus Dehydrator Tek http://www.sporelab.com/jebus200.htm
Contact [email]helpmejebus@hotmail.com[/email]

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: help a new grower please [Re: jebus2000]
    #413458 - 10/04/01 10:30 AM (16 years, 2 months ago)

Fuck B+ off and try a thai strain... Lipa Yai or Ko Samui will be forgiving bigtime...

www.shaman-australis.com/shroom/

--------------------

Offline_Silence_
Silence
Male

Loc: West Coast
    #8622027 - 07/11/08 03:59 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Well there are many other strains more suited for a beginner but the truth is pretty much all Ps. cubensis are easy to grow. Just follow mmgg to a T and you should have a nice harvest! Also read into casings and grains. Good Luck!

--------------------

" We will come to find that we are all one mind "

InvisibleMushHunter08
Mycological Pupil
Male

Loc: B.F.E
Re: help a new grower please [Re: _Silence_]
    #8622307 - 07/11/08 05:13 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------
"The road to excess leads to the palace of wisdom...for we never know what is enough until we know what is more than enough."
-William Blake-

The most simple method of growing mushrooms:
www.mushroomvideos.com

MultiSync's lazy bastard print/syringe guide

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8622689 - 07/11/08 06:48 PM (9 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

otown said:
I want to grow shrooms, but i'm not sure what method to use.  I was going to buy a complete kit from shroom wizard, but it seems that a lot of people have complaints about these kits.  What is the easiest strain of shrooms to grow that produces very colorful visions, and what teqnique should i use.  Thanks for the info.<br><br>

The kits (in general) often work, but they're not the best idea. You just learn too little with them. The PF TEK is designed for people with zero prior knowledge but you still learn the basics of mushroom growth from spores to fruits. Watch those videos above.

Careful with the strain questions. There's a thread on the top of this forum that is the only place here strain questions are allowed. Read the FAQ in the Psychedelic Experience board and you'll see an answer to your visual question. You can also just type "best visual strain" into the search engine on the board and get all the responses you can handle. Strain posts on this board get locked when a mod spots them. This one might survive because it has other questions too.

Quick strain summary - Most strains have no measurable difference between them and others - they were just found in different fields. Spores spread so much that different locations do not guarantee different genetics. With multi-spore grows (which is what you'll start with) the variation in the spores is so great that strain name is no indication of potency or growth performance. Also, all cubensis strains take eactly the same food, temperatures, humidities, ect. They're all equally easy to grow.

The best way to pic a strain is to just go into the grow logs, find a name that appears on alot of grows you like, and order that. Will yours look the same? Probably not, but at least you can get past the indecision that way.

The most important thing about pores is that you buy them from a good vendor. Look at the sponsors section of this site. Or even better, look at the sponsors board. You can see the flood of people posting their experiences with these companies. We routinely hear complaints of bad syringes from other companies. I know at least one sponsor got booted from this site when their customer service dropped the ball.

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Dehydrator, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation