Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineGreatGigInTheSky
Stranger
Loc: Earth
D M T
    #4124021 - 05/02/05 04:05 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I have been reading about DMT, and talking to people who have used DMT numerous times... and although the effects of DMT sound extrodinary, nobody seems to be able to tell me if it is a safe drug or not. And by safe, I don't mean that it won't harm me, because all drugs do a minimal amount of harm to us. But does anyone know of any long-term risks of using DMT? If anyone could help me out that would be great. I'd like to know anything and everything the people on this board know about DMT and its risks.

--------------------
All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration, we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: D M T [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4124090 - 05/02/05 04:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

GreatGigInTheSky said:
And by safe, I don't mean that it won't harm me, because all drugs do a minimal amount of harm to us. But does anyone know of any long-term risks of using DMT?

yea that water....i hate the minimal harm it does on us.... :wink:

anyways, why dont you hang out on erowid more or maybe read some books on the tons and tons of people who have been using ayahuasca for like 1000 years (not sure how long they actually have been, but a long time)....maybe they give info on any long term effects those people got (though ive read a lot but i know of none)

terrence mckenna died of a brain tumor
but you dont hear of many other dmt users dying of brain tumors so  :confused:

im guessing the worst part of it for you is inhaling that harsh smoke

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Edited by Slipknot420 (05/02/05 04:27 PM)

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: D M T [Re: Help on the Way]
    #4124721 - 05/02/05 06:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

are you referring to smoked dmt or ingested? you have to be careful about where you get freebase smokable DMT as it can be dirty more often that not.

*some* drugs cause damage- all pharms/synth's, some naturals. ingested weed, shrooms, and DMT dont. these chemicals are naturally present in your body, cept for psilo, which is nearly identical to DMT, but not present in the body.

comon, we all know mckenna died of a brain tumor caused by repeated alien anal probing. all that anal radiation must have traveled to his head. 2012 hahahahahahahahahahahahaa.

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: D M T [Re: Abermelin]
    #4124738 - 05/02/05 06:49 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Just because a substance is a "drug" doesn't mean it will cause damage to you, yes, even synthetic drugs.

What do you mean the by DMT can be dirty more often than not?

As far as drugs go, do your research and remember, "moderation is key".

Concerning DMT, you should not have a problem, as long as you are mentally sound.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: D M T [Re: gdman]
    #4124766 - 05/02/05 06:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

DMT is a naturally ocurring chemical in the brain of every Homo Sapien. It occurs in a vast number of plants all over the world as well from certain grasses to vines and tropical plants.

It is probably the safest chemical to ingest that there is, in my reading.

Stop by ayahuasca.com for information on DMT as well, or www.dmtworld.org

Oh, and probably the best source of information about this molecule is the book DMT: The Spirit Molecule by Rick Strassman, M.D. It documents his research in the first (and last?) government-funded DMT research project. It is an incredible book.

Edited by myndreach (05/02/05 07:48 PM)

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: Behind the Redwoods
Re: D M T [Re: GreatGigInTheSky]
    #4125682 - 05/02/05 10:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

DMT will not hurt you but it most definitely will change you. Do not take it unless you are ready to have every aspect of your idea of self and everything you know as "real" shattered into fractal dust. DMT is no joke. You will know right away that this is serious business. Do your homework then make a conscious decision whether to proceed or not. Best wishes. Peace :sun:

--------------------

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: D M T [Re: muistrue]
    #4125709 - 05/02/05 10:18 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

yea i wonder if people realize the seriousness of dmt

i sure as hell didnt

:shocked:

--------------------

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

#4125816 - 05/02/05 10:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That's the thing with DMT. It's not all fun and games. When you go under it is as serious as death. That's pretty serious. There's no turning back you go all the way. Ready or not. And you are always not. You can't be ready for a ride like that. You are so completely done for.

--------------------

OfflineBorgFace
PEENTASTIC
Loc: Australia
    #4125841 - 05/02/05 10:42 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There is only really one way to learn that though, through experience.

--------------------
Give me an ounce of civet, good apothecary, to sweeten my imagination!

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: D M T [Re: BorgFace]
    #4126005 - 05/02/05 11:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

One day I'll grow the proper grass and extract DMT. It is something I'd really like to try.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Re: D M T [Re: MeThoD]
    #4126032 - 05/02/05 11:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ive never done an extraction so im not sure ... but i think the grass has a lot of 5meo in it also?????

--------------------

Invisiblemuistrue
Inspired by the mystery
 User Gallery

Re: D M T [Re: MeThoD]
    #4126086 - 05/02/05 11:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Use mimosa hostilis root bark for the extraction.

Yes the grass has 5-meo :thumbdown:

--------------------

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: D M T [Re: muistrue]
    #4127854 - 05/03/05 01:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The worst thing that DMT can do to you is throw your current system of beliefs right out the window and replace it with something a whole lot stranger.

This might not be a bad thing but it also might not help you if you're trying to blend in as a "normal" member of society.

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Re: D M T [Re: bluedolphin]
    #4129328 - 05/03/05 07:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

most DMT you run into is kitchen chemist DMT. kitchen DMT = dirty. Inquire about the source of DMT and make sure that its synth'd, or know the person who extracted it and question them on their chemistry background.

OfflineJMP
user-friendly
Re: D M T [Re: Abermelin]
    #4129417 - 05/03/05 07:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I donno...I've used dozens of times now & I'm fine(twitch,twitch)aaaahahahaha!!! :dumblol:

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: D M T [Re: JMP]
    #4132621 - 05/04/05 12:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Abermelin>most DMT you run into is kitchen chemist DMT. kitchen DMT = dirty
Right....... ooops i meant Wrong :wink:

>>Inquire about the source of DMT and make sure that its synth'd, or know the person who extracted it and question them on their chemistry background.

Anybody can do a clean extraction in there home, aslong as they put time and care into it and have a quality tec to follow. Doing some research on the rhodium archives wouldnt hurt either.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies