Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Agaricus campestris??? Pics Meadow Mushroom
    #4121426 - 05/01/05 11:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

These have always been around when i was growing up and yesterday i saw a few popping up through the gravel but there were weeds growing about.
Temps 50-70
Gills were pink when young
Spore print is chocolate brown
No yellowish bruising
smell is pleasent, just like portabellas

Is it it? I know its dry. I would only eat a few types of mushrooms that i picked and i dont think this is one of them. Too many poisonous white mushrooms out. I would eat ps. cyans, azurescens, fibs, cubes, and morels. Those are easy to id

A little dry

the mature gills

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: Agaricus campestris??? Pics Meadow Mushroom [Re: tahoe]
    #4123402 - 05/02/05 01:00 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

If it's dried out at all then the bruising reaction will be unreliable. Agaricus campestris typically has a fairly soft texture, one of the softest among Agaricus. Also, it is one of the smaller species of Agaricus. A likely (common) species is Agaricus bisporus, which occurs all over from escaping into the wild from commercial mushrooms being thrown out.

Agaricus is a difficult genus to identify species in accurately. David Arora (author of Mushrooms Demystified) refers to them as the "lose your lunch bunch" because so many of them cause upset stomach. Fortunately, Agaricus don't get more poisonous than that, so you're not risking your life trying them, and identifying that they are in the genus Agaricus is easy.

If they smell good that is usually a good sign. If you want to try eating it, cook a small amount thoroughly and eat a piece smaller than your thumbnail. If you don't feel sick by the next day then you can eat the rest of the mushroom.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Invisibletahoe
Noob Slayer
Male User Gallery

Loc: N38.93829W119.98108
Re: Agaricus campestris??? Pics Meadow Mushroom [Re: ToxicMan]
    #4123870 - 05/02/05 03:15 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Im not eating it! I will get some fresh specimens once they come up. I usally have a shit load of shaggies and these growing in the yard in spring and fall

--------------------
Stop experimenting half way through your first grow. Grow it to maturity, watch it, learn from it. Do this a few times then experiment with different ideas and figure out what works best for you.

My Legacy
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/22140987#22140987

Teh=The
I need to proofread

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck