Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Loc: In The Mycelial Network
Running out of incubation options
    #4122736 - 05/02/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ive tried:

putting the jars in a warm water bath, bad idea.

making a heatbomb with a fish tank heater and a water bottle. does nothing to change temperature when placed inside a cooler and lid tightly shut.
---------------------------

cant do a TiT cause its to bulky, i already have too much crap, and the heat bomb has shown me that water to air heat exchange doesnt work.

ive considered buying a heat blanket, but i have no idea if i can get a blanket that can sit around 86F. does anyone know of one that can do this? do blankets have steady temperatures?

any other ideas? i would put them in my room which sits around 80F, but that would expose them to light, and my two thermometers cant agree on a temperature, one sits at 80 while the other sits at 70, so i dont think that would even help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline88mustanggt

Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: Abermelin]
    #4122820 - 05/02/05 10:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i use a heater blanket for what ever its worth

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: 88mustanggt]
    #4122867 - 05/02/05 10:37 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

buy a heating pad and use a medium sized rubbermaid ro sterilite container on top of it, thats what im using, works great, and dont forget to add some perlite and watetr to the incubator

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4122917 - 05/02/05 10:52 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

why would i want to add perilite and water? its water being in my incubation chamber which has caused 99% of my contams.

88- how is your blanket setup? can you regulate the temperature of it? what are the settings? you get any hotspots on it? how much did it cost?

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #4123292 - 05/02/05 12:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

cant do a TiT cause its to bulky, i already have too much crap

make a small TIT.

it doesn't have to be a large one.

what size jars are you using?

and how many do you want to incubate at a time?

---

if you used 2...3 gallon rubbermaids...with a small submersible aquarium heater.
like a 50 watt or 75 watt heater.

you could do alot of 1/2 pint wide mouth jars.

you could even fit 1/2 pint tall jars in the 3 gallon rubbermaid.

something to consider if you don't have alot of room around your place.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4123309 - 05/02/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a couple more idea's for you.

you can leave your jars in a box...and put them on top of your refrigerator.
the heat from the frig will colonize your jars.

if you have a cabinet over the frig...you can put the jars in the cabinet...and they will colonize.

I have a friend that does this.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: Roadkill]
    #4123689 - 05/02/05 02:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

10-20 1/2 pints, i cant put the jars in a box on my fridge cause i dont own the house, and thats not very discreet having a big box on the fridge. i dont have a cabinet over it either.

i have enough problems buying stuff, and ive already said before that if my heatbomb method doesnt work, the TiT isnt going to work, as they are practically the same thing.

so the blanket is basically my only option. can anyone answer my questions on the blanket idea?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4123699 - 05/02/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
why would i want to add perilite and water? its water being in my incubation chamber which has caused 99% of my contams.

then add bleach or h2o2 to the water, hasnt caused me any contams yet and it prevents the jars from drying out. h2o2 would be preferable i think so that no bleach precipitateds inside the jars.

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #4123700 - 05/02/05 02:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Abermelin said:
i have enough problems buying stuff, and ive already said before that if my heatbomb method doesnt work, the TiT isnt going to work, as they are practically the same thing.

Sorry, but that's incorrect. They're really not the same thing at all. With the heat bomb, there is VERY LITTLE surface area exposed to the air... so your heat transfer surface is limited to the exterior of a small bottle. with a TiT, the entire inner tub's inner surface is your heat transfer surface. This is MUCH more effective.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4123714 - 05/02/05 02:28 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

^^^ :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #4123717 - 05/02/05 02:29 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

10-20 1/2 pints

then the small 3 gallon rubbermaid TIT would be perfect for you.

if that is too big...you really don't have enough room to be growing..IMHO

take care!~

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Brainiac said:

OfflineAbermelin
Gnome Hat

Re: Running out of incubation options [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4123725 - 05/02/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i see.... well, ill consider it, but its going to be difficult finding a container that fits nicely in another larger solid colored container without the whole setup being retardedly large and noticable.

InvisibleQuiescence
Intriguer

How I use my heat blanket. [Re: Abermelin]
    #4123739 - 05/02/05 02:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I too have to be very discreet in my operations. I have a heat blanket with multiple settings. Warm-Low-Med-High. Warm is cooler than low.. but I am sure this varries by blanket. I just put the blanket in my closet.. and then kept putting objects on top of it until my bucket(incubator) was at the right temp. Be careful using the blanket 24/7 ... it can easily raise the temps way above 90 and kill everything.

--------------------
God raised up the fellow who was relaxed in the company of tax collectors, prostitutes and other outsiders, and went on to say that many of them would be welcomed to God?s banquet table long before those self-righteous people on display at church.

Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags