Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMeraok
swiming throughacedia

Trains
    #4121210 - 05/01/05 10:05 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

People are assholes. They keep friendships with people based on convienence and pity, but then break that frienship for the same reasons. How can you just stop talking to someone? How can you come to the conclusion that you don't like someone? It is pretty easy, supposedly, if their characteristics are that which you don't enjoy. Still, It doesn't sit easily.

There is this man, his name is Shirly.

People are also assholes because they don't think about others. How often do you see someone holding a door, now-a-days? How often do you offer to give someone a hand if you see them with a handful of groceries? Of course they would be warry, and that's the problem. Where have we gone where humans are not here to help eachother, but we are here to take advantage of eachother. Sordid.

I'm an asshole. Not because I don't hold doors; I do, in fact, hold doors. I'm an asshole becuase I destroyed a friendship. I don't have any respect for this person, so it was unhealthy. He's mad, now. He doesn't get it. Me? I don't feel any empathy. I'm free, and I don't have to hold his hand anymore. Aren't I suppose to think about his feelings, though? Aren't I suppose to hold the door for him?

I didn't want to say anything about trains. I'm sorry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineemptywisdom
simple being oflight
 User Gallery

Loc: Lemuria
Re: Trains [Re: Meraok]
    #4121305 - 05/01/05 10:41 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

trains are loosing steam

people are wonderfull, assholes remain the exception, though they are ever growing in numbers.

Friendship is ever fragil, it is upon you to keep it holy, To quote a source I do not recolect, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" (shit, actually, I think that was Ghandi)

Be a good friend to all who cross your path, mabey this energy will spread a little, that is the most one can hope for.

--------------------

OfflineTodcasil
rogue DMT elf
Female User Gallery

Loc: Crawling on the floor...
    #4121333 - 05/01/05 10:50 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

you dont have to hold his hand to be his friend.

--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.

~Casil

:cactus:

OfflineHooty
Reality isRelative

Re: Trains [Re: Todcasil]
    #4123388 - 05/02/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I hear that train a' comin'
it's rollin' 'round the bend
and I ain't seen the sunshine
since I don't know when

I'm stuck in Folsom Prison
and life keeps draggin on
but that train keeps a' rollin'
on down to San Antone.

-John R. Cash

--------------------

Without love in the dream
It will never come true

OfflineOddish
Bulbasaur!
Male

#4123426 - 05/02/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Why don't you have any respect for him?

OfflineMeraok
swiming throughacedia

Re: Trains [Re: Oddish]
    #4124407 - 05/02/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Ok. This is somewhat of a long and involved story, but I'll try to give you the gist since curiosity has taken over and destroyed cheese.

This kid is an emotional mess. Basically, I think of him as the stereo-typical female. (And, while dealing with him, I realize that females are not as simple or irrational as men say, a lot of the time. I have a lot of respect for females. They are better than I in a lot of respects.) He will play mind games, just so you pay attention to him, and he'll cry on a whim. His favorite game is not saying 'ANYTHING' when he's mad. What does he get mad at? "Why didn't you say hi to me, today?" Ok. It's really like having a girlfriend without getting laid.

I don't respect him because he is static. I've only known him for 8 months, but through that time, he has quasi-threatened suicide multiple times, he has gotten drunk to the point of blacking out innumerable times, and he has been more of a chore than a friend. He has annoying characteristics, too, as everyone does, but his only personify his static personality. His jokes never change, and are always some pop-culture reference. Hell, not even a reference, but a direct quote from a movie, or song.

Last weekend was the last straw. Someone said that I don't need to hold his hand. Well, you should tell him that. Inebriation was running rampant, and he was drinking way too much. I made a plea for him to slow down, and he took it seriously, for the first time ever. After that he demanded that me and another friend of ours hold his hand, for two hours. Yes. I had to hold his FUCKING hand, for two hours. During which time, I was trying to 'help' him out, but he just went in circles. I don't have to deal with that.

So, maybe I'm a bad person. Maybe I should be more compassionate. However, maybe this kid should grow up without grabbing peoples shoulders and pushing them down.

He confronted me, today, and asked me why I wasn't talking to him. I was cordial, but I didn't say much. He started to cry, again. I walked away whistling.

OfflineQuantumMeltdown
Space Monkey
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    #4124448 - 05/02/05 05:35 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Your friend sounds like he has the ghey from your description.

--------------------
-QuantumMeltdown

Total abstinence is so excellent a thing that it cannot be carried to too great an extent. In my passion for it I even carry it so far as to totally abstain from total abstinence itself.
  -Mark Twain

"The time has come the walrus said, little oysters  hide their heads, my Twain of thought is loosely bound I guess its time to Mark this down, Be good and you will be lonesome
Be lonesome and you will be free
Live a lie and you will live to regret it
That's what livin' is to me
That's what livin' is to me"
Jimmy Buffett

OfflineTrainwreck
No. Really.

Loc: Southern California
    #4124455 - 05/02/05 05:37 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Welcome to planet earth.

Don't worry. It's a short stay.

OfflineAlthea
Stranger
Loc: On some high cold mountai...
Re: Trains [Re: Trainwreck]
    #4124515 - 05/02/05 05:56 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I have a friend like that, I avoid him a lot now because he brings me down. And I'm a positive person for the most part. I have learned to avoid him and my life has become much simpler, no midnight phone calls telling me how no one likes him and how he needs somone to hold his hand.

Whatever, you need to learn to hold your own hand.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom