Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMovingTarget

Loc: temporary
It gets harder each time
    #4122954 - 05/02/05 11:02 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Ive taken mushrooms a lot of times, a couple trips were so strong I was semi concious at points and unable to do much at all.  No idea what reality was, or time, or who I was for those phases.  These trips were amazing at the same time, but equally frightening and the body discomfort was very hard to deal with, quite painfull in fact.

Since these strong trips I cant seem to enjoy the mush as much anymore, the trips will still be nice, but I cant stop thinking about the scarier moments and dark feelings ive experienced.  During the come ups I'm now extremely nervous  :confused:  Unlike the first trip for me which was probably the most enjoyable, even though not the strongest by far.

I would like to be able to experience strong trips again, I just dont know though,  The anxiety(especially when I realise 10 mins after consumption that its going to be another epic mindfuck) and body discomfort just seem not worth it. 

I dont know if anyone can relate to this, well I know all of you have experienced it but did you ever find it this bad?  Were you able to overcome it?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: MovingTarget]
    #4123042 - 05/02/05 11:23 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Take a lower dose.

I think you'll find what you're looking for if you take a bit less than what you normally take.

Offlinebluedolphin

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4123184 - 05/02/05 12:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

You sound like me... after a few really hard trips on shrooms the experience tends to have a lot of anxiety and a rough comeup, and I don't take them very often anymore.

But if you are like me you should, if you haven't already, explore the cosmic world of LSD. LSD has shown me so much more than mushrooms did, and it's a much smoother and more controllable ride.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #4123188 - 05/02/05 12:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I seem to be really sensitive to psilocin.... I hope in the future I'll be able to enjoy stronger trips more.

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: bluedolphin]
    #4123200 - 05/02/05 12:08 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

LSD is hard to find round here.

--------------------

OfflineSWEDEN
Miracle of Science

Loc: PNW
    #4123231 - 05/02/05 12:14 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I can find LSD, but I am worried about trying it, I hear more about bad acid trips than bad shroom trips. Thoughts?

--------------------

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4123280 - 05/02/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Go for it.

You'll regret it later if you don't.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: SWEDEN]
    #4123281 - 05/02/05 12:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've never tried it either, all the people I know who have tried both say that acid is less of a headfuck. But Ive heard it can somehow fuck you up more in the longterm? I really have no idea what to believe.

--------------------

Invisiblemyndreach
philosopher
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #4123427 - 05/02/05 01:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

In my experience (dozens of times with lsd and psilocybin) I would say that LSD is much harsher and nowhere near as clean and pure and good as mushrooms. LSD is much more of a "headfuck".

Work with smaller doses. You will find the lower doses can be as much, if not more, insightful than larger doses.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: myndreach]
    #4123953 - 05/02/05 03:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

YMMV... In my experience, LSD is a LOT less of a mindfuck than shrooms.

I always find that I have a mental clarity on LSD which is why I don't smoke pot during the peak; only on the comedown to get back up. It's very much like mescaline.. things that are already there will warp, lots of colors, etc. Unlike the time on shrooms you saw tentacles come out of the ceiling and wrap around your body and it felt like you couldn't breathe. Don't get me wrong, high enough of a dose and you'll be consumed in OEVs.

I had a bad experience with mushrooms and I didn't do them for ~1 year. I had a snowflake pattern stuck in my vision and thought either a) my friend had slipped contacts in my eyes b) that my eyes were permanently damaged or c) scratching at my eyes to remove aforementioned contacts damaged them forever. Bad trip ensued, thought loops, etc. I let my head get the better of myself.

I dosed them again a few weeks ago and they kicked my mental state back into shape. It actually took a strong shroom trip to help get me off these horrid anti-anxiety meds that are slowly eating my life (and memory) away.

Shrooms will let you know when it's time to stop. Doesn't mean its a permanent thing. I thought I'd never be able to eat them again, but they found me, and treated me well.

Quote:

(especially when I realise 10 mins after consumption that its going to be another epic mindfuck)

Mistake #1. Setting yourself up for a bad trip.

InvisibleMovingTarget

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: Adden]
    #4124096 - 05/02/05 04:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I felt a month ago that I wouldnt be able to shroom again, and this was some time after my last big trip, but now I definetly feel myself being drawn back to the psilocinning.

'Mistake #1. Setting yourself up for a bad trip'

I couldnt help that, before I dosed I was confident, its only after 10 mins when I know that I'm going to loose my mind very soon that the anxiety sets in. Its a mixture of the memory of being totally lost and confused etc and the body discomfort. My plan now is to gradually build up again to normal doses.

--------------------

InvisibleMovingTarget

#4124108 - 05/02/05 04:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"Unlike the time on shrooms you saw tentacles come out of the ceiling and wrap around your body and it felt like you couldn't breathe. Don't get me wrong, high enough of a dose and you'll be consumed in OEVs.
"

Are you talking about a post I made a few months ago? Where I had a trip that this happened, well I wasnt actually considering this trip as one of the biggies hehe. although it was intense

--------------------

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
    #4124161 - 05/02/05 04:33 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

s2dope said:
YMMV... In my experience, LSD is a LOT less of a mindfuck than shrooms.

I concur.

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

OfflineRainbowDrops
Technicolormindsets &prismed sweatbeads
Female

Loc: Florida
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: RainbowDrops]
    #4124175 - 05/02/05 04:35 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

For me it seems like w/ mushrooms I have these nonstop & quick thought patterns just rushing at me. W/ acid I was more focused w/ visuals & emotion, though mushrooms can be very emotional. W/ acid, though, it seemed to be more positive emotion while mushies were all over the map. That's just me though.

--------------------
mmmm, spacecake

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4124189 - 05/02/05 04:37 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Wow that's real weird man, I had a trip like that and use it casually as a reference for the difference between shrooms/LSD visuals & trips...

InvisibleMovingTarget

#4124228 - 05/02/05 04:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I was seeing tentacle patterns in thin air for days after that trip.

--------------------

Edited by MovingTarget (05/02/05 04:47 PM)

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4124232 - 05/02/05 04:46 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Good times!!

InvisibleMovingTarget

#4124238 - 05/02/05 04:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

crazy times :laugh:

--------------------

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
    #4124250 - 05/02/05 04:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Something I forgot to mention, and this works well for my friend, is just enjoying the mushroom by itself. Smoke on the comedown..

It's really easy to lose control mixing, which I learned the hard way my last trip. Didn't go bad, but wasn't manageable.. and could have turned out a lot more positive rather than a strong kick in the ass.

Invisiblepurpledropper
 User Gallery
    #4126082 - 05/02/05 11:45 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I know exactly what you mean about hte anxiety of coming up. It seems that I forget how it is to be beshroomed and as soom as i get hte first waves of it Im thinking "oh fuck kyle, why did you do this again?". I go into with the greatest confidence but then without fail Ill get that feeling. On some of my more recent lower dose trips, it is much less and I can get around it, but always that uncomfortable feeling. I dont really have any advice for you excpet for that im going to keep at it, whether or not thats a good idea or not. Good luck to you and I hope it eventually gets back to that of your first trip.

Offlinedanlennon3
LivingIsEasyWithEyesClosed.....
Male User Gallery

Loc: usa Flag
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: purpledropper]
    #4126232 - 05/03/05 12:21 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

the only time i had a bad experience is when i see other people having a bad experience. i feel as if i can handle it better than they are but it makes my time unenjoyable... but im glad their sanity went back

--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"

OfflineDeadmaker
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: danlennon3]
    #4126677 - 05/03/05 05:57 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Someday, hopefully I'll get the chance to try out LSD. It's impossible to find here. Well, I'm sure it's here, I just don't know where.

I love the mushroom and have found every experience to be wonderful.

OfflineAJ666
Stranger
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: Deadmaker]
    #4273826 - 06/08/05 09:45 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I get the same feeling of anxiety when i do mushrooms as well, and the same, "oh fuck why did i do this thought". The last couple times ive done mushrooms ive dosed about 2.5-4 g dry each time, and one time lost sense of reality, and my friend had to talk to me till i was good to go again. I was also thinking about doing them again, and have heard (from posts on here) that to get back into it again you should start with low doses and work up.
also what are the chances of loss of reality on about 1g? or anything bad happening?

OfflineMeThoD
MeThoD

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: AJ666]
    #4274228 - 06/08/05 11:18 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

It's the soft trips that get to me. If I have gut rot but nothing too interesting to look at, I'm more focused on the gut rot. But I'm seeing cool stuff, I can forget about the gut rot.

Just try not to think about it. What I do during the come up is just say to myself that in a half hour everything is gonna be hella nuts, so I won't have to be concerned with the discomfort. I wish that was true last time, I was lied to about the potency of my shrooms :frown:.

--------------------
Every empty bowl must be filled, and a full bowl must always be emptied.

Offlineryanvergel
qdbpqdbp
Male

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: MeThoD]
    #4274287 - 06/08/05 11:38 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Mushrooms seem much safer/easier than Acid.

Not only is acid difficult to find, but how can you even tell it's good acid. At least with shrooms you can hunt/grow them yourself, but you have to assume the acid you get is good, and that it isn' bunk.

And I still don't know if there are any adverse effects of LSD. Mushrooms have no long-term physical effects, but i don't know about LSD.

--------------------
So it goes.

Offlinescarymidgets
hobbies consumeyou or youconsume them..
 User Gallery

Loc: brains bad
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: ryanvergel]
    #4274382 - 06/09/05 12:24 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

i noticed  when i had  done acid in the past that  it was  more an inner trip having conversations with yourself answering  questions as you ask them ..total  mind fuck 
its easy to see how some people with an unprepared mind could  flip out

as far a personal preference
if it can not  formed naturally  its not goin to be consumed by me

shrooms the  way to  go .. acid  these days just isn't reliable
"least in my general area"

and yes  you can do to much shrooms and have a  bad time.
best to build up then  freak out  :smile:

--------------------
PLs People this a drug info site some people may be on drugs. /flameing might make you feel smart but makes you look dumb.

cant stop me if i eat your soul.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: scarymidgets]
    #4274570 - 06/09/05 01:40 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

in my experience, acid is easier to take than a comparable dose of mushrooms. personally, i'd be more likely to have a 'bad trip' with mushrooms than acid.

LSD, like mushrooms, does not cause long-term physical effects.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#4274996 - 06/09/05 06:14 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Since these strong trips I cant seem to enjoy the mush as much anymore, the trips will still be nice, but I cant stop thinking about the scarier moments and dark feelings ive experienced. During the come ups I'm now extremely nervous  Unlike the first trip for me which was probably the most enjoyable, even though not the strongest by far.

Aren't you glad you took those high doses?  :frown:

You lost *basic trust* and it will likely take a long time to regain that, if at all.

One gram can cast you into Hell: there's no safety in numbers.

Please click "Best Tripping Manual" in my signature, download the PDF book, print it and read it. Best advice I can give, really.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

InvisibleStickyWater
Stranger
Re: It gets harder each time [Re: Asante]
    #4275386 - 06/09/05 10:21 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Edited by StickyWater (05/03/08 12:08 AM)

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: StickyWater]
    #4275580 - 06/09/05 11:19 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Thats a trick to sneak around the fear. It's not confronting the fear, which is the only way out. You can't expect to trick yourself and get away with it every time!

The high doses have awoken his worst fears. He now has to overcome his worst fears, which is a great opportunity, but a great challenge too.
See you at the brink of Ego Death  :heart:

Many people get upset when they walk among strangers while getting high on psychedelics.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Edited by Asante (06/09/05 11:21 AM)

Invisibleboeha
explorer

#4275646 - 06/09/05 11:34 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I know exactly what the threadstarter is talking about.

One trip after a painful badtrip; I had that anxiety which made the trip far, far less enjoyable. That thought that the trip could get bad would pop into my head once in a while eventhough I had a positive mindset.

But my mistake: I smoked weed on the come-up : big no-no !!! I instantly had a full blown flashback to the badtrip; and that horrible feeling didn't go away until the acid started kicking in and the effects of the weed wore off.
I found out that cannabis can be a very, very big rod up the ass when it comes to generating a memory or feeling. (it can be good, but it can be very bad too.)

Here's my plan to overcome that anxiety:
1) Have more trust in myself, during normal life and in trips.

2) Never try to shake off fear or anxiety, because that is exactly what fear is: running away from things. Next thing you know; you're running away from the fear of fear that something fearful might happen... So never try to fight it by trying to desperately thinking positive to avoid thinking negative thoughts.

3) You must understand what is happening. The way I see it: If you have had a very bad trip; that trip is permanently part of yourself, part of your ego... And if you create the same mindset (tripping), your ego will try to defend itself by saying: you had a horrible experience: now you will have it again!
What I'm saying is: I think it's a fight between free will, memory and the moment. So what I think is necessary: is always remembering that the bad experience happened, but that it isn't necessary to make it hard on yourself by obsessing about it.

4) if you act out the 3 steps as above, I think you should be able to easily diminish that pre-tripping anxiety fast; because once you remembered how to relax again (eventhough you had a bad experience), it shouldn't be very hard to do so on future trips.
Tripping is all about learning; and sometimes it's learning things about learning things. :smile:

Peace out!

--------------------
- turn on, tune in, drop out ...
- peace, love and understanding ...

OfflineOakbear
Trust me, I'm anurse!
Male

Loc: UK
    #4280798 - 06/10/05 04:56 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

--------------------
UK Gathering? http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/6108350/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

"I'm no fucking Buddhist, but this is enlightenment"

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: It gets harder each time [Re: Oakbear]
    #4282788 - 06/11/05 08:51 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

I agree with Wiccan Seeker- do not try to avoid the fear. If you find tricks of getting around the fear while tripping, you will fool yourself into thinking you have overcome the fear. Then on a higher dosage it may hit you full force again or stronger and it could be very uncomfortable.

I suggest that you try low dosages (a 1 or 2 on the shroomery scale). The trip is shorter on these dosages, and I think it is easier to focus your mind at these dosages as well. In my experience fear and anxiety manifest themselves in the body and this is readily seen while tripping. Pay attention to the way your body feels. Two important things I've noticed are posture and breath. Try to sit or stand or lay so that your body is as comfortable as possible. Then notice how good it feels to breathe. Yoga is great for focusing your awareness on your body and your breath. If you did yoga before and during the trip I think you would find a huge difference.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag