Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Lightning Strikes.........
    #4122331 - 05/02/05 08:43 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:gd_icon: Lightning seems to hit quite a bit of senses if you think about it....  :gd_icon:

Sight:
You see for a moment, or two as the are sometimes flashes of dancing branches, a spectacle of electric light in flowing channels created by themselves carving a path into the night sky for you and I....  A build up of temperature changes and the friction of water droplets of some manifested clouds of the imagination of our wondering eyes....  All at peace, but a building of tension folds upon itself until a moment of collapse at the pinnacle of a heightened dynamically building symphony....  In one seeming moment it finally and triumphantly all lets loose as the pillows of gaseous water clouds reach for the ground in the blink of an eye....  Not only do you see the source of the light energy itself, but you see everything else for a moment as the night shy and ground is for an instant lightened by the luminous event unfolding it's deepest folds....  It is a different light that the sun, so everything looks a bit different in that split moment....  The leaves of a tree look a bit darker, and the clouds look a bit different too being lit from a fire down below.... 
Sound:
Deepending on how far the bolt is from you, and as a measurement for that distance is a pause between the strike and the thunder that is soon to rock the sound barrier....    Seemingly starting at the top end of frequencies and splitting the night open with sound, from the top to the bottom as the high pitched crack crescendos into a low but loud thumping rumble....  A rumble that shakes EVERYTHING to it's core being....  If you are in a house, this is very evident as the shit on the walls shake and vibrate all the way to thru the foundation...!  :scrambled:  If you are outside, you can hear the echoes of the thunder bouncing off of everything for a while before it fades, almost like the echoing ripples of a smooth surface of water as a drop hits it's surface....  Forever spreading out until the energy gets absorbed by everything it come into contact with....  It would be quite magnificent to be able to see this in a full 3D mode of viewing the sound waves as an observer....
Feeling/eMotion:
There is always(for me) a sense of AWE and Mystique from experiencing such a wonderful display of power and might as presented by a sort of ballerina of the light, giving a very specific yet delicate performance of beauty and grace....  Me, always waiting for the next dance of fire in the sky by the next performer....  Sometimes the sounds are so ear piercing or startling that it makes the hairs on your body stand up on alert....!  :eek:  Always wishing the moments could last forever as I sit there curled up in my own little "safe" world, as narrated by me - without a word of silence.... 
Smells:
Aaaahhh, the smells always bring you back to pureness and clarity....  That fresh smell in the air, different from that of the morning, but just as refreshing nonetheless....  I am assuming it is a combination of rain and the ozone made by the lightning that makes that fresh smell in the air that seems to stick to your soul....  I often associate the colors blue and white to "fresh"....  Green seems to be a lively cleansing color, but that is for another topic....  :wink:    It is a feeling or mood that is like the little "clean" white puffy kind of clouds on an otherwise clear sunny day - perhaps this would be considered a "mood" that is set as an impression....
Taste:
Well, the next time I eat a lightning bolt, I will let you all know what it tastes like....!  :grin:    I am pretty sure that it has got to be more energizing than a Scooby snack....!?    :lol:
:zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom:  :zoom: 
So I sit here at my computer typing this, sitting in thirst for the next first storm of the new spring....  Toes nestled into the back part of the little wrinkled mat that lines the wooden floor, softened by the nest of fallen dust bunny cat hair - making it very very soft on my toes....  :grin:  And my mind not really thinking persay, just recalling the reflection of memories of a storm, on a different endless day....    :sun:

:gd_icon::heartpump::sun::heartpump::gd_icon:

Pictures of the lightning were from this site....:  http://stormguy.com/site/

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: Lightning Strikes......... [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4122336 - 05/02/05 08:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

hmmm..
I sense a pattern

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology