Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
entheogenic cannabis use
    #4121755 - 05/02/05 02:53 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

i was wondering if any users out there use cannabis for entheogenic (non recreational) purposes? any thoughts on this?

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShagshow
Sit on It

Re: entheogenic cannabis use [Re: crunchytoast]
    #4121761 - 05/02/05 02:55 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Sure...It helps you fall asleep, it can cure a headache, it is a tonic for the system (Speeds up metablism, hence the munchies)...

OfflineSprings
Mine(d)
Male User Gallery

Loc: sky hi
Re: entheogenic cannabis use [Re: Shagshow]
    #4121818 - 05/02/05 03:06 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Any decent sativa buds or even better a sat dominate hash session deffinatly has what it takes. Ive defeinalty been able to get very high from mj, its different of course to any other drug but to use a comparison I'd say a 1.5 or 2 gram mushroom trip equivilent(for me of course)

Every morning I will smoke and meditate, and its amazing and Ive had some 100% indi for a long as time cant wait to get some more sats!

I would defeinatly say way more usefull used as a entheogen than a recreational drug, mainly Id say because it is a entheogen unlike say alchohol.

OfflineKerr
Who else would I be

Loc: My roots in the Koots
Re: entheogenic cannabis use [Re: Springs]
    #4127376 - 05/03/05 01:05 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Entheo=spirit within
gen=to create

IME, I have had some very profound experiences while under the influence of marijuana. When I first started smoking I had many revelations about my life, our lives, religion, conformity and other such aspects of this world. I started writing in a notebook and had filled it up within half a year.

Now I find that my revelations are very few are far between. It seems to me that maybe I had some catching up to do on my views when I started smoking. But now I get somewhat dissapointed at how I am not learning as much from marijuana as I used to, maybe I am looking for it too much.

One of my problems was that I was living at home with parents and sibling. This setting is not ideal in my opinion to further my spiritual path. Too many distractions and other such activities. My father and brother are both regular smokers like me, but dont seem to have the same respect for it. They both use it medicinally to help treat depression and both love to grow, especially my brother Iain. But they dont seem to see the spiritual/religious side to her.

Now that I just moved out into an apartment with a buddy of mine(this past weeknend), I feel that I will be able to get back onto the path that I was on once before. The notebook that I mentioned before hasnt been written in for months, I used to write daily. I am also in the process of writing a creative story involving entheogens and other consciousness expanding tools, but as well havent written anything for that in months :frown:.

Well back to the entheogenic aspect of the herb, I am now very proud to say that I am back at using her for that very special purpose. :spliff: To many more written notebooks and stories :smile:

--------------------
"Easy going and organic thoughts bent on self experimentation and knowledge and growth for the betterment of self and those around us"
-Playdo the philosophiser

Offlineeggystardust
Viva elDirector!

Re: entheogenic cannabis use [Re: Kerr]
    #4127758 - 05/03/05 02:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I'm in the same boat Ryan, I just decided to give up my good friend Mary for awhile due to personal and legal reasons. I miss those days of extreme insight and depth into all aspects of the world people take for granted.

InvisibleDark_Star
dick butterfly
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Under the Grecian fog
    #4128125 - 05/03/05 04:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Marijuana is used for entheogenic purposes by many, I've had many psychedelic exeperiences while stoned. Hash is especially psychedelic, the most potent hash can make you telepathic. IMHO marijuana is one of the most underrated drugs....it gives a really nice high.

--------------------

Edited by Dark_Star (05/03/05 04:33 PM)

Offlinecrunchytoast
oppositional

Loc: aporia
Re: entheogenic cannabis use [Re: Dark_Star]
    #4129036 - 05/03/05 08:13 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

it's good to hear other people have had the same experiences as me. it does bum me out a little to see so many smokers who treat it like an alcohol alternative. nothing wrong with that but i think theyre missing out! back when i smoked regularly i would see my life/everything in a totally different light and completely forget it all when sober because i treated it as recreation. didnt smoke for years, then i smoked once, a few months ago with two kind souls god introduced my to. i was amazed when i came back to the plant, it really did have a lot to teach. it's touching to hear that dark star has had psychedelic experiences with it too. i am very sensitive to marijuana and thought i was alone.

--------------------
"consensus on the nature of equilibrium is usually established by periodic conflict." -henry kissinger

Invisiblebudsicle
s?igh?tsee?r

#4129087 - 05/03/05 08:29 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

yes, i used to smoke daily so much that it became just recreational activity but now i use it only once in a month or two for its psychedelic effects that btw are much stronger when you smoke every once in a while..

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience