Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenewjon
Stranger
tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line
    #4120061 - 05/01/05 06:27 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

apologies if this has been said by anyone in history before.  I haven't read any philosophy books yet, but i realise it's likely it's been said before, in fact, i know it has:
Existence is when God tries to explain everything to Itself.
When you understand fully, you die and so existence ends and then effectively it begins again, so you exist again.  Drugs seem to help lift this veil but your existence as you know it WILL end the moment you reach 100% understanding.  Obviously i'm not there yet either  :smile:
but i will get there IN THE END
see, circles again...but i figured out it's not just one circle, it's three circles, in constantly-shifting configurations.  Each represents a different level of consciousness
higher = in "heaven" until the end of the universe
lower = in "hell" until the end of the universe
middle = "God" watching over them both
and i just realise the simplest explanation of life on its own:
fuck yourself to get to heaven,
fuck everyone else to get to hell
or stay in purgatori
until the end of time
(excuse the language =+)
see, you can either realise every living thing is you (heaven)
or you can realise you are every living thing (hell)
or realise both (purgatori)
and the only way to end them all
is to release evey living thing inside you
including your soul
And when God releases it's soul
not a thing survives
then right away
everything is born again
the bad thing is
I now am pretty sure that there is simply existence, nothing else
that's it
existence is when i realise there's an infinite number of ways for it to begin
the end is when i realise there's an infinite number of ways for it to end
purgatori is realising both AND LOVING IT
everything in between is merely a selfish illusion
bring them all together,
and you have the twisted, fucked-up mess that is existence
how's that for beautiful? bet i sound wierd huh? i can assure you, i'm saner right now than i've ever been in my life.
I'm currently in purgatori.  How about you?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledblaney
Human Being

Loc: Here & Now
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: newjon]
    #4120155 - 05/01/05 06:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What if there is no such thing as a "god"?

--------------------
"What is in us that turns a deaf ear to the cries of human suffering?"

"Belief is a beautiful armor
But makes for the heaviest sword"
- John Mayer

Making the noise "penicillin" is no substitute for actually taking penicillin.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: dblaney]
    #4120201 - 05/01/05 06:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There is such thing as God, even if God is just an idea, or word.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4120224 - 05/01/05 06:44 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok i apologise, as i typed i thought of more ways to put it, etc.
If "I" could feel Itself, Its own life, It wouldn't bother with creation, with creating others. That's what's there between the end of existence and the beginning;
"I" feeling Itself and nothing else, not a thing. When It gets bored and tries to feel everything, all life, that's when the universe is created.
circles, glorious circles. Our consciouses are merely infinitesimally small specks in an infinitely vast higher conscious.
And i was wrong before, there are other universes. Every living thing is the universe. And so are you. We are all of us the universe, all at once, all at the same time, every living thing...you just have to go there

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4122254 - 05/02/05 05:34 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

nevermind, NOW my head is clear, i can sum up:
the secret to life, the universe, and everything, is when you realise that life, the universe, and everything are the only things worth having, as nothing else comes even close
they are one circle, one perfect circle, and the most perfect circle has to be the smallest circle there is, infinitesimally small. And yet, within it, we ourselves are even smaller. But that's because we're only one tiny fraction of the overall thing - "celestial being" maybe? - that IS life, the universe and everything.
It's so clear to me now. You may not be there yet, but one day, you *will* be, i can assure you - even if it takes the rest of your life.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4122266 - 05/02/05 05:44 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

last bit, I REALLY promise:
Even when you get there, sometimes you get bored, and decide to try just one of these things on its own. Right now, we're all trying life on its own.
When you die, you split in two - one of you goes to the universe (heaven), one of you goes back to life again (hell). So then you're feeling life AND the universe at once. Eventually, you realise that's still not quite enough. That's when you decide to end it all, then straight away it all begins again. Because, in all the time you spend feeling life, the universe, and everything, all together at once, there is no time, so it's simultaneously forever and never at all
All you can do, when you're tired of where you are, is spin yourself, and see where you land.

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4122456 - 05/02/05 08:27 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Never assume you are there. The circle keeps moving, man. We are on repeat.

Be careful, as one who straddles the line, let me tell you newjon, you are close to the edge. Do not take your own musings and revelations as complete truth, also do not take them as complete untruth. The middle road leads to the safe place, or purgatori as you call it. The extreme road leads to insanity, and you are close, it takes one to know one.
However, the good thing is that insanity and enlightenment are but two sides to the same coin, separated by only the thinnest line.

I myself, like to look at existence as Heaven. If we are always stuck in it, as it seems to me at this time, then why not embrace it for the best it can be? I mean our mind contains everything, it all shines out of the universal mind, so if everything comes out of there, are we not surrounded by our own creations, would that not in fact be a paradise in itself? Circles are really where its at, not in musing on the philosphical and trying to persude other people in normal language.

I wonder if anyone wants to solve this mystery of existence. Or if there is even a way to solve it. Or should we remain blissfully unaware, is the solution be in the mystery? It would seem so, that way we can be magically amused by the entire world that we brought out of our own consciousness.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: mecreateme]
    #4122601 - 05/02/05 09:28 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

heh, don't worry, i'm not about to kill myself, or anything along those lines.
I like how my mind feels pondering these things. One day i may find out if i'm right or not. In fact i think you are closer when you say everything is constantly changing. I think that maybe pure insanity is the point when you think you're even meant to comprehend the entire thing.
But I somehow feel happier for the thoughts.
I also wonder if maybe everyone's conscious is actually made up of three parts: one is constantly in heaven, one in hell, one in purgatori. Why? if heaven and hell and purgatori exist, you'd need each soul to be in all three at once. Otherwise, the souls in each place would not understand their existence. They need to be able, from time to time, experience each of the three "planes" of existence - heaven, hell, and purgatori - in order to exist, i.e. so that they have something to compare with, to know which plane they're in.
Maybe you can choose to go to another plane, swap places with whichever part of your conscious is there at the minute. Maybe that's even the circular nature of existence - the explanation of existence is that you want to feel what existence is like

Invisiblemecreateme
YoUisMEEMsiUoY
Male User Gallery

Loc: Memphrica
    #4122633 - 05/02/05 09:43 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

"I think that maybe pure insanity is the point when you think you're even meant to comprehend the entire thing."

Exactly, that is what I was getting at. Not that you would kill yourself or something, shit give me some credit. Walking the line man, you see now?

You clothe your musings in the language of the dark ages. Heaven, hell, purgatori, those are only words, they mean nothing more nothing less. You can only instill meaning into those things, they contain nothing of themselves. Therefore, how could these things be concrete and forms of existence? I think the forms come first, the labels we choose to put on them are fitted over the true things.

Remember, we are perfect. Do not be sidled into a view where we are constantly in purgatori, where we are in the waiting room of life. We are in it, heaven is in perfection. Existence is nirvana. The round goes on, and on, cause that is what it does.

--------------------
No ONE wants to know the ultimate TRUTH, as soon as YOU find IT out, YOU want to forget IT.

You are everything's way of feeling itself.

Happy Schwag, everygodly!

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: mecreateme]
    #4123396 - 05/02/05 12:58 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

aha, earlier i would have said "yeah i know" without really meaning it. But i just had, what is most likely my last "big" revelation for today.
You are of course entirely right with regards language. I only use those words as they're as good (and bad) as any others. I could describe it in utter garbage, to be honest, and it wouldn't matter anyway. Everyone will see the truth eventually. Well, as much as we are meant to. It doesn't mean you should waste life, but you really needn't fear death either

Offlinekratomboy
Drifter
 User Gallery

Loc: Nevada
    #4123724 - 05/02/05 02:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't think we'll ever get to the "answer" of the mystery of existance...  even if we did, the answer would change because the universe is fluid, not static.  I think the answer lies in experience itself.  The question IS the answer and the answer IS the question.  And as long as you are asking you'll always be wondering.  It's when you stop asking and just exist that you flip the coin and the question becomes the answer.  You realize you had it all along.  :wink:

OfflineGreenOsiris
Stranger

Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: kratomboy]
    #4123828 - 05/02/05 03:04 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

My head is spinning :nut:

I don't even think God has the answers, but perhaps God learns through all our experiences combined and everything that happens is necessary for God to grow. Perhaps some day God will have the answers and then we won't need to exist in a physical sense. I am of the opinion that we are all God's messengers and God can learn about itself through our experience, therefore continuing to grow. Once the answer is achieved God might destroy itself and be re-born to learn all over again. I find it hard to fathome the concept that evolution is by mere chance alone, and that the will to evolve is what God is striving for, it is the result of learning through experience.

By the way this is all thought experiment and not meant to be blasphemous becuase I would never say with conviction that I know what God is thinking. :grin:

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: GreenOsiris]
    #4130477 - 05/03/05 10:56 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I don't post very much but i thought i had a view that would give my siding to this.

"God" is the observer, you observe your surroundings, to me in a way this just relates what is actually in you, yourself, and people naturally project themselves onto things, its a natural defense mechanism, effectively making "God" what you project to make the reasons for who made the world, why we exist, because people in general do not want to be unaware, so they create images of what happened. But more "God" is how you live your life to the fullest, and how you percieve things, and who you are. Thats my notion of what God is. Its in you. But then again i have the view of the higher being that created us. The first view i have is one of wonder somewhat wondering if there is actually a higher being out there, but ultimately creating a hypothesis of my own to what "God" is. The 2nd is just one i have been taught throughout my life.....Conditioned to view a certain way.

Things just happen around you, how can you say for sure that a Glass is actually a Glass, when its only meaning is an abstract word, like Mecreateme said:

"You clothe your musings in the language of the dark ages. Heaven, hell, purgatori, those are only words, they mean nothing more nothing less. You can only instill meaning into those things, they contain nothing of themselves. Therefore, how could these things be concrete and forms of existence? I think the forms come first, the labels we choose to put on them are fitted over the true things."

I agree with that full heartedly. The world is what we make it, what we make of it, and how we interact with our surroundings. Not being biased on the issue of Religion or anything like that but I think the whole "God" Religious thing is a basic Conditioning system where we as humans are around "God" every day, it becomes the norm. in the Religious atmosphere (not singling out Christianity, applies as any other Religion as well). To think abstractly outside of the norm isint thought of but after thinking about things like this i'm fairly confident in my position.

Just my opinion on the matter. Mabey it made some sort of sense.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4131578 - 05/04/05 07:41 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

God is consciousness, and consciousness is the only constant that exists. It is the point of reference by which we become capable of measuring the relativity of all things... even our own bodies and minds.

Think about it... when you look in a mirror, you see the aging face of a younger man or woman. If consciousness aged right along with your body and mind, you wouldn't be able to detect that change.

Or to be able to perceive the difference between how you were 10-15 years ago and how far you've come since then... it requires this higher frame of reference in self-awareness to illustrate the agelessness of consciousness.

If the only color that existed was blue, blue would cease to exist. With no other colors to compare it to, it would cease to possess the uniquity of being the singularity.

Such is the nature of consciousness... a singularity. A paradox. THE paradox. We are infinite. Eternal "life" (consciousness) through infinity.

We, as we know ourselves, are the result of a laser beam (our own awareness of our existance) meeting another laser beam (consciousness) to create a hologram. (The hologram is the false sense of individualism.)

:stoned:

Edited by JacquesCousteau (05/04/05 07:47 AM)

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: demon2091tb]
    #4131587 - 05/04/05 07:45 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

demon, straight up man, you're right on.

You should join us over in Spirituality and Philosophy.. you would fit in well.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #4132112 - 05/04/05 10:56 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome may do that if i can get some time. Glad someone like my explanation.

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4132784 - 05/04/05 01:25 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ah yes...the point of existence, is existence, and the meaning of life - is life.
There need be no other reason for anything other than itself. Otherwise, nothing would ever have come into existence in the first place.
I think the patterns all lead you there, eventually, no matter which end you follow them to. Films, books, music, everyone else, plants, fruit, water, light, Earth, etc.
Me calling it a circle is weak, real weak, even for a thing as weak as emre language. An infinite circle woven out of infinite circles is probably a little closer...heh
I think i'm gonna try doing me some more drawing later this week...

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
    #4133194 - 05/04/05 02:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i apologise for posting this here when it should really have been posted in the spirituality forum...but at least you all helped me back. I nearly drove myself insane, looking for the answer to a question that is only itself, is question AND answer together.
I think i came as close to seeing what insanity is as you can without actually going insane. I suspect that to actually see what insanity is, is to know what insanity is, and is to be what insanity is, which is insane.
So, thankyou all. I'm going to try and start a thread in the spirituality forum that kinda carries on this subject...

OfflineGinseng1
Elegant Universe
 User Gallery

#4139903 - 05/05/05 10:03 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

We are all a reflection of god. All life represents god's will. God's drive.

We are god experiencing him/her/it-self. I have a firm belief that the ideas of heaven and hell only exist on earth (well... obviously). Heaven and hell are metaphors for freedom and imprisonment, during the time that Jesus and Mohammed made their claims, they both could see the process of a person losing his or her freedom, and was something nobody should have to experience. Being shut off of the world which you were born into. To be stuck in a cave unable to see the fresh light which is one of the main elements of life. Unable to hear the voices of laughing children, to breath the fresh air, to see the sunrise. To have nobody care for you. To become a useless person that dose nothing. Heaven is when we are free to roam the Earth. To have mindblowing sex, to enjoy fine foods, to listen to music, to enjoy the bodies god gave us.

Buddha was right on tho, he got to the point. He knew that when this life was over, our concepts of pain and pleasure would be nonexistant, because we wouldn't have a body to experience the fruits of life on earth. Heaven and Hell are needed for LIFE, not for the afterlife.

Fuck... life is really something isn't it?
I love it... I hope that when I die, I can return to this very earth, just to listen to the music.

--------------------
Flowing through beginningless time since time without beginning...

Edited by Ginseng1 (05/05/05 10:05 PM)

Offlinenewjon
Stranger
Re: tripping nicely - FINALLY put my musings into a short line [Re: Ginseng1]
    #4142328 - 05/06/05 12:55 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

heh, i think that was what i was trying to say all along. Just couldn't get the words right.
Shows the weakness with language. At least with things like music, if you just close your eyes, and relax, you don't have to cocnentrate at all, you can let it flow straight from within
Food and drink are just ways of experiencing more than one existence at once, when you think about it. That's why they are meant to be appreciated.
That's probably why the more the hand of man taints any particular item of food or drink, the less healthy it becomes, and probably less tasty than a more natural alternative, too. Because it's become, essentially, wrapped up in more layers of abstraction (of existence). I.e. the more it is processed by us, the more it becomes a product of our own abstractions of existence than it was on its own.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder