Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Loc: North Florida
Questions about shrooming in Florida
    #4115407 - 04/30/05 04:38 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I've read about how Psilocybin-containing mushrooms are legal to possess as long as the holder did not intend on ingesting and/or selling. So if I go shrooming tonight (on my property in northwest Florida) and I happen to be approached by a police officer, what things could I say to avoid being arrested?

Or should I even go shrooming tonight? It's been raining all day (suppose to stop around 10pm). It should be about 69F with humidity at 93% at the time I plan on going. I'm a bit confused as to whether shrooms need sunlight to grow or not. What are my chances of spotting any tonight? I'll be happy with even just a few specimens since our cow pasture is only 45 minutes from my home.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineckyrock
Dreamer
Re: Questions about shrooming in Florida [Re: UncleLuke]
    #4115539 - 04/30/05 05:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

ok, by shrooming, I guess you mean hunting. Well, it should be nice. Today in central Alabama, we had plenty of rain without any sunlight. I found nine. As far as excuses go... if he catches you at night with them... he won't be fooled. Best advice is to be very careful, and if someone is coming, of course run. If it is a cop, drop the mushrooms so you can come back later for the goodies!

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

Loc: ATL
    #4115573 - 04/30/05 05:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

It depends on what your looking for. P. cubensis is phototropic and requires sunlight. Plus you wont see anything usually until about 24 hours after the rain.
As far as avoiding the cops, they can arrest you for being in possession of psilocybes, but there is a loop hole. IF you come out of the field with 10 pounds of psilocybes and try to explain that you were "looking for edibles" or "collecting for mycology class", then you are likely to get yourself arrested. But if you have an equal number of psilocybes, edibles, and other randomly assorted mushrooms, then your "just hunting for edibles" defense will go over much better. Even if they do arrest you and take you to court, if you have bunches of different kinds of shrooms, they will probably believe that you made an honest mistake.
Also, if your hunting on your own property then i would be very suprised if the cops came to question you, "exactly what do you think your doing talking a walk on your own property?", "well, sir, i'm taking a walk...", "is that right. Are you sure?", "Yes sir, you can leave now before i have you removed.", "okie-dokie..."

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

Re: Questions about shrooming in Florida [Re: Lysergic_Milkman]
    #4115645 - 04/30/05 05:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Sorry, I'm new. I meant to say hunting, not shrooming.

It's been raining here quite a bit over the past week, but the sun was out and bright all day yesterday. Could these conditions produce P. cubensis, or did todays heavy rain and absence of sunlight destroy them all? Also, could any non-cubensis psychoactive mushrooms be growing in these conditions?

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4115665 - 04/30/05 05:47 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
Sorry, I'm new. I meant to say hunting, not shrooming.

Same thing  :smirk:  :tongue:

Check the hunting FAQ about finding shrooms. Gumby will be very angry with you if he catches you making "is the weather good for mushrooms?" type questions.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4115690 - 04/30/05 05:51 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

I already read the entire FAQ section and failed to find anything that pertained to mushrooms growing in rain. I still have not found an answer.

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4115754 - 04/30/05 06:06 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
I already read the entire FAQ section and failed to find anything that pertained to mushrooms growing in rain. I still have not found an answer.

Well, in that case. It depends on exactly how much rain you've had. If there were flood rains then it is possible that the shrooms were destroyed. A flood can easily destroy mycelium if the water has no where to run-off to.

Quote:

UncleLuke said:
could any non-cubensis psychoactive mushrooms be growing in these conditions?

I have found a single Psilocybe (that i have yet to identify) growing after a flood once, after midnight. It was the most potent looking thing i had ever seen. Unfortunately i wasn't aware that what i had found could have been a new species, so i just dismissed it as a freakishly mutated cube (which it could have been...). I doubt that one would be able to duplicate a find like that though. The point is, you probably wont find anything special after flood rains, but if you do, DOCUMENT IT!

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4115802 - 04/30/05 06:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Does P. cubensis need direct sunlight to produce? The rain has let up and there's a bit of light outside but the clouds are still everywhere. Is there a possibility I could come across a cubensis tonight? It quit raining at about 5:30 and I plan on going hunting at about 11 or 12. It's now 7:22 my time. This will be my first hunt! :-D

--------------------

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4115823 - 04/30/05 06:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Are Panaeolus subbalteatus and Copelandia cyanescens phototropic too?

--------------------

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4118564 - 05/01/05 12:07 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

bump

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4118593 - 05/01/05 12:21 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Pa. subbs are not phototropic. Im not sure about Cope cyans but i dont think so, and yes cubes need direct sunlight to grow. An explenation will help you understand:
Cubes use sunlight to know which direction is up. If there is no sunlight, the shrooms will either be massive lumps inside the manure, or they wont grow at all. Sun triggers the reaction of fruiting. If there is minimal sunlight, you will find small, deformed shrooms with twisted stems and irregular caps because the sunlight triggered the growth, but once they came up and the sun went down they forgot which way to grow. This is especially common in the late fall & early winter months.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4118634 - 05/01/05 12:32 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Yesterday it rained all day up until about 6pm, and hasn't raining at all today. Very clear skies and bright sun. I plan on going hunting tonight but I'm not sure when the best time would be. The sun sets here at 7:20 this evening. What time should I hit the fields?

--------------------

OfflineLysergic_Milkman
Dr. Fist
Male

#4118663 - 05/01/05 12:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

24h after rain stops. 48h even better if youre not competing with greedy shroomheads and drug dealers.

Offlinekasperstillspun
Stranger
    #4118754 - 05/01/05 01:11 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

go set up a tent near ur pasture,lie there and if its humid where u feel like throwingoff your clothes,and you are almost miserable from the air, go at about 3am and check the edges before the middle, thats the perfect time,watch for white gills on the bottom ,u dont want those,they look like cubes but are poisonous.

OfflineUncleLuke
Crack andlasers.
Male

#4118837 - 05/01/05 01:41 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

So you mean to go anytime between 24 and 48 hours after the rain stops?

Or do you mean to go either at 24 hours or 48 hours after, and not inbetween.

--------------------

Invisiblespores
haploid
 User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #4118854 - 05/01/05 01:48 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

here's a hint, when something says ***PLEASE READ***, read it.

3. Do not ask if the current weather is "good for shrooms."
These threads are flat out annoying, and will be locked. This information can easily be found with a little bit of research.
As a general rule of thumb, if it has rained within the last 2-3 days, and the temperatures are correct for the type of mushroom you're looking for, then *yes* it is possible that the mushroom you are looking for is growing.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

locked.

DH

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck