Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

Lively Up Yourself
    #4117458 - 05/01/05 04:25 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

You're gonna lively up yourself
And don't be no drag,
You lively up yourself cause reggae is another bag
You lively up yourself and don't say no
You're gonna lively up yourself cause I said so

(Hear what you gonna do)
You rock so you rock so like you never did before
You dip so you dip so, dip thru my door
You come so you come so oh yeah
You skank so you skank so be alive today

You're gonna lively up yourself and don't say no
You lively up yourself big daddy says so
You lively up yourself and don't be no drag
You lively up yourself cause reggae is another bag

What you got that I don't know
I'm a trying to wonder why you act so
(Hey, do you hear what the man seh?)
Lively up your woman in the morning time you'all
Keep a lively up your woman when the evening come
And take her take ya.

You rock so you rock so you dip so you dip so
You skank so you skank so and don't be no drag
You come so you come so for reggae is another bag.

Get what you got in that bag
What have you got in the other bag
You got hanging there?
What you say you got?
I don't believe you!

Okay, so the lyrics to this Marley song aren't really understandable when you read them like that (like "reggae is another bag"??), but its only when you hear the song that you truely understand what he is trying to say. He puts so much heart and soul in this song, he's almost begging you to listen to him. Its like he knows that he has something important to tell you, but he's afraid that you might not listen to him.

And what he's saying is pretty simple, but you must first be aware of it, and that's a little bit harder. He's saying that happiness can only come from yourself, from the inside. Don't count on him, or on anybody else, to make you happy.

And this is something i realized on a shroom trip. Indeed, at one point when i was close to having a bad trip, i realized that it was all in my head, and if that was true, then it meant that i could probably make myself happy as well. I went through this thinking process in my head in order to make myself happy, and it worked, I felt like the happiest man on earth.

Now, whenever i'm not feeling too good, i try to go through this same process in my head, and I usually start feeling better alot quicker.

Well, this was just a message for those of you who haven't realized this yet, and a reminder for those of you who already have  :wink: :heart:

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
Re: Lively Up Yourself [Re: exclusive58]
    #4117536 - 05/01/05 04:45 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:wink:  :heartpump:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

InvisiblePsychoactive1984
PositiveCynicist
Male
Loc: California, Monterey Coun...
    #4117667 - 05/01/05 05:22 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:yesnod: :bow: Great way to convey the message.

Although, doesn't mean their aren't plenty external forms of happiness.

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
"Politics is the best religion and politicians are the worst followers."
-It's ok to trip as long as you don't fall.
-Substance over Style.
-Common sense is uncommon.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

Loc: The Womb of Love
Re: Lively Up Yourself [Re: Psychoactive1984]
    #4117700 - 05/01/05 05:48 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
:yesnod: :bow: Great way to convey the message.

Although, doesn't mean their aren't plenty external forms of happiness.

There arent any external forms of happiness becuase happiness begins and ends soley in the mind. In essence it is mind-created.

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Lively Up Yourself [Re: egghead1]
    #4117723 - 05/01/05 06:04 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

... not true.

I can inject you with something, that you're biologically hard-wired into liking... their would be no escape from external happiness even if you fought it.

Although, you could present the arguement that it is working on "internal mechanisms".

--------------------
"Their is one overriding question that concerns us all: How can we get out of the fatal groove we are in, the one that is leading towards the brink?" Albert Szent-Gyorgyi
"We may not be capable of eradicating the corruption of reason, but we must nevertheless counter it at every instance and with every means." Dan Agin
-Substance over Style.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4117730 - 05/01/05 06:12 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

But what experiences the happiness? Happiness begins and ends in the mind, without a mind to experience, there is no happiness! End of story!

--------------------
All you need is Love! Really thats it! Infinite Unconditional Love! Just develop that and all else will fall into place perfectly!

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4117734 - 05/01/05 06:19 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

True... but playing with the external... one can truly make someone happy. That was my point.

Although your suggestions is true, it doesn't mean that happiness cannot be created from outside sources.

We can make a similar analogy to a computer that is perfectly isolated, with nothing to alter its program. A virus is introduced, and alters the nature of it. The virus is external, without the external, the machine would be in its perfectly isolated state, and running at its "normal" rate. When the external element is introduced into the system.... the change isn't a result of the computer's original operating system, but the effect the virus has made on it. Without the computer, the virus is meaningless.... without the virus, no change shall result in the computer.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4117752 - 05/01/05 06:29 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The mind someitmes generates happiness in a habitual reaction to some external stimuli. But if you have control over the mind, you can produce that reaction and induce a state of happiness whevever, wherever regardless of extrenal stimuli becuase you have control over the gun, and you can trigger it at any time, whether there is an external target or not.

For example, close your eyes and think of a happy memory from the past until the happy emotion arises, now bring that emotion present and feed it until you no longer need the pciture, open your eyes,  you are now in a state of happiness, enjoy :grin: . It may take 5 or 10 minutes at first but once you get good at this, you dont even need to think of a memory anymore, you can trigger that state whenever you like, its great! :wink:  :heart:

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4117757 - 05/01/05 06:32 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Although, we can equally argue that the memory was created through external events.

I do get what your saying, I'm merely suggesting that the sole base of happiness isn't from the mind. It's both the internal and the external coinciding with each other, although ultimately I'd agree that its mainly mental.

:shrug: I don't need a method to make me happy.... without experiencing the low, you have nothing to define the high.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

InvisibleeMotionALLmotion
DivineeMotive....

Loc: The Symphony of Lights......
    #4117768 - 05/01/05 06:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Although, we can equally argue that the memory was created through external events.

The external events are external,
but the emotions/feelings you build/create from those past events are forever internal as experiences to freely draw from....

:heart:  :sun:  :heart:

--------------------
Uni-VersALL      MasterPeace
eMotive  :sun: Divinity NowThere Infinity :sun:  eMelody

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4117769 - 05/01/05 06:37 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

The sole basis IS the mind. The mind has habitual tendencies to react in certain ways in relation to extrenal stimuli. Thats all! Happiness is 100% mind created! Its fantastic :grin:

"without experiencing the low, you have nothing to define the high."

But it would be nice to be able to CHOOSE and have control over your own mental state now would'nt it? :wink:

--------------------

PositiveCynicist
Male
Re: Lively Up Yourself [Re: eMotionALLmotion]
    #4117773 - 05/01/05 06:38 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

:yesnod:

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

PositiveCynicist
Male
    #4117779 - 05/01/05 06:40 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Happiness is 100% in your head... not mind created. Drugs can create happiness...

It wouldn't be nice to choose to control how you feel. Without differentation of beliefs, thoughts, feelings, etc... :borg:. And nothing to gain as a result of the lack of distinction.

If you were always happy.... you wouldn't call it happiness, but normal, same with sad. It's the distinctions that give the states definition.

--------------------
-Substance over Style.

Offlineegghead1
Nakedly Open

#4117797 - 05/01/05 06:50 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psychoactive1984 said:
Happiness is 100% in your head... not mind created. Drugs can create happiness...

Im sure its your brain thats 100% in your head and not happiness, but then again if someone cut my egghead off i probably would'nt be that happy about it :lol:

Drugs can create altred states, which at best can be called "Euphoria" (exagerated state of excitement). If you feel happy when taking a substance, thats just the mind reacting habitually to a given stimulus, be it an altered state, auditory or visual hallicinuation, or just a sense of openess or euphoria. Either way its the mind that creates the happiness in response to whatever is being experienced.

It wouldn't be nice to choose to control how you feel. Without differentation of beliefs, thoughts, feelings, etc... :borg:. And nothing to gain as a result of the lack of distinction.

Who said that if you could choose to be happy, you would'nt be able to differneciate between beliefs, thoughts and feelings etc? You've lost me on this one, please elaborate  :confused:

If you were always happy.... you wouldn't call it happiness, but normal, same with sad. It's the distinctions that give the states definition.

If you were always happy, regardless of what you called it, you would still always be happy. Is'nt that the main point? :shrug:  :heart: 

--------------------

Edited by egghead1 (05/01/05 08:07 AM)

Offlineexclusive58
illegal alien

#4117904 - 05/01/05 08:54 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

I think you're right when you say that exterior factors can bring you happiness, but in this case happiness is only you're own reaction to the exterior. Like all emotions, you choose (more or less consiously) to react to a certain exterior event.

And that's why I agree that happiness begins and ends in the mind. Its all a matter of being aware of that or not.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #4118103 - 05/01/05 10:46 AM (11 years, 7 months ago)

"Only you, can make you, be happy!"
-Unknown :P

indirectly, however...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology