Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: The Afterlife [Re: OldWoodSpecter]
    #4120516 - 05/01/05 07:30 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

There is this great book every psychonaut should read. It's called 'Emotional Genius' by Karla Mclaren. She's an ex 'New Age healer' and among other things she has some profound yet disturbing insights into hallucinogens and their influence on human beings. The following insight is from this book:

"I prevented myself from dropping into the healing waters of grief by leaving my body when grievous situations occurred. I didn't stick around long enough to feel any proper feelings; therefore, I didn't learn to make the proper movements in response to pain, fear, sadness, or grief. All four of my grandparents died before I was eleven, but I never grieved or mourned for any of them?"

"As I entered into fire-only spiritual study in my teens, I became further separated from grief. I learned that there was no such thing as death, and that life always continues-in some form or another-no matter what?"

"I saw that my lifelong unwillingness to cry and grieve was my way to keep the dead alive. It was my way to stop death in its tracks? I thought this made me stronger, or more spiritual, or more evolved than other people. It didn't. It just trapped me in an immature and unbalanced relationship to the facts of loss and death? I could pontificate about death, and I could fly above death. But I couldn't feel death in my heart?"

"Both the mind and the spirit like to soar above and around life, and they don't understand the need to drop down below life. Grief, however, powerfully overrides our need to fly above, or oversee, or describe the process of death; grief asks us to wade right in and sink down under the water?"

"We tell each other it was all for the best, or that little Bobby's in a better world now. Our minds devise perfect, tidy explanations, our spirits imagine the departed in heaven or nirvana, our feelings are anaesthetized, our bodies are uninhabited-and we "hold up" very well?"

"I watch people who respond to death by making death unreal and grief unnecessary, just as I once did. They rely heavily on their spiritual beliefs so that death doesn't touch them, or they hide in their intellects and create long, rambling stories about death and loss?People with this coldhearted, benumbed spirituality can't see troubles for what they truly are; they don't realize that pain, illness, poverty and grief are natural and deeply spiritual processes?"

What Carla is saying is that people refuse to FEEL the pain and sorrow death brings us. New Age and so-called "spiritual" people use their intellectual or spiritual beliefs (!) in the afterlife to avoid facing the feelings of loss. It's EASY to imagine our friends or family are in a better place now, but it's hard to acknowledge and feel the fact that as far as we KNOW we will never see, touch or speak to them again. It takes courage to feel and embrace the pain this realization brings. And that is HARD.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevilchipmunk
All your nutsare belong tome.

Re: The Afterlife [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #4121191 - 05/01/05 10:00 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The concept of 'life after death' is a contradiction.

The word 'afterlife' itself implies that life has ceased. So how can there be anything afterwards? And if there is something, what is it if not life?

If you live on after dying, then death isn't really death at all. It's just a transition.

--------------------
George Dubya Bush's Resume.

OfflineShroomerious
OO
Male

Re: The Afterlife [Re: evilchipmunk]
    #4122381 - 05/02/05 07:39 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

What I think is that they cry, as for example a kid cries for hours when you take something away from it. There are 2 sides here. The one side is the brainwashing that has happened to say that thereis life after death, without any proof, and it is colliding with the other side which is reality as we know it which could be considered as true far more than afterlife.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order