Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
David Orchard, NAFTA+
    #4116383 - 04/30/05 10:30 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

I went and saw him speak at a small thing with a bunch of people. He talked about pesticides and genetically engeneered foods, forestry, and NAFTA + . He was formerely a big man in the PC party and then they changed over to the Conservative party and Steven Harper basically told him to fuck off or something like that I think. Anyways his talk was really interesting. He was talking about organic farming and how harmfull pesticides and shit are. He also discussed BSE and how we can't send any beef south because of it but america owns all the slaughter houses or something, we only raise them mostly so america is still exporting beef here and it's shitty.

He also talk about NAFTA and how it's really fucking Canada over. In one case there was some company or state or something that sued the Canadian Government for millions of dollars because BC wouldn't bulk export fresh water to them.

He was also talking about how clear cutting is really harmful and that our forestry rating in Canada is really low and shit. I asked him a question about the trees that are being cut in Canada and what they are being used for and he told me bout how this one time him and some people had some protest or something because they were going to clear cut trees to use as toilet paper for americans.

Anyways it was an interesting talk and got me all riled up to maybe volunteer for the Green Party next election or something.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinecb9fl
Senior ChildMolestationExpert
Loc: florida
Re: David Orchard, NAFTA+ [Re: Tasty_Smurf_House]
    #4116412 - 04/30/05 10:36 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

If nature is so important(as it is) maybe the people who are informed and care about this world should begin purchasing land in a developing nation that is rich in natural resources. Once other countries are fucked and the care-nots have died out people who have planned ahead can have a nice place to live.

NAFTA :rolleyes:

No government should have any control over which business or country chooses to trade with another business.

--------------------
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide

"Generosity is nothing else than a craze to possess. All which I abandon, all which I give, I enjoy in a higher manner through the fact that I give it away. To give is to enjoy possessively the object which one gives."

OfflineTasty_Smurf_House
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: David Orchard, NAFTA+ [Re: cb9fl]
    #4116446 - 04/30/05 10:42 PM (12 years, 3 months ago)

i know. im really scared if conservatives win the next election and sign nafta plus or whatever it is. the US wants to turn northamerica into one big thing or something and share troops or something. we would have had to go to war in iraq according to nafta plus or something. it's shitty shit.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion