Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoldtop57
Stranger

Loc: England
Any one use compost/manure mix?
    #4116059 - 04/30/05 07:20 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

a foaf saw 50/50 manure/compost bags at the local greenhouse today. Can they mix this 5/1 with spawned grain?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Any one use compost/manure mix? [Re: goldtop57]
    #4116066 - 04/30/05 07:22 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

That stuff is going to be hit or miss, I wouldn't waste your time if I were you. Better off collecting your own horse poo if you have the option to do so. The results will far exceed anything you can buy at the greenhouse.

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Loc: wouldn't you like to kno ...
    #4116068 - 04/30/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i bought some composted cow manure at walmart for $1.77 its working otu great i jus found my first pins last night!

--------------------
MY Glove Box, Automated Terrarium, and Incubator
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Any one use compost/manure mix? [Re: lordoftheshroomz]
    #4116072 - 04/30/05 07:23 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

but diver is definately right

--------------------
Lil' Wyte, Three Six Mafia, Project Pat will bring it to ya door if theres ana on ya chest.
THE PATRIOT ACT MAY BE THE DOOM OF US ALL! THEY CAN GET THINGS LIKE YOUR MEDICAL/LEGAL RECORDS, YOUR INTERNET HISTORY, YOUR GOOGLE SEARCH INFORMATION, ALL WITHOUT PROBABLE CAUSE OR A WARRANT! ALSO NO ONE CAN LEGALLY TELL YOU. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE, THIS ISN'T EXACTLY A FREE COUNTRY ANYMORE NOW IS IT? THEY ARE DESTROYING THIS COUNTRY SO THEY CAN GET RICHER! THE WAR IN IRAQ ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING! HELP GET THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT WING-NUTS OUT OF POWER, MAKE AN EDUCATED VOTE!

Offlinegoldtop57
Stranger

#4116085 - 04/30/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Horse manure isn't really that available in this situation and buying from Tennessee Stud seems pricey.

Are there any alternatives for mixing spawn with?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4116092 - 04/30/05 07:26 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

then go with the composted manure

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #4116114 - 04/30/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Try to get organic from a small shop, if you can. But it totally depends on your area...as Agar said, they don't pay to ship bagged poop around the country. It's going to be relatively local.

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Any one use compost/manure mix? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4116147 - 04/30/05 07:36 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

Agar??? :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleGnuBobo
Frilly Cuffs Extraordinaire
 User Gallery

Loc: Charisma
    #4116212 - 04/30/05 07:52 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

The guy here named "Agar" that's like a living encyclopedia/experimental mycologist.  AGAR.  Yes.  :smile:

--------------------
Jerry Garcia. JERRY GARCIA! JERRY GARCIA!!!!

Offlineonetime
onetime
 User Gallery

Re: Any one use compost/manure mix? [Re: GnuBobo]
    #4116241 - 04/30/05 07:59 PM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well the thing that i would do if i were you is go to all the shops and look for composts that are certified organic and read the lables of whats in it some selll 100% unspent horse p00p/vermiculite/straw composts witch sound perfect to me the place i know that sells that is a local place about 75miles from me havent had the time to go look at it i know its unspent becouse they make it there at there farm

--------------------

See?
Yes, with my own three eyes.
Depression, Misspells , wanting everying thing i cant have haveing nothing i want

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

Re: Any one use compost/manure mix? [Re: onetime]
    #4117902 - 05/01/05 06:53 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

well with my $1.77 composted cow manure im getting my first pins as of yesterday, more sowed up today. sry i thot u meant diver by the way and accidentally sed agar

--------------------

Offlinegoldtop57
Stranger

#4118248 - 05/01/05 10:08 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

what ratio did you mix it?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4118258 - 05/01/05 10:11 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

i forget that but use a 5 to 1 ratio of compost to spawn

--------------------

Offlinegoldtop57
Stranger

#4118314 - 05/01/05 10:29 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

how long did it take to colonize?

Offlinelordoftheshroomz
recoveringaddict
 User Gallery

#4118447 - 05/01/05 11:26 AM (18 years, 10 months ago)

8 or 9 days

--------------------

Edited by lordoftheshroomz (05/01/05 11:27 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Boomr Bag, Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies