Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Non-mescaline trichs
    #4115177 - 04/30/05 05:32 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Does anyone know of any trichs (pachanois preferably, but probably not possible) that are similar to san pedro in height, difficulty of cultivation, lifespan, etc, but do not contain mescaline, or contain amounts too low to be considered practical?

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefelixhigh
KIA
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ly
Re: Non-mescaline trichs [Re: whatever123]
    #4118825 - 05/01/05 03:36 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

what for?

FH

OfflineSkinnymofo
lalala
Loc: Seattle
Re: Non-mescaline trichs [Re: felixhigh]
    #4122899 - 05/02/05 12:47 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

my guess would be so it doesnt look like hes doing illegal things in his house by getting mescaline and using a look a like as a fake

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Non-mescaline trichs [Re: Skinnymofo]
    #4122908 - 05/02/05 12:49 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Trichs are not illegal.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinewhatever123
Whatever I did, I'm sorry
Male User Gallery

Loc: San Diego, CA
Re: Non-mescaline trichs [Re: gdman]
    #4124014 - 05/02/05 06:04 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Yea, but I also want to get used to growing similar cacti first before spending time and money on something and then fucking it up out of ignorance.

--------------------
Koala Koolio said:
there should be a 3 month waiting period between registration and posting. :wink:

Offlinesuperblingtheory
ghettogepetto

Loc: Omnipresent
    #4124422 - 05/02/05 07:26 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

t. grandifolious (sp. is obviously fucked- glad to have done this wwll so far)... is a sp. of trichocereus (again with the sp. ) that is not ( or at the very best minimally) psychoactive. It grows well in the pot you buy it in for oh so long- I transplanted my 6" cuttings I bought (purely for ornamental value I assure you) two years ago into a pot about 1' deep three months ago- very slow-growing- many sponatneous pups. Still not very tall- slow groing just a couple of inches ahead of iteself- much fatter though. If you are looking for growth parameters for trichs in general- look for them to grow slowly every year- esp. in the winter unless unhder artif. lights. Not peyote slow- but slow. Hard to kill unless you overwater and rot the roots or underwater and dry the fucker up forever and ever. Not sure what you are specifically looking for but if it is honestly a matter of growth specs, I would go for not over/under-watering and no more than one specialty fert. per months. I think though, from personal exp., that they tend to have a higher mesc. content if they are fertilized well, as the nutrients/micronutrients are present that give results. If you are looking for "I bought a trich. and nothing happened" thing- I know there seems to be a common graph-oriented look-alike that is reasonably well adjusted to the opposing phyicallisty of the peruvianus (sp. again.....) without being un-identifiably different. Don't know what it is called though. I DO however know that blue myrtles are very similar in height and structure and I've seen many stupid "heads" bring them to me thinking they were something similar and be very dissapointed- they are "magical looking". Have fun either way.

--------------------

Guts and danger, Airborne Ranger...

Offlinefaslimy
Dead Man
 User Gallery
    #4124718 - 05/02/05 08:45 PM (11 years, 7 months ago)

Trichocereus pachanoi is probably one of the easiest columnar cacti to grow

OfflineS8N
PIMP
Male User Gallery

Loc: michigan
Re: Non-mescaline trichs [Re: faslimy]
    #4773052 - 10/08/05 03:54 PM (11 years, 2 months ago)

yep pedro is stupid easy to grow. check out cacti 101, ive laid several posts down to the point of where an idiot could grow san pedro. its a cactus, remember it can go for a very very long time with out water. just when you root or transplant the cactus, deprive it hard core of water and it will love you in the end for it. "over or under water" hehe, ive let a cactus go a YEAR with out water. not a big bad 24 inch cut, a 6 inch blue myrtal. added water and its come back to life. trash the under watering idea, you can water it 4 times a year if you honestly like. blue myrtal is cheap, and its usualy avalable everywhere. its said to be a better grafting stock by some. just my 2 cent piece

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden